Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(18 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote There's no reason to keep them all at the same depot. I'd assume that 4840 would be withdrawn before 4844, if they are to replace the eldest Renowns in the fleet...

I thought It'd just be easier... What is going to happen with 4911?
(18 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote There's no reason to keep them all at the same depot. I'd assume that 4840 would be withdrawn before 4844, if they are to replace the eldest Renowns in the fleet...

They might end up on the East Durham network - means more MPD's will go

that's if they last....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
4910 was a suprise on 57 i hardly saw any Fab Fifty Seven renowns even a solo was on there around lunch time 639 but later that day it went on 27X i saw it as i popped into my local shop aka ASDA to give my crush money
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote I thought It'd just be easier... What is going to happen with 4911?

I think we can assume that it will serve the same purpose as 4906-09?

I wonder if Go North East will be able to withdraw 4837-49 (minus 4841) by reducing the amount of spare vehicles at each depot and shifting a few buses around so that all depots are on an equal level (percentage-wise)? I don't think any depots desperately need the amount of spares they currently have... In most cases, the allocations are down to laziness if anything.
(18 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm)Dan wrote I think we can assume that it will serve the same purpose as 4906-09?

I wonder if Go North East will be able to withdraw 4837-49 (minus 4841) by reducing the amount of spare vehicles at each depot and shifting a few buses around so that all depots are on an equal level (percentage-wise)? I don't think any buses desperately need the amount of spares they currently have... In most cases, the allocations are down to laziness if anything.

Ye and that might help with the depots getting the correct buses for each brand.

Some depots have way to many spares
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 9:13 pm)Bazza Houston wrote 4910 was a suprise on 57 i hardly saw any Fab Fifty Seven renowns even a solo was on there around lunch time 639 but later that day it went on 27X i saw it as i popped into my local shop aka ASDA to give my crush money

[Image: now-i-aint-saying-shes-a-gold-digger-but...t-digg.jpg]
(18 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm)Michael wrote Ye and that might help with the depots getting the correct buses for each brand.

Some depots have way to many spares

Exactly. Initially it will put them under a bit of pressure but in the long term, if the depots react by actually putting the right buses on the right routes, it could work out.
Forgot about 4911 needing a re-paint to.

What is the % of spares at Riverside, i know its a big depot but do they need all those spares?

When will GNE do their first orders for this year?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Feb 2014, 9:18 pm)Dan wrote [b][Image: now-i-aint-saying-shes-a-gold-digger-but...t-digg.jpg]
[/b]
Exactly. Initially it will put them under a bit of pressure but in the long term, if the depots react by actually putting the right buses on the right routes, it could work out.

lol
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm)Michael wrote Forgot about 4911 needing a re-paint to.

What is the % of spares at Riverside, i know its a big depot but do they need all those spares?

When will GNE do their first orders for this year?

citaro5284 has told us what the spare percentages were at Gateshead and Winlaton before, so I doubt it's changed... Honestly can't remember what they were though - think they were between 16% and 20% though.
(18 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm)Dan wrote citaro5284 has told us what the spare percentages were at Gateshead and Winlaton before, so I doubt it's changed... Honestly can't remember what they were though - think they were between 16% and 20% though.

just incase it increased or decreased.... lol
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Suppose something like this couple happen:

4906/7/8/9/11 stay/transfer to Peterlee for the 265/202/208, allowing 537/38/39 to transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 71, allowing the withdrawal of 4837/38/39 and 535/36. I suppose the 71 could be branded ''East Durham''?
Site Administrator
5255 has now arrived at Chester-le-Street depot - 8237 should be withdrawn as a result.

8289 therefore remains to be the only Dart still allocated at Chester (excluding the loans - 8231 possibly the only active one of that batch anyway?)
(18 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Is the 27 due for an upgrade this year heard there getting deckers

it is rumoured they are but not 100% confirmed the orders will be confirmed in the due course if this is true i can easily photograph them outside my local ASDA where my Mam works and where one of my crushes works with my Mam 88/88A should get branded next week it is rumoured if so i can start my bus spotting at around 9 then shoot off to Newcastle to catch the random stuff they throw out
Owner of Bella the Cat

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(18 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm)Bazza Houston wrote it is rumoured they are but not 100% confirmed the orders will be confirmed in the due course if this is true i can easily photograph them outside my local ASDA where my Mam works and where one of my crushes works with my Mam 88/88A should get branded next week it is rumoured if so i can start my bus spotting at around 9 then shoot off to Newcastle to catch the random stuff they throw out

One? How many have you got lad?! :p
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Dan wrote I think the difference with the Citylink/Tynedalexpress and Drifter/Coaster is that those two buses should never meet. Even still, there are minor differences in the liveries of both examples.

You say that. But Coaster 5271 decided to have a little trip to Sunderland on the 9 today. Unfortunatley whilst it was there, all the Drifter Streetlites had gone AWOL. But I managed to get a photo of the Coaster in Sunderland.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:54 pm)aureolin wrote One? How many have you got lad?! :p

loads i am a typical bloke who loves women imagine the watered down version of Brock from Pokemon
.gif tumblr_lqjs6cBigT1r0mhfro1_500.gif
Owner of Bella the Cat

(18 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Is the 27 due for an upgrade this year heard there getting deckers

Have a look at the GNE order prediction thread under the GNE section, the latest news is all on their.

Might have to back a few pages, not sure but theirs a list of services which might be getting new buses this year
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Feb 2014, 11:40 pm)GMitchelhill wrote How do you get 1000 Pikachu onto a bus?

You poke em on.

classic joke still good though
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:59 pm)GMitchelhill wrote You say that. But Coaster 5271 decided to have a little trip to Sunderland on the 9 today. Unfortunatley whilst it was there, all the Drifter Streetlites had gone AWOL. But I managed to get a photo of the Coaster in Sunderland.

Yes, but that's just Percy Main - the two buses shouldn't ever meet, just how Centurions shouldn't be allocated to service 9.
That depot does not give a damn. It's an embarrassment to the entire company.
(19 Feb 2014, 6:59 am)Dan wrote Yes, but that's just Percy Main - the two buses shouldn't ever meet, just how Centurions shouldn't be allocated to service 9.

There's got to be an underlying reason for it though. I can't imagine that the allocators would wake up on a morning and decide that we'll have centurion B10's running round on the 9... just for the crack.
(19 Feb 2014, 9:41 am)aureolin wrote There's got to be an underlying reason for it though. I can't imagine that the allocators would wake up on a morning and decide that we'll have centurion B10's running round on the 9... just for the crack.

maybe they all get drunk before they do the allocation list haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 9:41 am)aureolin wrote There's got to be an underlying reason for it though. I can't imagine that the allocators would wake up on a morning and decide that we'll have centurion B10's running round on the 9... just for the crack.

OmniCitys on the 17 while Centurions are on the 9...? Hardly appropriate.

Not long ago I noted two NTL MPDs on the Cobalt Clipper, but plenty of red spares were in the depot? No red VOR wheel cover on them either.
(19 Feb 2014, 9:46 am)Dan wrote OmniCitys on the 17 while Centurions are on the 9...? Hardly appropriate.

Not long ago I noted two NTL MPDs on the Cobalt Clipper, but red spares were in the depot?

Bad management all the way up the chain then? Allocators for not managing allocations correctly, depot management for not managing the allocators, and senior managers for not managing the depot managers?

Maybe I'm looking at it in black and white, but if someone's not doing the job they're employed to do then get someone in that will do it properly.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 9:49 am)aureolin wrote Bad management all the way up the chain then? Allocators for not managing allocations correctly, depot management for not managing the allocators, and senior managers for not managing the depot managers?

Maybe I'm looking at it in black and white, but if someone's not doing the job they're employed to do then get someone in that will do it properly.

I know a depot manager and a few weeks ago he asked why a specific vehicle had been allocated to the wrong service all day without being changed to be met with, "I don't know."

Higher management are incredibly peeved by the matter and I've referred to a new scheme in place which is to try and prevent the wrong allocations in the past..

Laziness of depots - that's where the problem lies. Everyone further up cares and are trying to sort it out.
(19 Feb 2014, 9:54 am)Dan wrote I know a depot manager and a few weeks ago he asked why a specific vehicle had been allocated to the wrong service all day without being changed to be met with, "I don't know."

Higher management are incredibly peeved by the matter and I've referred to a new scheme in place which is to try and prevent the wrong allocations in the past..

Laziness of depots.

New scheme is definitely a good thing and will hopefully prevent customer confusion. Other depots are also guilty of this - Washington previously with South Tynes and WSS MPDs for example.

Laziness of depots is concerning and it beggars the question of why it wasn't managed sooner, and whether an adequate PMR system is in place.
(19 Feb 2014, 6:59 am)Dan wrote Yes, but that's just Percy Main - the two buses shouldn't ever meet, just how Centurions shouldn't be allocated to service 9.

Although what you are saying makes sense, in this case, does it actually make much difference, as the 9 serves a completely different stand to the 61 and goes a completely different route so no confusion would be caused, not like i'm saying no confusion would be caused with a Coaster on the 9. Same for the tynedalexpress and Citylink, they both go to Newcastle but in 2 different places so they should never meet. I totally get what you are saying though.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I'm nit sure wether I agree or disagree with using same/similar branding a in the way Coaster/Drifter do, it's odd thing. I did say previously, if it means we get some higher quality liveries/branding then surely a good thing? However yesterday I went to Newcastle and I seen a Coaster and how many other people travel in these directions? Current examples aside I'm not sure it could become company wide as I think then branding may lose effect.