You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Upcoming Repaints
(24 Aug 2023, 12:39 pm)Storx wrote If the Solo's are going on the 335/351/359, they could be gone in a year. They're all subsidised services and GCT, always likes a good service in North Tyneside.

Sorry, what’s GCT? 
And what difference does it make if they’re subsidised?
(24 Aug 2023, 12:55 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Sorry, what’s GCT? 
And what difference does it make if they’re subsidised?

Gateshead Central Taxis sorry. They're tendered services, so if they lose the tender then the Solo's will be routeless again.
(24 Aug 2023, 12:56 pm)Storx wrote Gateshead Central Taxis sorry. They're tendered services, so if they lose the tender then the Solo's will be routeless again.

Ah gotcha, so even more reason not to paint them into ex-Orbit purple then (if they are allocated to tendered services).
(24 Aug 2023, 1:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Ah gotcha, so even more reason not to paint them into ex-Orbit purple then (if they are allocated to tendered services).

Yeah just end up with another Little Coaster scenario for the second time up here bar that was them cancelling the routes instead.

Edit: Just had a look and the tender is only until March 2024 to get it in line with the other's so could be even less time.
(24 Aug 2023, 1:48 pm)Storx wrote Yeah just end up with another Little Coaster scenario for the second time up here bar that was them cancelling the routes instead.

Edit: Just had a look and the tender is only until March 2024 to get it in line with the other's so could be even less time.

Idea in March if it comes to it. Merge the 335/359 into one route. Pointless having two routes that interwork that one finish at and the other starts. Why can't it just be Hadrian Park to Whitley Bay instead of Whitley Bay to Killingworth & Killingworth to Hadrian Park. Just my opinion
(24 Aug 2023, 3:00 pm)Busu284 wrote Idea in March if it comes to it. Merge the 335/359 into one route. Pointless having two routes that interwork that one finish at and the other starts. Why can't it just be Hadrian Park to Whitley Bay instead of Whitley Bay to Killingworth & Killingworth to Hadrian Park. Just my opinion

Not the worst idea to be fair. Guessing it was to not confuse the hell out of people in the Murton area.

Mind it'll be interesting to see if the W2 survives, considering it duplicates the 351 for most of it and there's absolutely no need for 3 buses an hour subsidised there.
This is where i think Nexus Red and Grey should return so GNE could do their take on it and and add their roadstripes to it and maybe have GNE then in partnership with NEXUS
Kind Regards
Tez
(24 Aug 2023, 3:08 pm)Storx wrote Not the worst idea to be fair. Guessing it was to not confuse the hell out of people in the Murton area.

Mind it'll be interesting to see if the W2 survives, considering it duplicates the 351 for most of it and there's absolutely no need for 3 buses an hour subsidised there.

The W2 is a weird one, like you say almost entirely duplicated by the 51 soon to be 351 - either everyone in Brierdene estate uses the bus or there's some other reason why it continues to survive.
(24 Aug 2023, 7:31 pm)peter wrote The W2 is a weird one, like you say almost entirely duplicated by the 51 soon to be 351 - either everyone in Brierdene estate uses the bus or there's some other reason why it continues to survive.

Politics pretty much, every time they try and cancel it the local MP / councillors all kick off and it's the sort of place that would turn blue if things went wrong. Mind they might have a chance now as only a complete idiot would vote Tory next election.

See: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...e-26180915 for the last time they attempted it.
(25 Aug 2023, 5:16 pm)Retro Nero wrote 701 correct!!

Is this the first time we've seen a route upgraded straight from minibus to decker?  Can't recall (m)any others apart from perhaps around major frequency reductions when minis were being phased out by Busways (though I think that was largely either services axed or converted to mini/single not double deck)
(25 Aug 2023, 6:27 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Is this the first time we've seen a route upgraded straight from minibus to decker?  Can't recall (m)any others apart from perhaps around major frequency reductions when minis were being phased out by Busways (though I think that was largely either services axed or converted to mini/single not double deck)

technically the V9 got upgraded to deckers with the route becoming the 47/47A
Don't know if you would count that
(25 Aug 2023, 11:56 am)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [Image: AA1D222A-1DA7-489F-A1C7-8ECFB2E04B5A.png]

Looks like 6161 will be the 2nd one, makes sense, its in East Gateshead Loop, as 6162 is GNE livery.

Wonder if Deptford will also gain a extra decker as a spare.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Aug 2023, 6:27 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Is this the first time we've seen a route upgraded straight from minibus to decker?  Can't recall (m)any others apart from perhaps around major frequency reductions when minis were being phased out by Busways (though I think that was largely either services axed or converted to mini/single not double deck)

10/11/12 (57/57A) - Arriva

They were when they dropped from every 20 minutes to every 30 minute using the Palentines on the 56 as they interworked with it.

Ironically it went full reverse and went back to them straight from Deckers pretty much. I don't believe it's the first time either as it used to be deckers with Hunters aswell.
(25 Aug 2023, 7:49 pm)Michael wrote Looks like 6161 will be the 2nd one, makes sense, its in East Gateshead Loop, as 6162 is GNE livery.

Wonder if Deptford will also gain a extra decker as a spare.
So how many are being painted 2 or 3? Deptford need a few extra spares I think.
(25 Aug 2023, 8:49 pm)Unber43 wrote So how many are being painted 2 or 3? Deptford need a few extra spares I think.

2, as the 701 will have a PVR of 2 but Deptford may gain another spare decker, just incase one of the branded ones is off service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Aug 2023, 10:15 pm)Michael wrote 2, as the 701 will have a PVR of 2 but Deptford may gain another spare decker, just incase one of the branded ones is off service.

Shame the 700 is going down to every 30 mins at a PVR of 1, which means there is another stand at Park Lane going to be empty Stand G, I must say I dont think this change will be positively received as the queues for the 700 can get quite big at Park Lane during the day
(25 Aug 2023, 10:32 pm)Unber43 wrote Shame the 700 is going down to every 30 mins at a PVR of 1, which means there is another stand at Park Lane going to be empty Stand G, I must say I dont think this change will be positively received as the queues for the 700 can get quite big at Park Lane during the day

How frequent is the 701 going to be does anyone know? And what’s the route? I don’t think the 700 needs to be more than every 15 mins during the day, but really I think the morning peak say 8am - 9am needs to be every 15 minutes, otherwise I do think they may struggle. Especially as this route will be the one that’s a solo still.
(25 Aug 2023, 10:32 pm)Unber43 wrote Shame the 700 is going down to every 30 mins at a PVR of 1, which means there is another stand at Park Lane going to be empty Stand G, I must say I dont think this change will be positively received as the queues for the 700 can get quite big at Park Lane during the day

Wont the pvr of the 700 be 2, even stirling moss couldn't do the full 700 loop around clanny house and st peters in 30 mins, the park lane - clanny house - park lane takes nearly 30 mins itself
(26 Aug 2023, 9:04 am)N1cholas wrote Wont the pvr of the 700 be 2, even stirling moss couldn't do the full 700 loop around clanny house and st peters in 30 mins, the park lane - clanny house - park lane takes nearly 30 mins itself

The 700 will only run between Park Lane Interchange and St Peter’s from the 11th September
(25 Aug 2023, 11:46 pm)Drifter60 wrote How frequent is the 701 going to be does anyone know? And what’s the route? I don’t think the 700 needs to be more than every 15 mins during the day, but really I think the morning peak say 8am - 9am needs to be every 15 minutes, otherwise I do think they may struggle. Especially as this route will be the one that’s a solo still.
701 every 15 mins, it would be nice for the 700 to go to atleast every 20 mins.
(26 Aug 2023, 10:22 am)Unber43 wrote 701 every 15 mins, it would be nice for the 700 to go to atleast every 20 mins.

With the 701 running from City Centre to St Peters as well (albeit St Marys not the Interchange) thats 6 buses an hour with a massive capacity increase as well.  Presumably the thinking is that the 701 will more than fill the gap from the frequency reduction on the 700 esp as the 701 is going to be the Chester Road/Hospital/Clanny House link now rather than the 700?
(26 Aug 2023, 10:43 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote With the 701 running from City Centre to St Peters as well (albeit St Marys not the Interchange) thats 6 buses an hour with a massive capacity increase as well.  Presumably the thinking is that the 701 will more than fill the gap from the frequency reduction on the 700 esp as the 701 is going to be the Chester Road/Hospital/Clanny House link now rather than the 700?

Both of them should be every 20 mins, as a lot of people get the bus on/off at Park Lane
(26 Aug 2023, 10:47 am)Unber43 wrote Both of them should be every 20 mins, as a lot of people get the bus on/off at Park Lane

Are most of those people going to St Peters though?  Or up Chester Road?  Running the 700 every 20 mins won't help if it's the latter, or indeed a mixture.
I might be missing the point but isn't the point of the 701 to serve Clanny House (Student Accomodation) and the two city campus' rather than for the general public where both services are generally a waste of time.

I don't really see the need for the 700 at all personally and no wonder it's less frequent. I'm assuming it's to connect Park Lane to St Peter's since you can walk to the city campus from there.