You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

RE: GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions
(06 Aug 2023, 11:50 am)busmanT wrote I specifically said "new GNW drivers" - i.e. not ones working at Queens Road, but ones recruited specially for the new franchise work at Bolton and Wigan.

There is absolutely no guarantee that existing drivers will TUPE over to GNW - they don't have to and Diamond are retaining a depot in Bolton (Folds Road - rumoured to be the current Arriva depot) and Stagecoach are setting up a new depot for recently won schools work so some drivers might choose to stay with them.

And there is nothing as far as I can see to stop GNW using existing drivers on franchise work anyway.

I did see on facebook that Diamond drivers were given multiple options - transfer to Eccles, transfer to Folds Road, transfer to Preston Bus and TUPE across to GNW, so I would imagine some drivers will go to one of the first three options leaving GNW requiring a few drivers to operate the services.
Another Angel Streetdeck failed yesterday, 6321 expired in Chester le Street and was there for a few hours with its guts across the road blocking the 50/X12 stop.

A Tyne Valley Ten dropped in to replace it.

Not wanting to be the only streetdeck to fail, 6304 operating the 34 failed but the driver managed to get it ticking again
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Anyone know why part of the back of 5376 (Drifter) had been painted with a darker blue.

Also the right half of 5371 (Drifters) rear display isn't working and neither is the side display.

And 5370 rear display as been changed from White LED to orange LED.
(07 Aug 2023, 8:50 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Perhaps being repainted into fleet livery?

No Like its just a dark blue strip up the back right it goes from like the bottom to like just above the display. Like one single strip of dark blue paint. I have a photo but I don't know how to upload a photo onto here. 

(07 Aug 2023, 8:44 pm)nova347 wrote Anyone know why part of the back of 5376 (Drifter) had been painted with a darker blue.

Also the right half of 5371 (Drifters) rear display isn't working and neither is the side display.

And 5370 rear display as been changed from White LED to orange LED.

Defective Destination is part of the drivers daily checks, so it should be reported every day until repair
(08 Aug 2023, 7:40 am)Retro Nero wrote Defective Destination is part of the drivers daily checks, so it should be reported every day until repair
Aren't they a legal requirement? And if so, shouldn't they be off the road until they're fixed?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(08 Aug 2023, 12:56 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Aren't they a legal requirement? And if so, shouldn't they be off the road until they're fixed?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

The front one being defective is a PG9 issue and the bus should be pulled from service immediately.
Side and rear ones fall under accessibility and must be fixed within 28 days of the issue first being reported. The bus can be used in service for 28 days after the defect is first reported iirc.
Crusader 27 last night from shields. Looked like the front left was VERY low. Driver pulled into stop, knew something was up, revered out, pulled back in then got out of cab with doors open and jumped up and down. Seemed to fix it. On another note EVERY GNE driver i had the pleasure of showing my DAY ROVER too was extremely pleasant - maybe it was cause it cost me 9.10p!!
(08 Aug 2023, 8:58 pm)Graphite39A/39B/39 wrote Anyone know what happened to 6354 as it had smoke out on 4th

The X10 MMCs look pretty sketchy at the moment. 

Today, if Bustimes is to be believed, the following were on there:

6352 (lasted until the 10:10 from Middlesbrough)
6360 (did one round trip this morning)
6358 (has lasted all day so far! but seems to have been swapped onto the board behind what it was originally on?)
6317 (lasted until the 19:20 to Middlesbrough)
6353 (looks to have taken over from 6360)
6053 (looked to take over from 6352 but this barely tracked, mind)
6099 (possibly took over from 6053)
6312 (on from the 18:20 to Middlesbrough)
5411 has just came back today after being off for a month. Anyone knows what happened to this?

Also what happened to 684, it came back into service yesterday and it looks like practically all the panels have been replaced.
(08 Aug 2023, 9:44 pm)nova347 wrote 5411 has just came back today after being off for a month. Anyone knows what happened to this?

I think it had a new engine? There's been a couple of streetlites with engines swapped out at deptford lately.
(08 Aug 2023, 9:44 pm)nova347 wrote 5411 has just came back today after being off for a month. Anyone knows what happened to this?

Also what happened to 684, it came back into service yesterday and it looks like practically all the panels have been replaced.

684 been off for many months awaiting a new engine being delivered and fitted.
does anyone know where 6211 6213 & 6222 are?. They seem to be the only ex London B9's that have not appeared in the North East yet although 6222 was reported some time ago but nothing has been seen or heard of it since.
(10 Aug 2023, 9:28 am)ian foster wrote does anyone know where 6211 6213 & 6222 are?. They seem to be the only ex London B9's that have not appeared in the North East yet although 6222 was reported some time ago but nothing has been seen or heard of it since.

6210-6213 & 6222 are either in the process of single door conversion, or awaiting MOT, or awaiting repaint.
6199 is another yet to make its debut in service.
(10 Aug 2023, 9:47 am)busmanT wrote 6210-6213 & 6222 are either in the process of single door conversion, or awaiting MOT, or awaiting repaint.
6199 is another yet to make its debut in service.

And 6202 still missing I believe?
Some of the earlier appearances are due to phantom ones, usually it's an error but some could be down to drivers wanting to troll enthusiasts thinking their is a special bus or unusual working happening.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(17 Aug 2023, 12:56 pm)deanmachine wrote Was for a funeral for one of our colleagues.

Ah right, sorry to hear Sad
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
6222 having what I’m sure were wing mirror issues on Durham Road

Engineer in The drivers seat with a laptop
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Site Administrator
(17 Aug 2023, 5:25 pm)Ambassador wrote 6222 having what I’m sure were wing mirror issues on Durham Road

Engineer in The drivers seat with a laptop

Had a chuckle a couple of weeks ago…

[Image: ed4c960b70e8df8c5bc384bb79b18d98.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(17 Aug 2023, 7:56 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Roadstripes and all: 

https://flic.kr/p/2oWgwUM

It says in the comments on the photo that it is temporary, however they could just stripping it because its getting a new livery when it comes back. but idk why they did that so fast but they still havent removed the X45/X46 Xlines Destinations off the StreetDecks after 14 months

It says in the comments on the photo that it is temporary, however they could just stripping it because its getting a new livery when it comes back. but idk why they did that so fast but they still havent removed the X45/X46 Xlines Destinations off the StreetDecks after 14 months

On vehicles that have the illuminated logo on the front, is that just a clear panel that's painted body colour, and a stencil of the logo is painted over to keep that section clear?