You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
(03 Aug 2024, 10:25 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Yeah thought it would've been.  39729 too I imagine as that came off even earlier than 39725.

And 39714 which was involved in a RTA
Kind Regards
Tez
Has anyone seen photo of stagecoach new livery on stagecoach new livery page ?

Has anyone seen photo of stagecoach new livery on stagecoach new livery page ? It photo of stagecoach buses black livery?
(05 Aug 2024, 7:40 pm)Glen1974 wrote Has anyone seen photo of stagecoach new livery on stagecoach new livery page ?

Has anyone seen photo of stagecoach new livery on stagecoach new livery page ? It photo of stagecoach buses black livery?

Aye, there's a photo kicking around of a very dark blue decker kicking around. Has a small stagecoach logo towards the rear of the vehicle, between the lower and upper saloon.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
The Local livery has its problems esp from a practicality standpoint. It is surprisingly complex given its rather basic concept (it's just the SC logo on a white background), which causes issues when panels need replacing and in trying to keep it clean. I don't think that's the best execution.

Fits the new uniform though.
I think it looks better than the local livery to be honest. The only Stagecoach livery I really liked was the 1994 version that replaced Busways. Other than that, they are generally boring.
(05 Aug 2024, 9:45 pm)Unber43 wrote Just about to send a photo of that, it looks absolutely awful

Don't agree. The Dark Blue is classy.
(05 Aug 2024, 9:38 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Apparently replacing the current local livery.

New livery after just 4 years, before the fleet has even been fully repainted from Beachball to Local? When can we expect to see this new livery in the North East? Does the new livery have a name, or just 'new Local' or something? Very surprised to see white ditched by Stagecoach, they have always been white.
(05 Aug 2024, 9:54 pm)F114TML wrote The Local livery has its problems esp from a practicality standpoint. It is surprisingly complex given its rather basic concept (it's just the SC logo on a white background), which causes issues when panels need replacing and in trying to keep it clean. I don't think that's the best execution.

Fits the new uniform though.

Surely a dark bus is even worse. Keeping a black car clean is absolute nightmare. Seems absolutely ridiculous to have a livery which isn't which based imo where they could just botch up the current buses they've just repainted.

Seems an awful waste of money, especially when a fair chunk of the network is in areas planning franchising in the not too far future which is going to be, yet, another repaint.
I seen a picture of Cleveland transit buses of E200mmc in transit livery on omsi 2 buses page the buses was 26280 is buses going to be printed in transit livery?
Stockton enthusiasts really will cling to anything.

Btw, Michael, if you see this - I've read your message but it won't let me reply. Can you send me another way to contact you?
(07 Aug 2024, 6:54 am)F114TML wrote Stockton enthusiasts really will cling to anything.

Btw, Michael, if you see this - I've read your message but it won't let me reply. Can you send me another way to contact you?

Its ok, I don't know if its the forum being over maxed with inboxes but mines currently empty (both sent and received)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Aug 2024, 7:44 am)F114TML wrote Odd, it say's you've met your private message quota. Anyway, the answer to your message is, it isn't afaik.

Ye, its empty too.

Ah no worries, thank you.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Yeah, no idea how official it is so I won't share but I've seen a drawing of another version that has the swirls the full height of the vehicle and further forward so they don't wrap around the rear. Either way looks much better imo.
(31 Jul 2024, 7:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Anyone know which beachball liveried E200 looked like being prepped for repaint at the Wheatsheaf earlier today?  All of the remaining beachball examples look to have been in service and the registration plate was covered with tape so wondering if this is a recent import to the NE?

Assuming its the same vehicle, this is now parked up in one of the workshops, appears to be in ocean green base livery.
(11 Aug 2024, 9:57 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Assuming its the same vehicle, this is now parked up in one of the workshops, appears to be in ocean green base livery.

Yeah that one iirc is being donated to the school. Likely the same green as the green in the local livery.