You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: 1452 - NK10 CFV
(20 Jan 2024, 2:34 pm)Mike_98 wrote Tell me about it. I swear Redcar is just cursed. Never seem to have any luck go their way. Or maybe the Pulsars getting older can't handle the challenging routes. If they do start to get replacements for some broken temsas, I would imagine it would be random pulsars from anywhere and everywhere. Redcar is just an Old Bus dumping spot now. Would be nice to see more of these Enviro 300's Stockton apparently has got. Personally I would say bring back the Lites. Don't care what anyone says. They definitely were reliable at Redcar. (Except 1)

the lites were constantly braking down there where just as bad 
(20 Jan 2024, 2:34 pm)Mike_98 wrote Tell me about it. I swear Redcar is just cursed. Never seem to have any luck go their way. Or maybe the Pulsars getting older can't handle the challenging routes. If they do start to get replacements for some broken temsas, I would imagine it would be random pulsars from anywhere and everywhere. Redcar is just an Old Bus dumping spot now. Would be nice to see more of these Enviro 300's Stockton apparently has got. Personally I would say bring back the Lites. Don't care what anyone says. They definitely were reliable at Redcar. (Except 1)
In agreement why not send the lites to Redcar to displace some of the aging fleet. 

Servious investment is needed. Always further north rather than teesside and county Durham.
(20 Jan 2024, 2:15 pm)megansmith wrote  well Stockton maintance  isn't great

Redcar have been incapable of maintaining a fleet for years, it's well known at this point. 

The amount of times last summer that the B9s and B7s were evidently patched up and sent to die on yet another X94 board was too many to count. It's pretty clear that the engineering department have a mentality of not fixing anything properly first time around.
(20 Jan 2024, 4:35 pm)Ryland wrote In agreement why not send the lites to Redcar to displace some of the aging fleet. 

Servious investment is needed. Always further north rather than teesside and county Durham.

Yep, Even though I would love the Lites back, it won't be happening anytime soon because they only just swapped over to Stockton because they have an Ex Wrightbus Engineer over there. I'm surprised Darlington or Durham haven't been made to swap their Lites for the other Stockton Pulsars but Redcar have been. Even though Redcar have the worst fleet. Very Strange.
1452 - NK10 CFV
Stockton only has Pulsars & Streetlites we deserve to have something decent for a change instead of just having Pulsars & Streetlites so would be better to give Darlington 7 pulsars so Stockton have 7 E300s then Stockton have buses to enjoy driving instead of having Pulsars & Streetlites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20 Jan 2024, 7:19 pm)Spottybus wrote Stockton only has Pulsars & Streetlites we deserve to have something decent for a change instead of just having Pulsars & Streetlites so would be better to give Darlington 7 pulsars so Stockton have 7 E300s then Stockton have buses to enjoy driving instead of having Pulsars & Streetlites

Stockton have 5 E300's from Arriva North West, Redcar have 2. I just don't think Stockton's are ready for service as they haven't been seen yet. But Stockton / Middlesbrough need to look forwards, as if a low emissions zone / clean air zone comes to the area, their fleet won't be ready for it. Also Lites are perfect for Stockton Depot as they work perfectly for the 7/8/9/15/17/29 maybe the 28 and 28A aswell. However, I do agree Pulsars are still needed for the 5/5A/X66 and X67 In my opinion. The lites are really good for Town Running Operations.
(20 Jan 2024, 7:19 pm)Spottybus wrote Stockton only has Pulsars & Streetlites we deserve to have something decent for a change instead of just having Pulsars & Streetlites so would be better to give Darlington 7 pulsars so Stockton have 7 E300s then Stockton have buses to enjoy driving instead of having Pulsars & Streetlites

I'm not sure whether you work for Stockton, but I can't imagine Stockton would be over the moon in having the battered E300's. Durham, from what I've heard, were over the moon to get arid of them there and they were newer aswell.

I don't know what these E300's are for because Darlington doesn't need anymore buses but I wouldn't be surprised to see them displace stuff North for the 57/57A/777 at Ashington to finally see off the Solo's which are becoming an issue as an understatement, there's been talk about them getting withdrawn for weeks now and something needs to come up from somewhere and it can't be Pulsar's either as they're not Euro 6, which would be an operational nightmare.
1452 - NK10 CFV
(20 Jan 2024, 8:02 pm)Mike_98 wrote Stockton have 5 E300's from Arriva North West, Redcar have 2. I just don't think Stockton's are ready for service as they haven't been seen yet. But Stockton / Middlesbrough need to look forwards, as if a low emissions zone / clean air zone comes to the area, their fleet won't be ready for it. Also Lites are perfect for Stockton Depot as they work perfectly for the 7/8/9/15/17/29 maybe the 28 and 28A aswell. However, I do agree Pulsars are still needed for the 5/5A/X66 and X67 In my opinion. The lites are really good for Town Running Operations.

Stocktons ones won’t even enter service before they all move to Darlington but truth is tho Stockton deserves to keep the E300s & send 7 pulsars to Darlington from Stockton

(20 Jan 2024, 8:06 pm)Spottybus wrote Stocktons ones won’t even enter service before they all move to Darlington but truth is tho Stockton deserves to keep the E300s & send 7 pulsars to Darlington from Stockton

You would really want 58 plate E300's over Pulsars? I love Pulsars, nothing wrong with them in my opinion.
1452 - NK10 CFV
I didn’t say that I don’t like Pulsars, I’m saying that the reason why I think it be better to give Darlington 7 pulsars from Stockton because the pulsars will probably last longer than the E300s at Darlington then the E300s at Stockton can go on locals while the Streetlites can go on longer routes that’s why they’re having work done to them to make them more reliable.

(23 Jan 2024, 5:29 am)Spottybus wrote I didn’t say that I don’t like Pulsars, I’m saying that the reason why I think it be better to give Darlington 7 pulsars from Stockton because the pulsars will probably last longer than the E300s at Darlington then the E300s at Stockton can go on locals while the Streetlites can go on longer routes that’s why they’re having work done to them to make them more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk-**

transfer Darlington litres to Stockton 
1452 - NK10 CFV
Why would Stockton get 1602-1614 for, it would be easier to give Darlington 7 pulsars from Stockton so the pulsars can last longer at Darlington then Stockton can have the 7 E300s on locals while the Streetlites 1550-1573 can just go on anything because they are getting work done to them to make them more reliable even tho 1550-1559 have already been done

(23 Jan 2024, 7:44 pm)Spottybus wrote Why would Stockton get 1602-1614 for, it would be easier to give Darlington 7 pulsars from Stockton so the pulsars can last longer at Darlington then Stockton can have the 7 E300s on locals while the Streetlites 1550-1573 can just go on anything because they are getting work done to them to make them more reliable even tho 1550-1559 have already been done

I don't know where the buses are going but surely this would be better:

2/2A: Enviro 300's
1/2/57/57A (Ashington): 1584 - 1589 with the rest of the batch
Pulsars stay at Stockton
2841/2852-2854/2859: Withdrawn

New business case in for the replacement of the E300's, which technically have replaced the gas buses, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if these are part of the Tees Valley ZEBRA 2 bid but it hasn't been leaked yet, I know it's one of the 9 priority corridors according to: https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/travel/wp-c...c-22-5.pdf.

Also to note all the old crap also going to Redcar, is the 63 or X2/X3/X4 another route? They're 2 of the other priority corridors.

The Solo's are a complete nuisance that Darlington dumped up here, as an understatement, with constant breakdowns.
(23 Jan 2024, 8:02 pm)Storx wrote I don't know where the buses are going but surely this would be better:

2/2A: Enviro 300's
1/2/57/57A (Ashington): 1584 - 1589 with the rest of the batch
Pulsars stay at Stockton
2841/2852-2854/2859: Withdrawn

New business case in for the replacement of the E300's, which technically have replaced the gas buses, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if these are part of the Tees Valley ZEBRA 2 bid but it hasn't been leaked yet, I know it's one of the 9 priority corridors according to: https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/travel/wp-c...c-22-5.pdf.

Also to note all the old crap also going to Redcar, is the 63 or X2/X3/X4 another route? They're 2 of the other priority corridors.

The Solo's are a complete nuisance that Darlington dumped up here, as an understatement, with constant breakdowns.

To be fair that seems like a good idea but I would say send the Solos to Redcar instead of withdrawing them as they will be handy for any Repairs that Whitby’s current 3 and Redcar 1 need. Maybe even use in service for a while or as spares as Redcar have 0 spares right now. At the moment it’s actually the Pulsars having problems and the Temsas are keeping Redcar going. But them solos would be soo useful for them right now. Redcars 2 E300s ain’t to bad either atm.
(23 Jan 2024, 7:44 pm)Spottybus wrote Why would Stockton get 1602-1614 for, it would be easier to give Darlington 7 pulsars from Stockton so the pulsars can last longer at Darlington then Stockton can have the 7 E300s on locals while the Streetlites 1550-1573 can just go on anything because they are getting work done to them to make them more reliable even tho 1550-1559 have already been done

it would be better if Stockton was just  streetlites from Darlington and Durham then cast the pulsars off to Darlington Durham 

(23 Jan 2024, 9:14 pm)Mike_98 wrote To be fair that seems like a good idea but I would say send the Solos to Redcar instead of withdrawing them as they will be handy for any Repairs that Whitby’s current 3 and Redcar 1 need. Maybe even use in service for a while or as spares as Redcar have 0 spares right now. At the moment it’s actually the Pulsars having problems and the Temsas are keeping Redcar going. But them solos would be soo useful for them right now. Redcars 2 E300s ain’t to bad either atm.

i agree with the other two e300 been at Redcar I 100%  agree there