You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
Bus incidents
(25 Jan 2024, 9:56 am)Andreos1 wrote Ohh Oh No No WHAT WHAT WHAT 

Apparently their wing mirror fell off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: Bus incidents
(05 Feb 2024, 12:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://www.facebook.com/share/r/GXfdAs92mtu8okq1/

This just appeared on my fb reels.

I'd have more sympathy if drivers were as quick to hit the brakes as they were to hit the horn.

I always get a bit sceptical when people cut/trim the video size down, as it's usually to hide something (e.g. the speed). It wasn't safe for the bus to pull out, from what we can see, but you could see from a country mile away that it was going to happen by the road positioning.

I hope it's not our very own BIG MICK!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Feb 2024, 1:07 pm)Adrian wrote I'd have more sympathy if drivers were as quick to hit the brakes as they were to hit the horn.

I always get a bit sceptical when people cut/trim the video size down, as it's usually to hide something (e.g. the speed). It wasn't safe for the bus to pull out, from what we can see, but you could see from a country mile away that it was going to happen by the road positioning.

I hope it's not our very own BIG MICK!

Yeah, there's always the bigger picture with these things. 

But what does seem clear, was that the bus was trying to enter the main road even when the car ahead was passing.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(05 Feb 2024, 6:45 pm)deanmachine wrote Great bit of video editing to crop out the 20 signs on the road there. I'm pretty sure that's going past Last Orders in Red House, maybe the bus driver assumed he could get out if the driver was doing 20 instead of 40?

I'd thought the same as you. Looks like the junction just opposite there.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Yes, that is the junction opposite the last orders.

Driver still should've held back but even so that road is a 20, although it is an old clip, not sure when it was knocked down to 20.

Having said this, it's nice to see the bus driver getting support for once in the comments.
5368 at Concord bus station, the driver-side mirror collided with something, causing it to fold inwards and smash slightly. The glass came out and the mirror can/frame bit hit against the side glass next to the driver cause it to have crack lines.
Site Administrator
Bus incidents
(10 Feb 2024, 3:28 pm)nova347 wrote 5368 at Concord bus station, the driver-side mirror collided with something, causing it to fold inwards and smash slightly. The glass came out and the mirror can/frame bit hit against the side glass next to the driver cause it to have crack lines.

Not another case of #missingwingmirrors - was there a purple Scania nearby?

(10 Feb 2024, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote Not another case of #missingwingmirrors - was there a purple Scania nearby?

Waiting for Dan to confirm his new role is at Wrightbus

Head of Wing Mirror Resilience 

Possibly the only job he hasn’t been linked to yet, the alan curbishley (Ask your parents kids) /jose mourinho of the Regional bus world
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(10 Feb 2024, 9:57 pm)Ambassador wrote Waiting for Dan to confirm his new role is at Wrightbus

Head of Wing Mirror Resilience 

Possibly the only job he hasn’t been linked to yet, the alan curbishley (Ask your parents kids) /jose mourinho of the Regional bus world

But what are the odds on our very own Daniel moving away from the bus industry and in to the rail industry? 

Less wing mirrors to deal with there.
Site Administrator
Bus incidents
(12 Feb 2024, 12:33 pm)Andreos1 wrote But what are the odds on our very own Daniel moving away from the bus industry and in to the rail industry? 

Less wing mirrors to deal with there.

I’m told there’s a sweepstake - pound a guess, if you’re interested.

Current favourites in the bus industry bookies are Lothian, First Group/York Pullman and Lumo, if you’re interested!

(12 Feb 2024, 12:50 pm)Dan wrote I’m told there’s a sweepstake - pound a guess, if you’re interested.

Current favourites in the bus industry bookies are Lothian, First Group/York Pullman and Lumo, if you’re interested!

Let me be the first to inform you that your application to become General IT Person of Gateshead Central Taxis (Bus Division) has been successful.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
(13 Feb 2024, 4:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Let me be the first to inform you that your application to become General IT Person of Gateshead Central Taxis (Bus Division) has been successful.

Any guarantees on the newness of their IT equipment?
Hopefully as modern as the bus fleet!

(12 Feb 2024, 12:50 pm)Dan wrote I’m told there’s a sweepstake - pound a guess, if you’re interested.

Lumo does tick a few obvious boxes mind.
Theres the chance to be re-united with MG.
You can flirt with a certain copy and paste expert. 
Stay part of the 10 percent club clique too. 

But... You love buses. And we've seen the interview where you admit you love buses. 

I'm torn Daniel. Totally torn.
(13 Feb 2024, 11:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote Any guarantees on the newness of their IT equipment?
Hopefully as modern as the bus fleet!

You'd need to ask the IT persons at the Ivory Towers of Sort Out the Metro Facebook Page for an update as to the relative newness of technology available to bus operators in the region.

(14 Feb 2024, 12:45 pm)MurdnunoC wrote You'd need to ask the IT persons at the Ivory Towers of Sort Out the Metro Facebook Page for an update as to the relative newness of technology available to bus operators in the region.

Asked them once and they told me to get off the metro.
(16 Feb 2024, 12:05 pm)Spottybus wrote Any idea on what bus it was

Since Arriva are the dominant operator in that area, the bus will probably be a blueish coloured one.

(16 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Since Arriva are the dominant operator in that area, the bus will probably be a blueish coloured one.

Could be a white one with multiple colours. Cos SNE also operate in that area too. 
Or, depending which slip it was, it could be the X10.
(deliberately didn't try to say the colour of the GNE vehicle, well cos it could be anything!)
(16 Feb 2024, 12:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote Could be a white one with multiple colours. Cos SNE also operate in that area too. 
Or, depending which slip it was, it could be the X10.
(deliberately didn't try to say the colour of the GNE vehicle, well cos it could be anything!)
All pertinent points, well made and thought provoking as always.

(16 Feb 2024, 12:25 pm)MurdnunoC wrote All pertinent points, well made and thought provoking as always.

Ta.
(13 Feb 2024, 11:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote Lumo does tick a few obvious boxes mind.
Theres the chance to be re-united with MG.
You can flirt with a certain copy and paste expert. 
Stay part of the 10 percent club clique too. 

But... You love buses. And we've seen the interview where you admit you love buses. 

I'm torn Daniel. Totally torn.

My money is on Lumo. He’s tweeted he’s just been on Lumo t MG and their customer service director and no self respecting award winner is travelling to London on train Ryanair, they’d at least seatfrog upgrade themselves
Wistfully stuck in the 90s