You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East State Of The Fleet

Go North East State Of The Fleet

RE: State Of The Fleet
(02 May 2023, 11:37 am)morritt89 wrote Was it blue smoke? When Deptford had the Black Cat Streetlites they randomly started to regen and you could not see the back of the bus in the mirrors due to the blue smoke. I've had a Streetdeck do similar too. Looks and smells awful (and in my opinion shouldn't occur when driving along a road).
I had to do a forced regen on our diesel Smart car and it was a sight to behold.
Previous owner lived on a barracks so it had only done short journeys and it was completely clogged.

Pulling out of the estate there was plumes of smoke and sparks flying out of the exhaust. I decided to do it on a night so it was less noticeable, but the sparks gave it away!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(02 May 2023, 11:37 am)morritt89 wrote Was it blue smoke? When Deptford had the Black Cat Streetlites they randomly started to regen and you could not see the back of the bus in the mirrors due to the blue smoke. I've had a Streetdeck do similar too. Looks and smells awful (and in my opinion shouldn't occur when driving along a road).
No idea but it was far too smoky for comfort. We did get transferred to another passing bus, eventually, after someone alerted the driver.
The card reader pad on a 10’s ticket machine has a sticker saying don’t forget to tap off. 

Is it a ticket machine from a tap on tap off service or is tap on tap off being rolled out more widely now?
(02 May 2023, 3:37 pm)ne14ne1 wrote The card reader pad on a 10’s ticket machine has a sticker saying don’t forget to tap off. 

Is it a ticket machine from a tap on tap off service or is tap on tap off being rolled out more widely now?
That will be a machine from a voltra. TOTO wont work on any other services bar 53,54 and Q3
(02 May 2023, 5:08 pm)Blockybus wrote That will be a machine from a voltra. TOTO wont work on any other services bar 53,54 and Q3

Ah. That’s confusing then.
This is the amount of streetlites at Deptford which don't have working displays/ dimmed

5412 missing rear display 
5420 Side and Rear missing 
5411 no rear display 
5432 dimmed rear display 
5417 rear dimmed display 
5410 dimmed front display 
5371 No Rear/Side Display
5441 no rear display 
5431 no rear display
5438 orange display instead of White
Prince Bishop Streetlite Front Display is on a 75 degree angle
(26 May 2023, 5:40 pm)Unber43 wrote This is the amount of streetlites at Deptford which don't have working displays/ dimmed

5411 no rear display 
5432 dimmed rear display 
5417 rear dimmed display 
5441 no rear display 
5431 no rear display
This should be reported to the company (via customer services) as this is part of a first use driver check and a none working Destination is a defect and needs to be working for service. Why have these fitted to vehicle's for the customer benefit if they (the company) don't think they should be reset/fixed
(26 May 2023, 5:40 pm)Unber43 wrote This is the amount of streetlites at Deptford which don't have working displays/ dimmed

5411 no rear display 
5432 dimmed rear display 
5417 rear dimmed display 
5441 no rear display 
5431 no rear display
Not good!! Thank you for flagging these issues. I have emailed the depot to get them fixed

(26 May 2023, 6:09 pm)Retro Nero wrote This should be reported to the company (via customer services) as this is part of a first use driver check and a none working Destination is a defect and needs to be working for service. Why have these fitted to vehicle's for the customer benefit if they (the company) don't think they should be reset/fixed
It's a hard battle at the moment with over 500 buses it's hard to keep up with all the issues. We are seeing a lot of the same batch of buses having the same issues which I suspect is them all coming to the end of life. Hanover engineers are at depots on a daily basis fixing the issues
(26 May 2023, 6:53 pm)Blockybus wrote Not good!! Thank you for flagging these issues. I have emailed the depot to get them fixed
Much appreciated.

There are also a hell of a lot of decals missing on several prince bishops and drifter buses.
There are currently 7 Hybrids off, 8 are on. 

THey need a replacement ASAP. GNE are quite lacking in Deckers, Deptford there has been single deckers on the 56 recently, no deckers on the 20/20A/65 (should be 3-4), 

6086-6098 (13, 56PVR 11) Two can be VOR
3941-3943/62 - 20/20A/65
6001/3963 spare. 
But then I think Deptford run 4 School Routes so that is PVR 3
A peak decker for 39A.

As well Consett needs to stop using nice buses on school routes, its destroying them. 

Both Washington, Consett and Deptford need more deckers, also Washington need to allocate their fleet better, the amount of high spec buses on school routes (that don't go onto the 91 then X1 is a joke)
(30 May 2023, 11:30 am)streetdeckfan wrote Just followed 5399 through Stanley and noticed it advertises USB and Wireless charging on the back of it.

None of the Streetlites have wireless charging do they?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
They have plug sockets with the USB thing attached to them bit like on some of the X Lines (mainly X1/X45 StreetDeck)
Have they started removing/correcting the destinations on any of the Xlines liveried vehicles yet?
E.g. Metrocentre, Rowlands Gill etc / Red Kite country still listed on the sides of Streetdecks regularly on X21
(28 May 2023, 3:58 pm)itsadam wrote Has anyone heard anything about 6062 and what caused it to topple over?

6062 is being mothballed and I believe because the road it was going up had no path and  the driver must of accidentally drove too much to the left causing it to fall off the road.

(08 Jun 2023, 12:45 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Have they started removing/correcting the destinations on any of the Xlines liveried vehicles yet?
E.g. Metrocentre, Rowlands Gill etc / Red Kite country still listed on the sides of Streetdecks regularly on X21

No, as the X-Lines B5LH's still have Shotley Bridge branding inside and outside
I see some (if not all) of the Little Pinks have had the prices removed from the rear. With an angle grinder too, by the looks of it!

Inside hasn't been updated. Cove panels still display incorrect information and prices, which is contradicted by the posters that have been put into the clip frame.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Jun 2023, 4:52 pm)Adrian wrote I see some (if not all) of the Little Pinks have had the prices removed from the rear. With an angle grinder too, by the looks of it!

Inside hasn't been updated. Cove panels still display incorrect information and prices, which is contradicted by the posters that have been put into the clip frame.

Most prices were peeled off until new designs were made and printed. In the next few weeks you will see all exterior fares replaced with recruitment adverts. Seen the first Angel done this morning 

https://ibb.co/1ZbkPV4
(12 Jun 2023, 8:21 am)Blockybus wrote Most prices were peeled off until new designs were made and printed. In the next few weeks you will see all exterior fares replaced with recruitment adverts. Seen the first Angel done this morning 

Cheers, probably a better use of the rear space, and at least it doesn't require a print run every time the prices change.

The cove panelling probably needs similar treatment, and is an issue on quite a bit of the fleet from what I've seen. It falls foul of the protections offered by the Consumer Protection Act, if someone made enough of a fuss over it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(12 Jun 2023, 8:21 am)Blockybus wrote Most prices were peeled off until new designs were made and printed. In the next few weeks you will see all exterior fares replaced with recruitment adverts. Seen the first Angel done this morning 

Even more friendlier happy drivers? 

I’d stick that in the mis selling  services bucket too ?

Is free uniform really a big enough sell to whack on a bus?
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
They still haven’t peeled off the 96/97 route info on the ex Green Arrow E200MMCs.
That and repainting them into corporate livery should’ve been priority over repainting any corporate Streetlites into Coaster colours
Site Administrator
State Of The Fleet
(22 Jun 2023, 8:54 am)ne14ne1 wrote They still haven’t peeled off the 96/97 route info on the ex Green Arrow E200MMCs.
That and repainting them into corporate livery should’ve been priority over repainting any corporate Streetlites into Coaster colours

So you’d prioritise repainting a bus that isn’t already at Saltmeadows for accident damage? You’d prioritise losing mileage at Consett because their VOR is quite high at the moment and can’t ‘needlessly’ keep buses off the road for something that is not completely essential?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
State Of The Fleet
(22 Jun 2023, 11:22 am)F114TML wrote Could they not at least remove the stickers at Consett over a Sunday or two? Even if it's just the ones that mention the 96/97 route?

This is exactly what has been done on some.

(22 Jun 2023, 12:41 pm)Dan wrote This is exactly what has been done on some.

Noticed that on the Cobalts aswell, personally doesnt bother me, a bus is a bus,  but i do wonder if GNE have had their ears chewed by the "thats false advertising" folk
Kind Regards
Tez
(22 Jun 2023, 12:41 pm)Dan wrote This is exactly what has been done on some.

It’s been over 3 months. Have they forget to finish the rest?