Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
Merc 5333 is currently sat at Peterlee Bus Station - can't guarantee it will be there all day though if anyone wants photos as it only stayed for an hour yesterday.
Site Administrator
Impressed that all three X7s I have seen this morning have been at full capacity, seating-wise.

Providing there are a similar number of seats on a B10 and a Solar, the workings I have seen are doing as well as the TTX (or at least the X9 I'm on now towards M'bro)!
(19 Feb 2014, 11:37 am)Dan wrote Impressed that all three X7s I have seen this morning have been at full capacity, seating-wise.

Providing there are a similar number of seats on a B10 and a Solar, the workings I have seen are doing as well as the TTX (or at least the X9 I'm on now towards M'bro)!

=D, that's good, hopefully passengers continue to rise.

Was this towards Boro or Sunderland?

What is the engine euro thing on the Omnicity's, is it Euro 4?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote =D, that's good, hopefully passengers continue to rise.

Was this towards Boro or Sunderland?

What is the engine euro thing on the Omnicity's, is it Euro 4?

Towards Boro.

The Omnis are Euro 4, yeah.
Site Administrator
A little message on 4908..!
I do wonder who wrote it, given that there's fresh seat moquette on the group of four seats at the back...

Shame the woman on the other side didn't read either of the two hand written notices on her side.
.jpg 20140219_121006.jpg
.jpg 20140219_121246.jpg
(19 Feb 2014, 12:14 pm)Dan wrote A little message on 4908..!
I do wonder who wrote it, given that there's fresh seat moquette on the group of four seats at the back...

Shame the woman on the other side didn't read either of the two hand written notices on her side.

That's why i don't like them seats at all, would rather have them so their set out all one way
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
I think I have seen it all now, a Car blew a tyre in Dalton Park this morning, with all the space in the car parks to pull up to change his tyre, he decides to pull up in the bus turning circle, facing the wrong way, none the less, what a sight watching an Arriva Omni, an Arriva Wright Pulsar and a GNE Scania having to pull into a car park and make a very tight reverse turn...The MPD I was on managed with ease...Rather daft of the car imo
(19 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm)Michael wrote that was quick

I saw it parked at saltmeadows at 11am ready to leave freshly painted
(19 Feb 2014, 3:57 pm)northern156 wrote 6077 working 1551 (from Blaydon) 10 to Hexham.

Normal working?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MPD 555 was working the X85/X84 today arriving in Hexham as X85 around 14:50.
I had arrived (14:47) and I left (14:53) on the Ten - running on schedule due to the improved timing of the traffic lights on Corbridge bridge - we had to wait at Hexham Hospital to avoid arriving early.

X84 and X85 alternate (X85 due out 14:48, X84 due out 14:05).

(For some time now, Corbridge bridge lights have had a significant delay between ends - Ten drivers reckoned they were losing 6 to 8 minutes off the schedule by running into Corbridge centre. New lights were fitted last week and they now change within a couple of seconds.)
(19 Feb 2014, 4:16 pm)Dan wrote I remember us discussing this, but can't remember the service being complained about - was it the 56 that night when I was complaining?

Think it was about the 56 because i renember the person complaining on facebook about how she waited over 1hour
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 4:33 pm)Michael wrote Think it was about the 56 because i renember the person complaining on facebook about how she waited over 1hour

I hope Mr. Carr found out about the delay too, and not just the driver's comments!!
(19 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm)Dan wrote I hope Mr. Carr found out about the delay too, and not just the driver's comments!!

Took the Chronicle a while to get onto this mind. They did send me an email thanking me for the story.

I complained to GNE but mainly on the basis of the response Dan got stating they couldn't take it down.

Would love to see that drivers face this morning. I don't advocate losing someone their job but some people are not designed to be in public service.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(19 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm)gtom wrote Took the Chronicle a while to get onto this mind. They did send me an email thanking me for the story.

I complained to GNE but mainly on the basis of the response Dan got stating they couldn't take it down.

Would love to see that drivers face this morning. I don't advocate losing someone their job but some people are not designed to be in public service.

There's no excusing the drivers action in my opinion. He was totally inappropriate and people think it's okay through social media. It isn't acceptable.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 6:16 pm)CatsFast101 wrote There's no excusing the drivers action in my opinion. He was totally inappropriate and people think it's okay through social media. It isn't acceptable.

That's why the Social Media Policy is there - to alert employees what is and what is not acceptable to post on Social Media.
That driver clearly brought the company into disrepute by calling passengers 'whinging twats'.

I hope that the driver doesn't lose his job over the matter as he could have a family to feed, but at the end of the day, he brought it upon himself.

NEB causing drama again though, what are we like! Tongue
I'm still chuffed I got a free day ticket out of it all...
(19 Feb 2014, 6:25 pm)Dan wrote Anyway, on another note... 3964 is now back at Riverside.

Now Northern, like you mentioned?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)Michael wrote Now Northern, like you mentioned?

Well, corporate livery red - not Northern! Tongue
(19 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)Dan wrote Well, corporate livery red - not Northern! Tongue

Tongue well you know! haha

When did 3964 go to SM?, seems to be 5 mins since it was away.

Will 3961 follow suit or will that go back to branding for the TEN?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(19 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote That's why the Social Media Policy is there - to alert employees what is and what is not acceptable to post on Social Media.
That driver clearly brought the company into disrepute by calling passengers 'whinging twats'.

I hope that the driver doesn't lose his job over the matter as he could have a family to feed, but at the end of the day, he brought it upon himself.

NEB causing drama again though, what are we like! Tongue
I'm still chuffed I got a free day ticket out of it all...

Sod him is all I can say. Customers warned him and he still didn't have the sense to remove his comments. Deserves the book thrown at him.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote Tongue well you know! haha

When did 3964 go to SM?, seems to be 5 mins since it was away.

Will 3961 follow suit or will that go back to branding for the TEN?

Would have been the day before I noted it as having arrived at SMR, whenever that was.

3961 should just end up in its TEN outfit again... at some point.
(19 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Dan wrote Would have been the day before I noted it as having arrived at SMR, whenever that was.

3961 should just end up in its TEN outfit again... at some point.

Can't remember the date.. ill go back and check.

Any idea when the last remaining B9's will be entering service?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm)Michael wrote Can't remember the date.. ill go back and check.

Any idea when the last remaining B9's will be entering service?

I'm not sure, sorry. Were still at Saltmeadows last I heard though.