Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(16 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Sure 4931 also had Lengthy Spell VOR over a year ago after Breaking Down at The Galleries, Although it could of been another Wheyaye50 Solar that Broke Down though.

Not sure which it was, but 4993 ended up being a daily allocation from early 2013 until it's eventual withdrawal.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Sure 4931 also had Lengthy Spell VOR over a year ago after Breaking Down at The Galleries, Although it could of been another Wheyaye50 Solar that Broke Down though.

A quick flickr search could suggest you're right as 4927-4930 appear regular on photos in service during 2013. 4926/4931 not so often wonder if two have been VOR for lengthy periods of time. Weren't quite a few problematic at one time?
(16 Feb 2014, 12:43 pm)CatsFast101 wrote It's happening a lot more frequently recently.
The service delivery manager got on the 20 a few weeks back at Sunderland and was checking people's tickets I have a buzzfare on my key so they have scanner things now. He also got on the X7 at Seaham recently, checking people's tickets when boarding for some reason?
These new 'Revenue Protection' persons got on the 20 the other day and was scanning/checking tickets. First one had, he screamed for everyone to produce tickets, charming!
In the past few months I've had them on 60/61/20/X7 seem to be cracking down on it.
Don't think I mentioned at the time (and I'm going a little of topic) but a Nexus man got on 60 at the Mill Inn few months back and was questioning peoples ticket options/destinations/other bus connections etc. I did find it odd that a nexus man was questioning people boarding in Seaham, I mean after county boundary into Ryhope yeah okay.

Wonder why?
Something must have happened, if only to justify the expense of having them scooting about checking tickets.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
I have never seen an RPI get on a bus I have been o for months...

Now I have said that, they will be all over next time I am out lol
(16 Feb 2014, 4:13 pm)andreos1 wrote Wonder why?
Something must have happened, if only to justify the expense of having them scooting about checking tickets.

Presumably they (he?) are full-time employees - what do they do the rest of the time if not riding and checking tickets?

Used to be a regular sight on United in the 1950s.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Go North East - Latest
Who's responsibility is to go out doing revenue checks, is it the Service Delivery Managers job, if so, I know one SDM who I have rarely seen out and about, infact when he got the job, we were joking about him getting fat on decent biscuits and good coffee in a nice office somewhere Big Grin
(16 Feb 2014, 3:49 pm)aureolin wrote Not sure which it was, but 4993 ended up being a daily allocation from early 2013 until it's eventual withdrawal.

4944 and 8289 were also on there quite frequently at the time also, as I remember Photographing Both on the 50. This would of been around Feb 2013 when one the WheyAye50 Examples were off the Road, Going by Flickr Photos I Photographed the Following on the 50.

3983 - 19/02/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8488798197/

4988 - 23/02/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8500023273/

4944 - 06/03/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8532332362/

8289 - 07/03/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8534605610/

As for WA50's caught in that time frame

4928 - 21/03/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8576010122/

4929 - 22/03/13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8578001136/

Which means either 4926/27 or 31 were VOR, or Alternatively at the time there was more than one WA50 off the Road.
I've been checked by the sdm, service delivery supervisor & chester control team. Dont think there is a dedicated revenue protection team.
(16 Feb 2014, 4:22 pm)G-CPTN wrote Presumably they (he?) are full-time employees - what do they do the rest of the time if not riding and checking tickets?

Used to be a regular sight on United in the 1950s.

Guessing they were doing other things/duties and these revenue protection jobs have been created.

As a kid (a lot more recent than the 50's), the inspectors often got on and looked just like Blakey with their flat, peaked caps.

(16 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm)nk55 wrote I've been checked by the sdm, service delivery supervisor & chester control team. Dont think there is a dedicated revenue protection team.

The guy yesterday was wearing a Revenue Protection hi-viz vest on top of his GNE uniform.
He did a Washington service and I saw him getting on a Chester based vehicle too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm)andreos1 wrote The guy yesterday was wearing a Revenue Protection hi-viz vest on top of his GNE uniform.
He did a Washington service and I saw him getting on a Chester based vehicle too.

Guy on 20 had said 'Revenue Protection hi-viz vest'.
(16 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Guy on 20 had said 'Revenue Protection hi-viz vest'.

About time in my opinion, far too many over riders in terms of buzzfares and paying 1.45 instead of 1.95
X66 tab on the GNE site has being updated to show its new brand, same as the pic of the meric bendie
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Feb 2014, 7:20 pm)Michael wrote X66 tab on the GNE site has being updated to show its new brand, same as the pic of the meric bendie

That must of happened tonight as it hadn't earlier on. Where about do you mean?
(16 Feb 2014, 7:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That must of happened tonight as it hadn't earlier on. Where about do you mean?

It has on thekeymobile, but not the actual service page. That's what I'm seeing anyway?
(16 Feb 2014, 7:26 pm)BJ10VUS wrote It has on thekeymobile, but not the actual service page. That's what I'm seeing anyway?

Opps sorry meant the key mobile app!

Forgive me
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(16 Feb 2014, 7:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That must of happened tonight as it hadn't earlier on. Where about do you mean?

This little thing.
.png X66.png
(16 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm)nk55 wrote About time in my opinion, far too many over riders in terms of buzzfares and paying 1.45 instead of 1.95

All they ever do on the Angel is make them pay the 20p difference. Probably worth the risk for some
(16 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm)nk55 wrote About time in my opinion, far too many over riders in terms of buzzfares and paying 1.45 instead of 1.95

I agree, as I hate faredodging with a passion... it probably explains why every journey I want to make on GNE is £3.15!

I do think they need to look at the pass selective ETMs too though. Had one the other day in Durham, where it was 09.28 by the onboard clock. The ETM accepted an ENCTS pass (despite being too early), yet the Get Around card holder behind was asked to pay shy of £2.00 instead of 90p? How does that one work?
(16 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm)aureolin wrote I agree, as I hate faredodging with a passion... it probably explains why every journey I want to make on GNE is £3.15!

I do think they need to look at the pass selective ETMs too though. Had one the other day in Durham, where it was 09.28 by the onboard clock. The ETM accepted an ENCTS pass (despite being too early), yet the Get Around card holder behind was asked to pay shy of £2.00 instead of 90p? How does that one work?

Stagecoach accept passes from 0927 on their ERG machines. Arriva is strictly 0930.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(16 Feb 2014, 8:35 pm)tyresmoke wrote Stagecoach accept passes from 0927 on their ERG machines. Arriva is strictly 0930.

I don't particularly think it's a problem, as it prevents pass holders holding up the bus for the sake of a few minutes, but it should be consistent. All passes or none.
(16 Feb 2014, 8:37 pm)aureolin wrote I don't particularly think it's a problem, as it prevents pass holders holding up the bus for the sake of a few minutes, but it should be consistent. All passes or none.

Yes I'd agree with that. If you allow ENCTS passes from 0927 then all other deadlines should have the same allowance.

(16 Feb 2014, 11:31 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Who ran the 723 newcastle to darlington was it both arriva and go northeast,they should bring a bus service back newcastle to darlington

It was a joint operation until Feburary 2005 when it was split into Durham-Darlington operated by Arriva (now as 'Sapphire' 7) and Durham-Newcastle operated by Go North East.
(16 Feb 2014, 11:31 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Who ran the 723 newcastle to darlington was it both arriva and go northeast,they should bring a bus service back newcastle to darlington

Would there be any demand for it? You already have 2 high quality services connecting in Durham offering a service from 5am til 9pm albeit with a journey time of over 2 hours... Anyone doing the full journey would use the train surely?

(16 Feb 2014, 11:48 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Trying to find pics of the old X90, how long was the journey time on the X90

1h 10mins from Darlington to Newcastle. And a photo is shown here © Simply|Transport