You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(01 Sep 2024, 11:43 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Every now and again Yutong come through the Port of Tyne at Tyne Dock. Hence why there has been times Yutong vehicles for other operators have been seen at Go North East's Riverside depot receiving a top up charge before they are driven down to Pelican in Yorkshire for their pre-delivery inspection. The one at Sunderland could be there for charging (might be unlikely since the charging stuff isn't installed unless they've been given enough to charge a single vehicle) or it has just popped in for the management and engineering to have a look at.

With how quickly Yutong build their buses, I think Stagecoach have shuffled around the delivery order so vehicles aren't sitting waiting ages to enter service whilst charging equipment is installed.

If it's the one I saw earlier in the day, it was heading north up the A19 passing Teesside when I saw it, so wouldn't have come from Port of Tyne.
(02 Sep 2024, 6:45 pm)stagecoachfan wrote If it's the one I saw earlier in the day, it was heading north up the A19 passing Teesside when I saw it, so wouldn't have come from Port of Tyne.

I think there arrive in the uk from the Humber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02 Sep 2024, 3:11 pm)F114TML wrote Latest fleetlist I have access to states singles go on 12, 22 and X63, mixing with deckers.

Thanks for that, guessing they're going against it as there's definitely one board on the 37 which is always a single (8.07 to Cramlington). Was the only one that seems consistent. Not surprised though as it seems to miss both peaks in the Newcastle area.
(02 Sep 2024, 7:13 pm)Storx wrote Thanks for that, guessing they're going against it as there's definitely one board on the 37 which is always a single (8.07 to Cramlington). Was the only one that seems consistent. Not surprised though as it seems to miss both peaks in the Newcastle area.

Yeah I think it just gets treat as a guide - for the most part, anything goes.

There is a more up to date fleetcard but I don't have access to it right now.
Stagecoach seemed to be running St Thomas
More services in North Tyneside today despite the school not returning until tomorrow.

I’m guessing this was as an error by Stagecoach as the GNE/Arriva services to the school were not operating.
(03 Sep 2024, 4:27 pm)LVK 404L wrote Bustimes has Hartlepool 36092 on locals this morning and ended up starting 685 in Haltwhistle area this afternoon!!!!!

It'll be wrong not unless it can get from Hartlepool to Haltwhistle in 30 minutes
(03 Sep 2024, 4:27 pm)LVK 404L wrote Bustimes has Hartlepool 36092 on locals this morning and ended up starting 685 in Haltwhistle area this afternoon!!!!!

And bustimes has 26292 SN69ZHU E200MMC being on the 685 until 14.40 when it 'disappeared' at Brampton.

Has the 685 allocation changed from E300 to E200MMC this week. Yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday 3rd Sep) have seen 26292 and 26293 on the route.

If a change, is it fall out from the Stagecoach CNL MD having to meet the NW Bus Traffic Commisioner recently due to 'poor' performance (buses missing) on several routes from Carlisle and Lillyhall depots of which the 685 was one specifically mentioned due to complaints to the Commisioner specifically about the 685?
Out and about on public transport today with my daughter and I've noticed in Sunderland that Stagecoach have employed cleaners to give the buses a once over in Fawcett Street (similar to what GNE did at bus stations years ago). Unsure if it's a Sunderland thing or company wide initiative though.
(05 Sep 2024, 8:42 am)morritt89 wrote Out and about on public transport today with my daughter and I've noticed in Sunderland that Stagecoach have employed cleaners to give the buses a once over in Fawcett Street (similar to what GNE did at bus stations years ago). Unsure if it's a Sunderland thing or company wide initiative though.

He's been here for years and only works part-time (unless this is part of him going full-time). Nice lad. He's only there a few hours in the afternoon.

Someone's probably complained about the amount of litter.
(05 Sep 2024, 5:31 pm)F114TML wrote He's been here for years and only works part-time (unless this is part of him going full-time). Nice lad. He's only there a few hours in the afternoon.

Someone's probably complained about the amount of litter.

It was a women I seen today, when I was on the 16.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I heard Nexus are employing cleaners at bus stations to jump on buses and give them a quick sweep before they set off on their outbound journey, paid for through BSIP I believe but don’t quote me on that.
(06 Sep 2024, 9:10 am)ne14ne1 wrote I heard Nexus are employing cleaners at bus stations to jump on buses and give them a quick sweep before they set off on their outbound journey, paid for through BSIP I believe but don’t quote me on that.

It's the cleaning contractor that are contracted to the appropriate bus company that is doing this , usually as there are very few buses to clean through the day at the various depots, so they use the cleaners available.
(08 Sep 2024, 12:12 pm)Glen1974 wrote I seen buses time that E200 has been repaint in old livery in hartlepool old livery. I hope Cleveland transit do one old colour to.

Yes they will be at least one bus getting painted into the cleveland transit livery.
(02 Sep 2024, 6:48 pm)cbma06 wrote I think there arrive in the uk from the Humber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichever way they arrive, the importer is based in Yorkshire so they'd go there first.
Yutong tend to send their buses to any ferry port in the UK depending on if the vehicle ferry has space onboard for the vehicles. And this could be any port that is able to accept vehicle transport ferries, of which Port of Tyne is one of them and Humber is another. Vehicles could also arrive via Southampton and head North. Not sure if Teesport is capable of receiving vehicles through their port facilities.

But it's just pot luck of what ever is available to them.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(09 Sep 2024, 5:33 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Yutong tend to send their buses to any ferry port in the UK depending on if the vehicle ferry has space onboard for the vehicles. And this could be any port that is able to accept vehicle transport ferries, of which Port of Tyne is one of them and Humber is another. Vehicles could also arrive via Southampton and head North. Not sure if Teesport is capable of receiving vehicles through their port facilities.

But it's just pot luck of what ever is available to them.

Trains have come into Teesport from Japan (before Hitachi opened their UK plant) before so buses should be no problem.
(09 Sep 2024, 6:07 pm)stagecoachfan wrote Trains have come into Teesport from Japan (before Hitachi opened their UK plant) before so buses should be no problem.
It's more about space on ships, I doubt Yutong ever expected they would be smashing the UK bus and coach market!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Look at the arial view on google maps.

Sure Teesport can handle arrival of train carriages (as can Port of Tyne). But Port of Tyne is actually set up to accept arrival of vehicle ferries as it has a huge amount of land set aside for vehicles being waiting to be exported (mainly Nissans) and for vehicles that have been imported to be collected by vehicle dealers. The vehicle carriers that come to Port of Tyne tend to come from Bremerhaven in Germany which is a huge car import / export port, looking at Google maps, it's about 5 times the size of PoT and the other is Zeebrugge in Belgium that seems to have the area roughly the size of Newcastle City Centre dedicated to car import / export.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.