You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
(27 Jul 2024, 1:05 pm)cbma06 wrote Don’t know what the allocations will be, ashame there be no Blue Bus services/Favourite/Economic liveries though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is a shame. Interesting how the Economic E1, E2 and E6 still retain their E prefix. When franchising comes in would the E's be renumbered or keep the prefix if Stagecoach didn't win the contract?

For Walkergate I'm assuming it will be the 22 or the 37/38, Slatyford could be 71/72/87 or 10/11 and Shields might be 3/4 or the 7/8.
They'll just be allocated based on what type of vehicle it is. 28003 therefore on our gas routes (although yesterday was on the 23s so)
From LinkedIn:

Gary Chisholm MIRTE MSOE
Engineering Director at Stagecoach North East

4d

It’s 30 years since Stagecoach took over Busways Travel Services, Cleveland Transit and Hartlepool Transport and to celebrate this, we’re painting one vehicle in each livery with the first one here. Top job by the paint shop guys at Sunderland depot.

-

Seems to suggest there might be buses painted into Transit and Hartlepool liveries too

[Image: 1721753157205?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=1wSx...wkwp9YXYkk]
(27 Jul 2024, 6:34 pm)F114TML wrote They'll just be allocated based on what type of vehicle it is. 28003 therefore on our gas routes (although yesterday was on the 23s so)

I thought 28003 might appear on the X24 because that's had gas buses on recently and I think quite often does. Hopefully there will be a South Shields Busways buses and hopefully that appears on the X34! Usually the X34 is a decker and I don't know if any deckers are going into heritage liveries.
(28 Jul 2024, 10:14 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought 28003 might appear on the X24 because that's had gas buses on recently and I think quite often does. Hopefully there will be a South Shields Busways buses and hopefully that appears on the X34! Usually the X34 is a decker and I don't know if any deckers are going into heritage liveries.

28003 currently on display in Seaburn alongside 17643 and preserved 33101
(28 Jul 2024, 10:14 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought 28003 might appear on the X24 because that's had gas buses on recently and I think quite often does. Hopefully there will be a South Shields Busways buses and hopefully that appears on the X34! Usually the X34 is a decker and I don't know if any deckers are going into heritage liveries.

X24 is officially allocated 3x Gasbuses, 3x deckers on weekends. I can't imagine something so proudly displaying "Sunderland" will go down too well in Newcastle, particularly on matchdays.

The Shields one is an E200 so unlikely to appear on the X34 unless desparation sets in.

Believe the two Newcastle ones will be 400MMCs but don't quote me.
(28 Jul 2024, 11:19 am)F114TML wrote X24 is officially allocated 3x Gasbuses, 3x deckers on weekends. I can't imagine something so proudly displaying "Sunderland" will go down too well in Newcastle, particularly on matchdays.

The Shields one is an E200 so unlikely to appear on the X34 unless desparation sets in.

Believe the two Newcastle ones will be 400MMCs but don't quote me.

Yeah I believe so one in City Busways and one in Newcastle Busways
(30 Jul 2024, 7:39 pm)Michael wrote 37308 now in South Shields Busways livery

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/5389...1728866837

Looks even better than 28003 that. Kudos to SNE for doing this - now just for them to see sense and do a back to the future paintjob on the rest of the fleet as well!  Busways has to be one of the strongest brand identities in the region, despite only offically lasting 8 years
(30 Jul 2024, 8:22 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote now just for them to see sense and do a back to the future paintjob on the rest of the fleet as well!  Busways has to be one of the strongest brand identities in the region, despite only offically lasting 8 years

A few heritage liveries, fine. We don’t need the entire fleet looking old fashioned though.
We’re trying to attract people onto the buses, not put them off.
(30 Jul 2024, 9:15 pm)ne14ne1 wrote A few heritage liveries, fine. We don’t need the entire fleet looking old fashioned though.
We’re trying to attract people onto the buses, not put them off.

You think the dishwasher tablet livery attracts people?!

I know which looks more visually appealing to me, but I guess just comes down to personal preference.
(30 Jul 2024, 9:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote You think the dishwasher tablet livery attracts people?!

I know which looks more visually appealing to me, but I guess just comes down to personal preference.

At least it's a modern design. Trouble with it and the later iterations of beachball is they took a one-size-fits-all approach which doesn't really work on certain types.

The busways livery looks horrendously out of date, hell I think beachball does now. I saw someone on Facebook instantly recognised it being from the 90s even though they didn't know it actually is.
(30 Jul 2024, 9:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote You think the dishwasher tablet livery attracts people?!

That's just nostalgia that though. The busways livery is extremely outdated if you ask me and I'd imagine most would think the same. 

It also looks terrible as they've painted around the windows where it's meant to be black which always looks bad especially on E200/E300's. 

The Stagecoach livery isn't that bad if you ask me, nothing special but it does a job.
How many current liveries of major operators have horizontal stripes going the whole length of the vehicle?

The ones I can think of (Sc Beachball and First Olympia) have been superceded or revised.

I took this before I left work tonight. That, to me at least, looks like a fairly modern fleet of buses - not latest and greatest but modest.
[Image: 20240730_233314.jpg?ex=66aac3cc&is=66a97...625cee50b&]

Now imagine all that was yellow and green like 28003. It'd look like some weird alternate universe. Also I'm not sure Perth would be all too pleased with an entire opco going rogue and completely ditching the Stagecoach brand in favour of its own.
(30 Jul 2024, 11:07 pm)F114TML wrote How many current liveries of major operators have horizontal stripes going the whole length of the vehicle?

The ones I can think of (Sc Beachball and First Olympia) have been superceded or revised.

I took this before I left work tonight. That, to me at least, looks like a fairly modern fleet of buses - not latest and greatest but modest.
[Image: 20240730_233314.jpg?ex=66aac3cc&is=66a97...625cee50b&]

Now imagine all that was yellow and green like 28003. It'd look like some weird alternate universe. Also I'm not sure Perth would be all too pleased with an entire opco going rogue and completely ditching the Stagecoach brand in favour of its own.

Don't think there's any nowadays. Not that I can think of anyway.

Mind I still think the 'botched' livery that 27739 and I believe a few others got looks much better than the actual Enviro 200/300 livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/50285274022 - This one, massively respects the body of the bus and it's not exactly 'rogue' either as it's basically the Enviro 400 MMC livery.
That was just one of the many trial versions they did. It's not botched although some OpCos do paint the lights black (in the same way some don't paint black between the windows like 27688), the panel between them is still blue.

When I went to Silverstone it was interesting to see all the little variations of different OpCos.
(30 Jul 2024, 11:42 pm)F114TML wrote That was just one of the many trial versions they did. It's not botched although some OpCos do paint the lights black (in the same way some don't paint black between the windows like 27688), the panel between them is still blue.

When I went to Silverstone it was interesting to see all the little variations of different OpCos.

Ah never realised they were official trials, I always just assumed it was like Arriva and it's Interurban livery who had a design but by the time it got to the painters, it got lost in translation. Some of the versions around of that were truely dreadful.

Mind they definitely picked the wrong version, that version above was the much better one imo.
Anyone know which beachball liveried E200 looked like being prepped for repaint at the Wheatsheaf earlier today?  All of the remaining beachball examples look to have been in service and the registration plate was covered with tape so wondering if this is a recent import to the NE?

Also, 19443 has lost it's KFC wrap, 19643 remains wrapped, not sure about 19671
(31 Jul 2024, 7:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Anyone know which beachball liveried E200 looked like being prepped for repaint at the Wheatsheaf earlier today?  All of the remaining beachball examples look to have been in service and the registration plate was covered with tape so wondering if this is a recent import to the NE?

Definitely an E200 and not a MANviro
Kind Regards
Tez
(31 Jul 2024, 9:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Could've been either but all the intact MANs were in service too, unless they have resurrected another one that was part cannibalised.

I know there's a MANviro still in beachball, 39721
Kind Regards
Tez
(01 Aug 2024, 10:47 am)LVK 404L wrote 39720, 21 and 22 all at Shields are Beachball still

All were in service yesterday as was Teesside 39715 and Slatyford 36477 so can't have been any of those but was definitley a beachball liveried E200 body (or potentially E300 I guess but none of those remain in corporate beachball).  Must have been either a withdrawn MANviro, or an arrival from outside the NE.
(01 Aug 2024, 10:47 am)LVK 404L wrote 39720, 21 and 22 all at Shields are Beachball still

Righto cheers dude
Kind Regards
Tez
(31 Jul 2024, 7:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Anyone know which beachball liveried E200 looked like being prepped for repaint at the Wheatsheaf earlier today?  All of the remaining beachball examples look to have been in service and the registration plate was covered with tape so wondering if this is a recent import to the NE?

Definitely a MAN E200. It was parked outside this morning all sanded down but the reg was still taped over. My guess would be its the one that is being donated to a school in Sunderland. Could it possibly be 39732 or did that go for scrap?
(03 Aug 2024, 5:18 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Definitely a MAN E200. It was parked outside this morning all sanded down but the reg was still taped over. My guess would be its the one that is being donated to a school in Sunderland. Could it possibly be 39732 or did that go for scrap?

Believe that one is still parked up at Hartlepool. Suspect it may be 39658 as the only other beachball liveried ones that haven been reported as scrapped and aren't in bits or on the road are 39725 and 39729 and both are probably long gone in reality.