You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: New Site
Managed to find a tool in the settings that allowed me to change the board style. 

One of those shows mark as read. 

Changed back. Overall, it was even less functional than the style I'm using.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
This site is now unusable. Click on a thread and you just go to the first post. There’s no option to go to the last post you read. There are times where if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and this is one such occasion.
(19 Jun 2024, 1:41 pm)markydh wrote This site is now unusable. Click on a thread and you just go to the first post. There’s no option to go to the last post you read. There are times where if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and this is one such occasion.

I've heard rumours they've given control of the forum to the GNE commercial team. 
We are seeing them working their magic with titivations and changes that aren't needed.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Jun 2024, 1:41 pm)markydh wrote This site is now unusable. Click on a thread and you just go to the first post. There’s no option to go to the last post you read. There are times where if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and this is one such occasion.

There wasn't such an option in the previous iteration. At least we can now go straight to the last page from the unread list on the mobile site. It's an improvement, though the unread icon appears to be a cool box.
(19 Jun 2024, 6:03 pm)markydh wrote Yes there was. You just clicked on the circle next to a thread with updates and it took you straight to the last post you read.

Yep was definitely possible until the latest update, just used to click on the heading and go to first unread or thereabouts.  Now back to the start of the thread each time.  Definitely not an improvement!

I also noticed how we could not go to the last read post.

As today is my first day using the site with the new format, and I remember what day I was last here, I was able to locate my last unread post.

I hope that, once we have used the new site, it will remember the last post we accessed and take us back there.

and you cannot see whcih threads you havent read!
(06 Jul 2024, 12:58 am)Rapidsnap wrote Can we go back to the old style. This current format is a pain to navigate.

Yes please.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
We don't really get the time to maintain this site as we once did, and updates are often months, if not years, behind. Tapatalk is now back up and running. A design change has occured; which no doubt will recieve a lot of complaints. However, all the reported issues have now been implemented and the board and features should be back up and running as previous.
(07 Jul 2024, 8:02 pm)Liam wrote We don't really get the time to maintain this site as we once did, and updates are often months, if not years, behind. Tapatalk is now back up and running. A design change has occured; which no doubt will recieve a lot of complaints. However, all the reported issues have now been implemented and the board and features should be back up and running as previous.
Now Tapatalk is back I have zero reason to visit the website and interact with the changes!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(07 Jul 2024, 8:02 pm)Liam wrote We don't really get the time to maintain this site as we once did, and updates are often months, if not years, behind. Tapatalk is now back up and running. A design change has occured; which no doubt will recieve a lot of complaints. However, all the reported issues have now been implemented and the board and features should be back up and running as previous.

I dont get why it keeps changing
(07 Jul 2024, 9:29 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote Sorry what is tapatalk?
An app that you can use to access forums rather than using the mobile site.

Imo it's so much better and convenient because the interface is the same regardless of the website or any updates, and you get push notifications if you subscribe to any topics

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk