You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
No idea but they'll probs go to all the NE depots.

I'm not even sure what's left of the current training fleet, haven't seen a proper fleet allocation sheet in about a year or more.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Interestingly, the other London bus in the photo is 36358, which is not one listed as coming up here. Hopefully our friends in Sunderland can keep us informed about which buses do actually arrive !
With the new electric buses for Sunderland apparently arriving in September/October 2024, was wondering, if its been fully confirmed, what they'll replace?

Also been told the remaining gas buses will stay longer now.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Why are gas buses staying for longer at Sunderland depot I thought that Sunderland gas buses how two go when the new electric buses come to Sunderland depot?
(01 Jul 2024, 6:17 pm)Glen1974 wrote 36082 was on 36 to  hartlepool today.

Was doing 36 and 37s not sure why Stockton have got but it definitely unusual for Stockton to get loans from Hartlepool as it’s often the other way round.  It looks like both depots are now struggling quite a bit.
Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service
(13 Jul 2024, 10:38 am)toward6931 wrote Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service

For service, they'd probably need the centre doors removed first, which would be a cost considering their age already (13-15 years old)
(13 Jul 2024, 10:38 am)toward6931 wrote Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service
Like GNE who have used Euro 6 Streetlites for the same purpose. The edict being you train the drivers on the most likely type they will drive. The benefit of E200s over the ALX300s is immense. These were never intended for service up here.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
(13 Jul 2024, 4:43 pm)54APhotography wrote Like GNE who have used Euro 6 Streetlites for the same purpose. The edict being you train the drivers on the most likely type they will drive. The benefit of E200s over the ALX300s is immense. These were never intended for service up here.

The other benefit being that you can actually train drivers within the CAZ area, rather than teaching them elsewhere and then letting them loose in the centre of Newcastle without much experience of the road and traffic conditions there.
(14 Jul 2024, 5:08 am)Ianthegoon wrote The other benefit being that you can actually train drivers within the CAZ area, rather than teaching them elsewhere and then letting them loose in the centre of Newcastle without much experience of the road and traffic conditions there.

Pretty sure the DT vehicles are exempt. They certainly used to be.
Anyone know when they'll be starting to install the new electric charging points at Wheatsheaf depot?

The Yutong's are due to arrive from September/October.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
An internal memo was shared today and it said work will start in August. Will include either the partial or full demolition of the shed as well as demolition of the boiler house, chimney and fuel storage tanks.