You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Repaints into 2019 fleet livery

Site Administrator
(21 Apr 2023, 11:34 am)Busu284 wrote https://flic.kr/p/2ouJaye 6203 to receive the 2019 fleet livery and start its journeys at Percy Main. I do wonder how many London Gemini will turn up at Percy Main just to move to another depot

Percy Main have undertaken the MOT preparation on a number of the ones which were not destined for them.

Two were also temporarily allocated to Percy Main for the Metro Replacement between Airport and South Gosforth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been trying to work out what the new logo and forced addition of 'Part of GoAhead' reminded me of, and it's just come to me.

Back when ASDA were owned by Walmart, they insisted on including 'Part of the Walmart Family' on store branding, and eventually added part of the Walmart logo into the ASDA logo.

Unsurprisingly, they ended up binning that off (well before they were sold), presumably because customers didn't like shopping at a store owned by such a massive conglomerate!

I wonder whether, especially with all of the negative press with the Go Ahead brand over the last few years, a similar fate will happen here.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
I wonder how long 6337 is going to stay in silver/purple? I notice its mainly confined to schools atm, I'm guessing it's for something other than a non corporate colour scheme, but wondering if there are any plans to paint it into fleet livery?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
RE: Repaints into 2019 fleet livery
Having seen it up close presumably fresh out the shop, a repainted (refurbished?) E400 does look very smart in corporate livery. On the downside, it is a reminder that GNE is no longer really a trailblazer or even very ambitious, they are just an ordinary bus company. The most common type of decker in a very ordinary base colour. The stripes do work, being the perfect width and shape to act as relief and a unique identifier. Sadly you cannot ever really say that identity isn't straight up corporate in nature. Which is so odd, given other companies in the group have really tried to go the more traditional, local, dare I say bland route. Bland is good, if your ambition is lacking.
(13 Oct 2023, 3:35 pm)54APhotography wrote Or 2023 fleet livery ?

Hmm dunno. The fleet/corporate livery itself hasn't changed. Is the logo part of the livery, or just applied to the livery? (Genuine question).

(06 Nov 2023, 10:51 pm)Unber43 wrote So the blue front is permenant, whether its a sticker or painted must depend on the bus

Sad

Anyone know if Saltmeadows staff are still working e.g repainting, applying new logos, removing outdated posters and outdated branding?
(27 Nov 2023, 8:38 pm)Tiger5105 wrote Unidentified B9 at Consett tonight, minus roadstripes[Image: 3404b460f675953cf4ff2fc9863f95f3.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Presumably one of those that was loaned to Manchester returned after repaint