You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East State Of The Fleet

Go North East State Of The Fleet

RE: Go North East State Of The Fleet
(18 Aug 2024, 10:25 am)L469 YVK wrote Not forgetting that within the next 12-18 months, Arriva will be looking to slim down the network when the ABTRL goes live. 

Whether they butcher it......or with franchising likely happen, work with NECA and BSIP to reduce the impact. But there will be vehicles released as a result.

To be fair can't see them doing much now. The route I expected to be dropped in frequency (X21/X22) have already been done and they don't seem to be in much of a rush to increase them. 

Right now they couldn't anyway as they've got nothing to run it since half the buses are on the 57/57a or at Blyth.
(24 Aug 2024, 12:23 pm)DeltaMan wrote Whoever purchased the refitted seats inside vehicles like 6158 has never used a bus before.

Utterly atrocious

I got 6158 on a 10 last week and thought exactly the same thing, and was only on it for 20 minutes. Urban90 vibes, but with worse material.

The overall interior atmosphere on pretty much all ex-London vehicles operated by GNE is beyond depressing too.
(24 Aug 2024, 12:35 pm)PH - BQA wrote I got 6158 on a 10 last week and thought exactly the same thing, and was only on it for 20 minutes. Urban90 vibes, but with worse material.

The overall interior atmosphere on pretty much all ex-London vehicles operated by GNE is beyond depressing too.

They look like child seats!
Destination displays are getting worse, I dont think Ive seen one bus with all displays working.

And the new layout of the displays on the streetdecks look awful
Does anyone know what’s happening with 6353 YX70 OKN? Broke down on X10 on 15th July 2024 and hasn’t been seen since, anyone know if it’s withdrawn or will eventually return? TIA
Caught 6324 on an early 21 out of Low Fell into Newcastle yesterday. Fairly minging inside.

We pulled up to Gateshead and the driver announced we'd broken down and would all have to get off...

She pulls away with X10 on the blind and my broken bus managed to perform 7 runs on the X10...a miracle!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s