You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: 6062
(25 Apr 2023, 11:08 pm)itsadam wrote What's everyone's theories on what happened? I'm curious to see what everyone says

Check the bus incidents thread out. 
The same patter is in there, including theories about how and why it happened.

There was another thread created about this incident, but that was merged in to the bus incidents conversation.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(25 Apr 2023, 11:08 pm)itsadam wrote What's everyone's theories on what happened? I'm curious to see what everyone says
Here's my theory knowing nothing other than what I read in the news and saw in the pictures.

Driver picked passenger up at the stop round the corner, pulled away and went round the corner, started doing that thing where they faff about with the money and started to drift to the left.
As the driver hit the verge and realised their mistake, they quickly spun the wheel right which made the front left wheel lose grip on the soft ground, and it slid down the hill and toppled.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(26 Apr 2023, 8:50 am)streetdeckfan wrote Here's my theory knowing nothing other than what I read in the news and saw in the pictures.

Driver picked passenger up at the stop round the corner, pulled away and went round the corner, started doing that thing where they faff about with the money and started to drift to the left.
As the driver hit the verge and realised their mistake, they quickly spun the wheel right which made the front left wheel lose grip on the soft ground, and it slid down the hill and toppled.

Thanks Colombo.....

and just one more thing............
RE: Bus incidents
Drivers being suspended (with pay) is normal after a collision. Not sure why it's being spun by the media, nor should it have been disclosed as it is encroaching on the driver's data protection rights.

Ben Maxfield, who appears to be performing a slimmed down MD role, should really know better when it comes to dealing with the press... especially after saying nobody was injured initially.
(18 May 2023, 12:34 pm)nova347 wrote 5429 on the 65 arriving from Seaham hit a pedestrian as it pulled into Durham Bus Station.
Out of respect I will not make the obvious location based joke.

(18 May 2023, 12:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Out of respect I will not make the obvious location based joke.

Seaham? The driver obviously didn't.
Bus incidents
Stagecoach North East 28016 was involved in an incident a few days ago, here are photos and an article posted by Sunderland Global Media on Facebook.

“New photos have been submitted showing the damage done in last night's horrific crash between a bus and a car next to Grindon lane.

Two passengers were injured. Witnesses have claimed that the car driver subsequently fled the scene on foot”.

[Image: 2743d5980cb84f347f4908322caabcc7.jpg]
[Image: 4699e7f73f917a41ace8b9813d5d0781.jpg]
[Image: c987c20c7b2e9f2b921287374d14edef.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(28 May 2023, 10:52 am)BusLoverMum wrote Looks like the car hit the bus at some speed.

Ye, the car ran a red light and then the driver did a runner.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jun 2023, 2:36 pm)Adrian wrote Shiney Row roundabout, according to posts on Facebook.

[Image: dfbb7fd691f487659c771b5184d042b9.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Barrack Row? There's often stuff going through that fence.

If it hasn't been done already, they can get the angle grinder to the rear where the fares are when they're on. Kill two birds with one stone
(12 Jun 2023, 2:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote Barrack Row? There's often stuff going through that fence.

If it hasn't been done already, they can get the angle grinder to the rear where the fares are when they're on. Kill two birds with one stone
There's an irony in there, because 688 is the one with the "avoid parking hassle" tagline!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(12 Jun 2023, 2:57 pm)Adrian wrote There's an irony in there, because 688 is the one with the "avoid parking hassle" tagline!

Just found a photo from the rear. Can see the tagline on full show. 

Can't upload with this version of the forum unfortunately.
RE: State Of The Fleet
(12 Jun 2023, 3:21 pm)adavies3774 wrote Do NOT upload pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? 

Anyway, there's photos in the Bus Incidents thread.
RE: Shiney Row Crash
(12 Jun 2023, 7:13 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Been sent a photo by a relative looks like 688 gonna be VOR for a while. (Was on a 4 at Shiney apparently)
Photo?
RE: State Of The Fleet
(12 Jun 2023, 3:20 pm)Busu284 wrote NK66 CXD 688 has crashed at Shiney Row. Don't know how to upload photos on here

Upload it to something like Flickr and post the link