You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(28 Feb 2014, 7:05 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I wonder if this was the one that was supposed to be the 17:04pm outside Work Tonight, as I had wait half hour for the next one.

No it departed chester at 18.05
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: Go North East - Latest
(28 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm)Tom wrote He didn't say it was £3.15 Wink

Ye but probales is, known their random fare strucure.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 8:13 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Would 6116 and 6117 at Percy Main not allow 2 Olympians to be Withdrawn as I would say Percy Main should be at the top of the list for Olympian Withdrawls.

No, as the B9TLs replaced 4911 (1), 5250, 5253/54 and 5273 (4), 5255-60 (6) and 5331/33-38 (7) = 18 vehicles.
17 vehicles replaced 18 because they are newer vehicles and should be more reliable.
I'm very surprised at how busy the double deckers are on the 309. GNE have thought it through well and they're starting to get more passengers between Newcastle and Rake Lane - W.Bay / Blyth. A good investment all around. Hopefully, if both services continue to grow as they are now, I see more evening journeys on the cards for both and more journeys to Blyth on the 309. Even with the 310, people used to walk either from near Verne Road or North of Formica to the Coast Road for the 306 / 308. Now, more people are even using the 310 partly down to both the new double deckers and the route / frequency change as opposed to the 300 / 315 and 316.
(28 Feb 2014, 8:17 pm)Dan wrote No, as the B9TLs replaced 4911 (1), 5250, 5253/54 and 5273 (4), 5255-60 (6) and 5331/33-38 (7) = 18 vehicles.
17 vehicles replaced 18 because they are newer vehicles and should be more reliable.

Ok, so I wonder how those Olympians should go then, if all or most of them are meant to be leaving the fleet this year they better get a move on, especially because I would say they have missed the biggest opportunity for cascades.
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Ok, so I wonder how those Olympians should go then, if all or most of them are meant to be leaving the fleet this year they better get a move on, especially because I would say they have missed the biggest opportunity for cascades.

Percy Main probably would have lost their Olympians if the Pronto had received the former Cobalt Clipper Mercs.
(28 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Ok, so I wonder how those Olympians should go then, if all or most of them are meant to be leaving the fleet this year they better get a move on, especially because I would say they have missed the biggest opportunity for cascades.

What is the max PVR of the Cobalt group of services?
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote What is the max PVR of the Cobalt group of services?

15 - which is why there are 15 branded vehicles.
Go North East usually aim for one spare per 8 vehicles but have rounded up in this instance as there are two spare vehicles.
(28 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan wrote Percy Main probably would have lost their Olympians if the Pronto had received the former Cobalt Clipper Mercs.

Agreed. I was just wondering as now I would say the next major cascading process will begin with the new orders and service changers (if there are any) towards the back end of the year.