You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis
PB1099280/119
Cancellation CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD 42 (42A) Kingston Park Metro /Cramlington Manor Wallsend Metro

21st July 2024
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Yeah was March 2022 when GNE cancelled the 42/42A, at the same time the 41/41A was axed round Howdon and the 11 was axed in its entirity which is when the 317 was introduced and the 342 introduced to Westerhope
Kind Regards
Tez
(21 Jun 2024, 1:11 pm)Michael wrote PB1099280/119
Cancellation CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD 42 (42A) Kingston Park Metro /Cramlington Manor Wallsend Metro

21st July 2024

This is nothing more than a legacy cancellation submitted by Gateshead Central Taxis as part of a data cleansing exercise in an attempt to ensure the registrations are correct. There have been numerous examples of these submissions from various operators in the last couple of years.
Does anyone know if SK24CXB/CXC are going into Nexus livery and staying with GCT long-term on the 335/351/359? I know they have been repainted. Why are they in full grey livery? Just to quickly enter service? CXA has been repainted into Nexus livery.

Surprised to see new buses, with the 67/69 going back to GNE, less buses will be needed at GCT.
(04 Jul 2024, 6:50 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Does anyone know if SK24CXB/CXC are going into Nexus livery and staying with GCT long-term on the 335/351/359? I know they have been repainted. Why are they in full grey livery? Just to quickly enter service? CXA has been repainted into Nexus livery.

Surprised to see new buses, with the 67/69 going back to GNE, less buses will be needed at GCT.

These buses that have been bought are for the North Tyneside 351/335/359. 2 were ordered in when they got them and now have the other 3 to make the PVR. So the 351/335/359 now have a 24 plate pvr of 5
(04 Jul 2024, 7:53 am)Aaron21 wrote These buses that have been bought are for the North Tyneside 351/335/359. 2 were ordered in when they got them and now have the other 3 to make the PVR. So the 351/335/359 now have a 24 plate pvr of 5

They don't buy any buses, they're all leased from Mistral. No doubt the older ones are running out of lease so might aswell get some newer ones if the costs are the same (it'll all be costed in the contract anyway).

https://www.route-one.net/deliveries/gat...m-mistral/ - One of the earlier batches.

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 20 plates go soon, they're not needed anymore or alternatively get shot of their Iveco's which seem to be a problem.

322/323/324 - 342
321/333/334? - 19
331/332/335/336/337 - 335/351/359
320 or Solo - X46

There's enough vehicles around now.
Site Administrator
(04 Jul 2024, 8:17 am)Storx wrote They don't buy any buses, they're all leased from Mistral. No doubt the older ones are running out of lease so might aswell get some newer ones if the costs are the same (it'll all be costed in the contract anyway).

https://www.route-one.net/deliveries/gat...m-mistral/ - One of the earlier batches.

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 20 plates go soon, they're not needed anymore or alternatively get shot of their Iveco's which seem to be a problem.

322/323/324 - 342
321/333/334? - 19
320 or Solo - X46

Aren’t the minibuses owned? I think it’s just the E200MMCs which are leased.

Given there are currently active tenders for the Sunderland Connect 700 (1 PVR) and 28/29 services (5 PVR), starting in September/October, I would be very surprised to see Gateshead Central dispose of any buses.

I’d imagine they’ll be bidding even more competitively than normal to replace the 4 PVR loss on services 67/69.
Without going off topic, are the September tenders active for works services yet or just the 700 and 28/29?

The works services could be a good expansion for Northstar in September. I love the livery and look forward to seeing more of it around on the 599 and 643!
(04 Jul 2024, 11:47 am)Dan wrote Aren’t the minibuses owned? I think it’s just the E200MMCs which are leased.

Given there are currently active tenders for the Sunderland Connect 700 (1 PVR) and 28/29 services (5 PVR), starting in September/October, I would be very surprised to see Gateshead Central dispose of any buses.

I’d imagine they’ll be bidding even more competitively than normal to replace the 4 PVR loss on services 67/69.

Not too sure if I had to be 100%, I always assumed they just leased everything since nothing stays around for very long.

You're probably right on them wanting extra tenders though.
(04 Jul 2024, 8:17 am)Storx wrote They don't buy any buses, they're all leased from Mistral. No doubt the older ones are running out of lease so might aswell get some newer ones if the costs are the same (it'll all be costed in the contract anyway).

322/323/324 - 342
321/333/334? - 19
320 or Solo - X46

Problem with disposing the Ivecos is the fact they're for the Durham contracts, including the Cathedral 40/40A which requires something smaller and doubt DCC would be best pleased if they replaced them with something older, as much as the Ivecos are a pile of garbage.
(04 Jul 2024, 1:29 pm)Jimmi wrote Problem with disposing the Ivecos is the fact they're for the Durham contracts, including the Cathedral 40/40A which requires something smaller and doubt DCC would be best pleased if they replaced them with something older, as much as the Ivecos are a pile of garbage.

Aye that's true on the length issues, totally forgot about that if I had to be honest. They are rubbish though mind. Like a Vario on steroids as they were awful little things aswell, mind more interesting than a dull Solo tbf.
CXB/CXC were originally intended for Squarepeg of Leeds.

SK24CXB was actually seen at Scotch Corner on the 30th June heading to Plaxton Anston for repaint. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jp4712/53826939887
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(06 Jul 2024, 11:05 am)Lewispark1509 wrote Ex Walkergate driver too. Apparently he was sacked from Stagecoach but not saying for certain

Not surprised he got sacked with that kind of attitude. 

Some of the drivers still don't issue tickets if paying my cash either as the 'machine isn't working' - yet works fine for contactless/concession cards
I must say I wouldn't like been photographed at work, sometimes more than once a day?? but Im not sure that's the best way to show you displeasure!
(06 Jul 2024, 2:22 pm)Rob44 wrote I must say I wouldn't like been photographed at work, sometimes more than once a day?? but Im not sure that's the best way to show you displeasure!

You're representing your company at work and have to show some professionalism. Should be a disciplinary, but it won't be with GCT as they don't even care if their drivers can drive properly, nevermind conduct issues.
(07 Jul 2024, 9:12 am)Shrek wrote You're representing your company at work and have to show some professionalism. Should be a disciplinary, but it won't be with GCT as they don't even care if their drivers can drive properly, nevermind conduct issues.

I 100% agree but where i work if some stranger start taking photos they are asked to stop or kicked out. Who know how many times he's been photographed on that day.  And from the people I've met the last think the people taking these photos would want is someone taking a photo of them taking photos of a bus!
(06 Jul 2024, 7:23 pm)Economic505 wrote GCT are gash. Hopefully NorthStar will wipe them out .

Least they run their services unlike other operaters (Arriva Northumbria).
(07 Jul 2024, 12:45 pm)Storx wrote Least they run their services unlike other operators (Arriva Northumbria).

Not all the time. the 515 didn't turn up so i rang them and was told the next one would be at 12 noon from where i was traveling as the one sent out originally had a puncher. Didn't offer me a taxi or out!
(06 Jul 2024, 12:55 am)Rapidsnap wrote CXB/CXC were originally intended for Squarepeg of Leeds.

SK24CXB was actually seen at Scotch Corner on the 30th June heading to Plaxton Anston for repaint. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jp4712/53826939887

There's suggestions on the 'Travel West Yorkshire Forum' and some photo descriptions that there was an admin cock up with the DVLA registrations, the GCT ones reportedly originally had the follow reg plates:
SK24XPY > now SK24CXA (this one ran in service briefly with this plate briefly)
SK24XPZ > now SK24CXC
SK24XRA > now SK24CXB

Squarepeg are due 4 (2 x short, 2 x longer examples) which from a post on 'Travel West Yorkshire Forum' will have registrations:
SK24 CWW/CWX/CWY/CWZ