Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

tom.robinson206
Unregistered
RE: Go North East
(18 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm)mattdw92 wrote Could also be for Saltwell Park and Drifter 60, to displace the Versas to other service. PVR 8 on both of them?

Good thinking! The 'Saltwell Park' Versa's appear to be quite problematic. I think that could be quite likely - then Deptford's Versa's could move on to the 39?
(18 Mar 2013, 6:31 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm)mattdw92 wrote Could also be for Saltwell Park and Drifter 60, to displace the Versas to other service. PVR 8 on both of them?

Good thinking! The 'Saltwell Park' Versa's appear to be quite problematic. I think that could be quite likely - then Deptford's Versa's could move on to the 39?

I think that seems more logical sense especially with current PVR (plus we know GNE arn't really into buying enough for there being spares!). Newer and higher Euro standard vehicles replacing older lower Euro vehicles seems more ideal for GNE reaching their 'Green Strategy'. I really think that this could be the case..... hmm!

In terms of The Loop, I really can't see Streetlites being a realistic choice!

I think we could endlessly speculate where the Versas (if the displacers), could go. Ideal to replace things the size of MPD's.... Could go anywhere!
Site Administrator
I'd be shocked if Go North East did decide that "Drifter" 60 required a smaller vehicle seating capacity than it does at present.
Two years ago or so, I remember while travelling to school on a morning, about seven buses (3x Drifter 60, 2x Drifter 61, 2x SimpliCity 42) drove past me because they were all full. This happened on a snowy morning, and the heaving passenger numbers continued well into the morning.
I was ill, and actually had to be sent home from school because I was that bad. All through being in the cold for over an hour because of passenger numbers being so high on the bus services I'd usually use to get to school.

During the day, it's not half as bad, I agree... But no. It just couldn't happen for schools.
During school time kick-out of arrival times, the 60 requires double deckers nevermind StreetLites.

I use the 60 on an almost daily basis still (as well as the 61/42), and nothing has changed.
I also use the 39 regularly (hence why I suggested vehicles with a higher seating capacity than an MPD previously), and it doesn't require a larger vehicle than a 60.
Could be the Streetlite 8.8m, 9.5 (wheel forward) or 10.2m or 10.8m (door forward) or even the 11.5m (MAX model). All of which have capacity ranging from 33 to 45.

There is no evidence what chassis size Streetlite they would be investing in though. Until we know, we can't really justify the route.

Based on length, the Streetlite wins the Versa everytime for seating capasity.

Stanley "apparently" seeing Versas too for Diamond from the same source of info.
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm)mattdw92 wrote Based on length, the Streetlite wins the Versa everytime for seating capasity.

If that were so (I actually thought the StreetLite had less seats), then StreetLites displacing Versas on "Drifter" 60 would make sense.
With reference to the Citaros for the M1 I hope it the new "K" version I certainly can't wait for them to arrive.

Also I hope if these StreetLites don't end up displacing Versas onto the Washington Street Shuttle. And i'm doubtful the StreetLites would go on the LOOP, it doesn't seem logical to me unless they were to be put them onto the Lime/Waggonway.

Wonder what else GNE are getting this year, other than more Geminis.
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm)Rob wrote Full details will be released in the coming weeks I would imagine. Everyone appears to be in the correct mindset with their guess's. Both batches of Optare Versa vehicles in the fleet at present have experienced issues, you maybe aware of the power problems when climbing hills. There have also been issues regarding electrical faults within the driver cab, subsequently dealt with by Optare.

I know that Transdev York had problems with their Versa's on the long-distance 'Coastliner' services, so I doubt that the Versa's will move on to 'Diamond' services.
Stanley "apparently" seeing Versas too for Diamond from the same source of info.
[/quote]

I can't seem to understand why you would replace Citaros with Versas. I got the demo from Stanley to the Metrocentre and I didn't think it was that great in all honesty.
Regular
loop will deffo not be upgraded for a solid few years yet i think it will be for saltwell park placing these versas to washington for washington street brand as they need them like mad as for streetlites for deptford probs for 60 or 36 displacing these versas to a more demanding route like X36 when that arrives and 39 they are needing newer vehicles and deserved to be upgraded as for citaros on M1 the newer ones will look nice scanias to popular routes like waggonway 28/28A and Lambton Worm 34/34A
Wherever the displaced Solar's go (assuming
the M1 and 93/94 are getting new vehicles),
because of their age, they are likely to only get
another 3-4 years service at another depot by
the time they move at the end of the year (to fit
in with the supposed 15 year life expectancy). The loop vehicles have just had their re-brand,
but not sure about the internal refurb.
The M1s have had their mid-life refurb and will
be due an external refresh soon.
If Washington do get the Citaros, then the
majority of the single deck fleet there would be standard, although being brutally honest after
the proposed changes to the M1 last summer, I
don't see GNE viewing the route as a money-
making priority. Not enough to invest in a load
of brand new vehicles anyway. If the Citaros
are coming, then I cant envisage the M1 staying the way it is. Speaking of new vehicles - the Solars on the 50
will be on their way in a year or two (possibly sooner they way they seem to be playing up).
Whilst the Highwayman, 56, x35 and 20
vehicles are all of a similar age.
Not forgetting the Tridents, Loynes, Plaxtons, Renowns etc (R, S, T, V, W, Y, 51, 52 reg) which are all getting on as it is.

With regard to the 238 route in Seaham, does
anyone know how it will get from Ryhope to Seaham and on towards Houghton? Unless it goes along the coast, it will be using the same stretch of road between Lord Byrons way and Seaham Red Star twice on each leg of the journey i.e Sunderland - Seaham; Seaham -
Houghton and when it returns, Houghton -
Seaham, Seaham - Sunderland.
Go North East - Part 5
Few Random things on Vosa today..

PB0002400/323 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Washington, Galleries Bus Station and Seaburn Recreation Park given service number A2 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/372 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle City Centre and Gypsies Green Stadium-South Shields given service number R1/R2 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/387 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Durham Railway Station and Chester-Le-Street, Durham Cricket round given service number 500 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/424 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Peterlee Bus Station and Seaburn Recreation Park given service number A1/A3 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/428 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Fluwell Quarry and Seaburn Recreation Park given service number Park & Ride 2 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/441 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Interchange and South Shields keppel Street given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/460 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Monument and Heworth interchange given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.
PB0002400/467 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Lambton Park and Chester Le Street, Durham County Cricket Ground given service number 501 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/468 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chester Le Street Railway Station and Chester Le Street, Durham County Cricket Ground given service number 502 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0002400/471 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Enterprise Park and Seaburn Park given service number Park & Ride 1 effective from 12-May-2013.
PB0002400/472 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Stadium of Light and Seaburn Park given service number Park and Ride 3 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/391 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth, Metro Interchange and Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station given service number R3 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/482 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Gateshead Interchange and Shipcote, Durham Road/Enfield Road junction given service number Saltwell Park Fireworks effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/496 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and South Hylton Metro given service number 901 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/512 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between South Shields, Keppel Street and Newcastle, Haymarket given service number 27X Express effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/516 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between REGENT CENTRE INTERCHANGE and MONKSEATON NETRO given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/534 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Haymarket/St Mary's Place and Regent Centre interchange given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/537 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between MONKSEATON METRO STATION and MANORS METRO STATION given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.

PB0003954/556 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between LONGBENTON METRO STATION and MANORS METRO STATION given service number 900 effective from 12-May-2013.

More may be added as i checked at 9am this morning... lol
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Gateshead depot is the latest to have the colour number display updated to show white number on colour background, the 27 now has a maroon background colour.
Interesting developments.

I might yet be riding on something better than a DAF in a few months...
(19 Mar 2013, 9:50 am)Kuyoyo wrote Gateshead depot is the latest to have the colour number display updated to show white number on colour background, the 27 now has a maroon background colour.

It is only the 27 currently along with X9/X10 at Gateshead. Was in the depot at 4 this morning updating the Citaro's
Regular
(19 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(19 Mar 2013, 9:50 am)Kuyoyo wrote Gateshead depot is the latest to have the colour number display updated to show white number on colour background, the 27 now has a maroon background colour.

It is only the 27 currently. Was in the depot at 4 this morning updating the Citaro's

ive noticed some but not all buses are getting a similar scheme eg blaydon racers angel laser etc name a few
Saw a Waggonway doing a 50 today (pity the poor souls doing a decent length journey on that!) and a Lime on a 34 when I was in Chester le Street earlier on.

Also, a Cadet was working an M1 - saw that a few times over the day.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
(19 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Saw a Waggonway doing a 50 today (pity the poor souls doing a decent length journey on that!) and a Lime on a 34 when I was in Chester le Street earlier on.

NexusBus Solo SR 638 was on the 98 this afternoon, the 1637 from Market Street. I don't think I've seen such a working before! I was trying to get a photo but I was stuck on the number 1 right behind it all the way down to Central! Wink
(19 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Saw a Waggonway doing a 50 today (pity the poor souls doing a decent length journey on that!) and a Lime on a 34 when I was in Chester le Street earlier on.

That'd be me most days! Big Grin

Waggonways were getting packed through Birtley today as the 21 continues to suffer from the current contraflow on Durham Road/Shipcote, obviously nigh on impossible for GNE to have any reliability when the road conditions are so poor
(18 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm)Andreos1 wrote The M1s have had their mid-life refurb and will
majority of the single deck fleet there would be standard, although being brutally honest after
of brand new vehicles anyway.

Personally feel that the M1 was destroyed prior to the Galleries the moment the route was changed from the old Easington Lane - Heworth route. As a regular user of the service at present, I still feel it gets really busy between the Galleries and Heworth, no matter the time of day really. I always feel the M1 suffered in order to push people in to using the X1 between the Galleries and Houghton. To me, that's clear enough from the proposals to reduce the service between Fatfield and Houghton last year. Fencehouses was never going to generate the demand for a 10 minute service.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
(20 Mar 2013, 9:43 am)Michael wrote 5201 on 36 in park lane atm (9:43am)

Cheers Michael! If it stayed in service then it should have done 1045, 1145 and hopefully will do 1245, 1345, 1445, then I think the timetable goes a bit funny after 3, can never remember the times! Ill hopefully time to be on it at around 5 I'm hoping Smile Perhaps there's something wrong with one of the versas because there was a Cadet on 36 yesterday which Peter managed to photo.
(20 Mar 2013, 12:02 pm)Brandon wrote
(20 Mar 2013, 9:43 am)Michael wrote 5201 on 36 in park lane atm (9:43am)

Cheers Michael! If it stayed in service then it should have done 1045, 1145 and hopefully will do 1245, 1345, 1445, then I think the timetable goes a bit funny after 3, can never remember the times! Ill hopefully time to be on it at around 5 I'm hoping Smile Perhaps there's something wrong with one of the versas because there was a Cadet on 36 yesterday which Peter managed to photo.

5325 is at Saltmeadows
Laser on 56 at southwick heading for sunderland

Seems the changes for the 9/26/36/99/X3 will be in June.

TBH i think they will go ahead, if people want them or not.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Mar 2013, 11:20 pm)aureolin wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm)Andreos1 wrote The M1s have had their mid-life refurb and will
of brand new vehicles anyway.

Personally feel that the M1 was destroyed prior to the Galleries the moment the route was changed from the old Easington Lane - Heworth route. As a regular user of the service at present, I still feel it gets really busy between the Galleries and Heworth, no matter the time of day really. I always feel the M1 suffered in order to push people in to using the X1 between the Galleries and Houghton. To me, that's clear enough from the proposals to reduce the service between Fatfield and Houghton last year. Fencehouses was never going to generate the demand for a 10 minute service.

I spoke to Peter Huntley on open line prior to the M1 being rerouted through Fencehouses and we discussed how people would go to Washington, Gateshead via Houghton on the M1/x1 from Fencehouses, due to perceived journey times and the fact a buzzfare/dayrover would make the cost identical, rather than direct on the M1 which isn't what they were wanting at all. His comments and reaction was one of surprise, but he stated he would take note.
When the timetables were published, all connections between the two services were promoted via The Galleries...

Between Heworth and The Galleries, the M1 is the quickest service so it is bound to popular.
The potential in Fencehouses is high, not just for the M1, but its location so close to two boundaries restrict where passengers will go. Why pay a fortune on a single, return or two zone buzzfare ticket to Chester le Street or Washington, when it can cost less on a longer journey, using two buses to Sunderland?
It is the same in Birtley. People go on a 30/45 min journey north rather than pay a fortune to go 10 mins down the road to Chester...
Adam's GNE Update
Odd Allocations 20/3/2013 - Don't Know Fleet Numbers will do them later

Fab56 on Simplicity 36
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Ex Crusader Renown on the 50
Route 19 on The Nine
Sunderland Connect on Staff Shuttle
South Tyne 5 on the Fab57/24