You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(07 Feb 2024, 12:13 am)glen wrote Stagecoach Stockton have get upgraded for  36,37,38 I have read on page 118

"The 36/37/38 seem to get upgraded every 5 year with new buses in 2009, 2014, 2019 so I would guess it’s very likely if they successful at least some of them will be used on them. That would certainly see off the enviro 300 and man 18.220s."

Was it this statement your basing that on?
(07 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm)toward6931 wrote "The 36/37/38 seem to get upgraded every 5 year with new buses in 2009, 2014, 2019 so I would guess it’s very likely if they successful at least some of them will be used on them. That would certainly see off the enviro 300 and man 18.220s."

Was it this statement your basing that on?

Just to point out I am only assuming that the 36/37/38 will be getting new as it been the case every 5 year not that they definitely are.
(07 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm)glen wrote If there do get new buses well get double dockers this time do you think? If get new buses?

I’d be very surprised but they’ll have gone in for a bid for electric buses - single decks I would imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

I think stagecoach Stockton should get new mow because stagecoach Newcastle have taken a lot of 64 and 65 reg E300 from stagecoach Stockton because of new clean air zones that way sorry it later mate
(10 Feb 2024, 2:57 am)glen wrote I think stagecoach Stockton should get new mow because stagecoach Newcastle  have taken a lot of 64 and 65 reg E300  from  stagecoach Stockton  because of new clean air zones that way  sorry it later mate
Youve said this more often than not
(07 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm)glen wrote If there do get new buses well get double dockers this time do you think? If get new buses?

Ideally Stockton should get more double deckers at least for the majority of 36/37/38 services they might be a case for peak time 35s and some service 12 journeys as well.  However if the new electric buses do come they will very likely be single deckers.   That then in theory pushes the MMCs on to other routes you could then possibly send the remaining Man 18.220 to Hartlepool to solve the issue of lack of buses with maybe a few of the 27s which should help for a year or 2. 
 In the meantime though really the Cleveland Transit side of things should really step up on what cascades become available with single decks for Hartlepool ( would love deckers back in the town as think certain 6/7 journeys could do with them but I know it’s not realistic). and deckers for Stockton.
(12 Feb 2024, 11:30 am)Coastliner700 wrote It’s strange to think Stagecoach are the only operator that doesn’t have barcode scanners attached to the machines! Any plans to do this as they’re the only company that don’t even GCT has them.

Drivers keep requesting them. In a Q&A thing with one of the directors (this was back end of last year), they apparently (this is second hand info as I was driving at the time so maybe take it with a bit of salt) said they'd looked into it but said the current machines would be obsolete within 18 months so wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm assuming that means they're holding off due to possible uncertainty over franchising.
(12 Feb 2024, 1:02 pm)F114TML wrote Drivers keep requesting them. In a Q&A thing with one of the directors (this was back end of last year), they apparently (this is second hand info as I was driving at the time so maybe take it with a bit of salt) said they'd looked into it but said the current machines would be obsolete within 18 months so wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm assuming that means they're holding off due to possible uncertainty over franchising.

It would make sense and I guess the app tickers suggest they want to implement them guess it’s just a wait and see situation
(12 Feb 2024, 1:02 pm)F114TML wrote Drivers keep requesting them. In a Q&A thing with one of the directors (this was back end of last year), they apparently (this is second hand info as I was driving at the time so maybe take it with a bit of salt) said they'd looked into it but said the current machines would be obsolete within 18 months so wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm assuming that means they're holding off due to possible uncertainty over franchising.

Sure I saw something about QR scanners being added to the Vix machines but maybe it was another region starting it off?!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 Feb 2024, 6:52 pm)tyresmoke wrote Sure I saw something about QR scanners being added to the Vix machines but maybe it was another region starting it off?!

I have heard it's technically possible (although there's nothing on Vix's site when I last checked). Not sure how it'd work with Ticketer.
Anyone know what the status is of 19430, 27507, 35188 and 35231 – all been off since Dec/Jan?

Also is 19389 still in the North East?

Seem to have missed 27729 coming off as well – not been used since the summer if bustimes is to be believed (Harry’s photos on flickr would seem to confirm it was lacking a few bits in Oct). Anyone know what’s up with it?
How ? E400 from stagecoach Newcastle depot have go now? I seen photos of them in Manchester and East Midlands I think?
I'm on 39731 and it sounds horrendous, sluggish and the ride is terrible, I heard it well before it arrived at my stop.

When will these last 2 MANviro's finally go?
(13 Feb 2024, 11:07 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Seem to have missed 27729 coming off as well – not been used since the summer if bustimes is to be believed (Harry’s photos on flickr would seem to confirm it was lacking a few bits in Oct).  Anyone know what’s up with it?
That was a mistrack. 729's been VOR way longer than that waiting for a new engine (which I believe it now has)
(13 Feb 2024, 11:07 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Anyone know what the status is of 19430, 27507, 35188 and 35231 – all been off since Dec/Jan?

Also is 19389 still in the North East?

Seem to have missed 27729 coming off as well – not been used since the summer if bustimes is to be believed (Harry’s photos on flickr would seem to confirm it was lacking a few bits in Oct). Anyone know what’s up with it?

35188 is currently in the process of getting a new engine.

(14 Feb 2024, 6:20 am)Michael wrote I'm on 39731 and it sounds horrendous, sluggish and the ride is terrible, I heard it well before it arrived at my stop.

When will these last 2 MANviro's finally go?

39730 isn't too bad its certainly the better one of the two though. 39731 seems to be worse since it returned from its trip to Stockton and Hartlepool.
(12 Feb 2024, 8:46 pm)F114TML wrote I have heard it's technically possible (although there's nothing on Vix's site when I last checked). Not sure how it'd work with Ticketer.

They’re getting on now! But I’d imagine the QR has to come. Then again if it’s not broken don’t fix it.
(14 Feb 2024, 7:18 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote 39730 isn't too bad its certainly the better one of the two though. 39731 seems to be worse since it returned from its trip to Stockton and Hartlepool.

There's a surprise.

731 was always the quicker of the two so surprised it's being described as sluggish. Tbh almost all the 39s are quicker than most 36s if you drive them right.
(15 Feb 2024, 10:22 am)F114TML wrote There's a surprise.

731 was always the quicker of the two so surprised it's being described as sluggish. Tbh almost all the 39s are quicker than most 36s if you drive them right.

I haven't been on it since it returned but it sounds terrible now. Still prefer them to the 36s though
(15 Feb 2024, 4:54 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote I haven't been on it since it returned but it sounds terrible now. Still prefer them to the 36s though
So do I. Only real gripe is the small cab and the retarder.