Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

CatsFast101
Unregistered
RE: Go North East - Latest
(06 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote No, think you are wrong there Tongue

Will one of the Omnicity from 9 go over to Stanley? They hardly ever see use on the 9 anyways!
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Also, could we see the first Renowns withdrawn from Stanley once the Omnicity arrive? Or will these swap with Percy Main (and possibly other depots) to withdraw SPDs?
Site Administrator
(06 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Also, could we see the first Renowns withdrawn from Stanley once the Omnicity arrive? Or will these swap with Percy Main (and possibly other depots) to withdraw SPDs?

Yes.
(06 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Also, could we see the first Renowns withdrawn from Stanley once the Omnicity arrive? Or will these swap with Percy Main (and possibly other depots) to withdraw SPDs?

Quite possibly! Big Grin They'll only need to send one Renown to Percy Main as they already have 4911 which could replace one of them. 4912 could transfer over to Percy Main. But won't the Olympians be first to be withdrawn instead of the Renowns? (the deckers used on the X30/X31 could transfer to various depots)
5229 was on 74 was presumbly either for a crew famil test for 5210 or a Tynedale Links scania was getting branded but we do not know why this was on could somebody help me with this theory
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(06 Feb 2014, 7:20 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote BREAKING NEWS! 6101 has a Tacho fitted. It must be incase any TTX Gemini's are VOR for a long period!

One of the TEN B9s also has a Tacho - 6071. Guess it makes sense to have them fitted as a contingency plan.

(06 Feb 2014, 7:26 pm)Bazza Houston wrote 5229 was on 74 was presumbly either for a crew famil test for 5210 or a Tynedale Links scania was getting branded but we do not know why this was on could somebody help me with this theory

Maybe just an MPD shortage?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Feb 2014, 7:20 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote BREAKING NEWS! 6101 has a Tacho fitted. It must be incase any TTX Gemini's are VOR for a long period!

Riverside have plenty of spare buses with tachographs so I highly doubt that its for that reason!
(06 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm)Dan wrote This is 5250.

And it's now reported on Facebook that 5253 has appeared on the 8 this evening in Chester-Le-Street.
(06 Feb 2014, 7:29 pm)aureolin wrote One of the TEN B9s also has a Tacho - 6071. Guess it makes sense to have them fitted as a contingency plan.

Maybe just an MPD shortage?

or could be covering for 8293 which is that unique bus or possibly 8228 or as you said an MPD shortage
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(06 Feb 2014, 4:02 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote One of them was on the 15:25 X31 from Lanchester

A photograph is below:
[Image: 12350310835_4e9e63e89a_z.jpg]

I have updated NEB's fleetlists to show 5250/5253 now at Stanley depot.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(06 Feb 2014, 8:43 pm)Dan wrote A photograph is below:

We not expecting these to be branded are we? Mind GNE need to find a suitable fleet livery as the red buses (particularly the new 'spare' Geminis) look very bland and plain.
(06 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Can I use me south tyneside saver to get too nook on 35 coz I only use it in boldon jarrow and shields town cenrte thanks

Indeed you can.

Normally 1 from each new batch does come with a tacho. I even think 8294 is fitted with one and I think a Citylink Versa has one as well.
(06 Feb 2014, 10:23 pm)citaro5284 wrote Normally 1 from each new batch does come with a tacho. I even think 8294 is fitted with one and I think a Citylink Versa has one as well.

As I understand it, routes that exceed 50 km require the use of a tachograph.
What does the driver do when they subsequently run a route that doesn't require a tachograph (and might not have a tachograph fitted)? How do they account for their hours during the rest of the working week?
(06 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm)G-CPTN wrote As I understand it, routes that exceed 50 km require the use of a tachograph.
What does the driver do when they subsequently run a route that doesn't require a tachograph (and might not have a tachograph fitted)? How do they account for their hours during the rest of the working week?

They need to record any driving they do on their tacho cards the next time they insert their card into a digital tachograph, or record it on the back of an analogue tachograph if they have used one on that day. Then all of this gets downloaded directly to the company GNE use (TMS Analysis) who check drivers hours, bus hours, etc. Always best whenever possible to keep EU work separate from Domestic.
Thank-you.

And how can splitting a route (with or without a change of route number) without a change of vehicle avoid the need to use a tachograph?

I'm thinking of the Newcastle-Carlisle route 685.

Stagecoach 'changes' at Brampton whilst Arriva 'changes' at Haydon Bridge.

Passengers are through-ticketed and there is no change of vehicle - merely an alteration of the destination blind. Huh

(or is this impossible to explain?)
(06 Feb 2014, 11:30 pm)G-CPTN wrote Thank-you.

And how can splitting a route (with or without a change of route number) without a change of vehicle avoid the need to use a tachograph?

I'm thinking of the Newcastle-Carlisle route 685.

Stagecoach 'changes' at Brampton whilst Arriva 'changes' at Haydon Bridge.

Passengers are through-ticketed and there is no change of vehicle - merely an alteration of the destination blind. Huh

(or is this impossible to explain?)

Quite simple to explain, the route will be registered in 2 sections (Newcastle to Brampton/Haydon Bridge and Brampton/Haydon Bridge to Carlise). No part of the route then exceeds the 50km rule.
(07 Feb 2014, 6:17 am)citaro5284 wrote Quite simple to explain, the route will be registered in 2 sections (Newcastle to Brampton/Haydon Bridge and Brampton/Haydon Bridge to Carlise). No part of the route then exceeds the 50km rule.

Simple but effective loophole in the eu rules, same bus, same driver. Legal but is it morally legal?
(06 Feb 2014, 8:43 pm)Dan wrote A photograph is below:

This is stupid! Omnicities worked the X30/31/70 when the West Durham Swift was launched. GNE always focused on brand awareness modelling themselves on Trent Barton! I cannot for the life of me think how much money has been wasted in branding/de-branding and simply abandoning this route to nothing.
(07 Feb 2014, 7:19 am)Coastliner700 wrote This is stupid! Omnicities worked the X30/31/70 when the West Durham Swift was launched. GNE always focused on brand awareness modelling themselves on Trent Barton! I cannot for the life of me think how much money has been wasted in branding/de-branding and simply abandoning this route to nothing.

But if it does not make the money.......
Site Administrator
The transfer of OmniCitys 5250 and 5253 allows Renowns 4912/4913 to transfer to Percy Main. This transfer has now taken place, and SPDs 8239/41 should be withdrawn as a result.
(07 Feb 2014, 7:47 am)Dan wrote The transfer of OmniCitys 5250 and 5253 allows Renowns 4912/4913 to transfer to Percy Main. This transfer has now taken place, and SPDs 8239/41 should be withdrawn as a result.

Why couldn't 4912 just transfer over because Percy Man already have 4911 that won't be required. Or will it stay in that livery and continue to be a spare for the ''Cobalt Connect''?
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2014, 7:51 am)Tom wrote Why couldn't 4912 just transfer over because Percy Man already have 4911 that won't be required. Or will it stay in that livery and continue to be a spare for the ''Cobalt Connect''?

Like for like replacements.
Percy Main's allocated spare percentage will not change this way.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 Feb 2014, 6:17 am)citaro5284 wrote Quite simple to explain, the route will be registered in 2 sections (Newcastle to Brampton/Haydon Bridge and Brampton/Haydon Bridge to Carlise). No part of the route then exceeds the 50km rule.

Isn't that how Arriva do it with the X1/X2, splitting the route in Durham
(07 Feb 2014, 9:08 am)fozzovmurton wrote Isn't that how Arriva do it with the X1/X2, splitting the route in Durham

It is indeed, and the 5/X5 at Loftus.
GNE do exactly the same thing by splitting the X7 at Peterlee.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect