You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(19 Mar 2014, 9:21 pm)Tom wrote Thanks, wasn't sure on fleet numbers. So I'm guessing the rest of the fleet will be transferred soon? Where will the buses go?

In Classic's fleet, they don't. Obviously when they join the Arriva North East fleet, they will be given a fleet number just like every other vehicle in the fleet.

Given that Classic's Solo is a M850 and Arriva North East currently have two of those vehicles (based at Darlington - 2504 and 2505), it made sense to allocate it a fleet number close to those.

As for the identity of 7458 and others, it's not known at present.
(19 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Apparently it's YJ51JWW

Had assumed that was long gone as it doesn't appear in tyresmoke's fleetlist. That vehicle was actually last spotted in Colchester, as shown here. There are other photos of the vehicle working for the same company previously though, so I'm not sure whether it's just someone's EXIF data on Flickr being incorrect (given the downgrade from an LED destination display when it was with Classic and all)...
(19 Mar 2014, 9:24 pm)Dan wrote In Classic's fleet, they don't. Obviously when they join the Arriva North East fleet, they will be given a fleet number just like every other vehicle in the fleet.

Given that Classic's Solo is a M850 and Arriva North East currently have two of those vehicles (based at Darlington - 2504 and 2505), it made sense to allocate it a fleet number close to those.

As for the identity of 7458 and others, it's not known at present.

Wonder if the Volvo B9TL/East Lancs Olympus will join? Big Grin
(19 Mar 2014, 9:26 pm)Dan wrote Had assumed that was long gone as it doesn't appear in tyresmoke's fleetlist. That vehicle was actually last spotted in Colchester, as shown here. There are other photos of the vehicle working for the same company previously though, so I'm not sure whether it's just someone's EXIF data on Flickr being incorrect (given the downgrade from an LED destination display when it was with Classic and all)...

That's an old photo (notice it has blinds at Colchester but Mobetic LED displays with Classic). It was based in Colchester in 2009 before transferring to Classic.

CE52UWW has moved south however.
(19 Mar 2014, 9:26 pm)Tom wrote Wonder if the Volvo B9TL/East Lancs Olympus will join? Big Grin

The Olympus is staying with Classic. The vehicles moving across are the already know 2503/7458 plus a further DB250 and the 6 Darts.
Site Administrator
(19 Mar 2014, 9:28 pm)Kuyoyo wrote That's an old photo (notice it has blinds at Colchester but Mobetic LED displays with Classic). It was based in Colchester in 2009 before transferring to Classic.

CE52UWW has moved south however.

Think Scott needs to get updating that fleet list of his! Wink
(19 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm)Tom wrote Just clarifying, Arriva will be operating the 558 and R3/R4 only?

Arriva will be operating all current Classic NexusBus contracts which are:

168 East Rainton - Hetton-le-Hole - Easington Lane
515 Heworth - Monkton Business Park - Hebburn
558 Seaburn - Cleadon - Heworth
R3/R4 Clara Vale - Rowlands Gill
R6 Rowlands Gill - High Spen - Winlaton/Ryton

They will also operate the inter Hospital service in Newcastle which links the RVI with Newcastle General.

However, there will be no visable change to operations etc - the drivers transferring from Classic will only work the former Classic work and ex-Classic vehicles will only work those routes.
(19 Mar 2014, 9:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Arriva will be operating all current Classic NexusBus contracts which are:

168 East Rainton - Hetton-le-Hole - Easington Lane
515 Heworth - Monkton Business Park - Hebburn
558 Seaburn - Cleadon - Heworth
R3/R4 Clara Vale - Rowlands Gill
R6 Rowlands Gill - High Spen - Winlaton/Ryton

Thanks again Tongue
Where does the inter Hospital link operate to?
(19 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm)Tom wrote Thanks again Tongue
Where does the inter Hospital link operate to?

It runs from the RVI to Newcastle General Hospital. The RVI is about a 5 minutes walk up the road from Haymarket (where the 84/84A stop).
(19 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm)Kuyoyo wrote It runs from the RVI to Newcastle General Hospital. The RVI is about a 5 minutes walk up the road from Haymarket (where the 84/84A stop).

I know where the RVI is lol Wink
How often does it run? (sorry about all of the questions, can't find any timetables for it)
(19 Mar 2014, 9:52 pm)Tom wrote I know where the RVI is lol Wink
How often does it run? (sorry about all of the questions, can't find any timetables for it)

I'm not sure how often it is
(19 Mar 2014, 10:04 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I'm not sure how often it is

Every 30 mins as far as I'm aware, about a 10 min journey between the two.
I am told 7458 is identified as T313FGN. Didn't realise YJ51JWW was still at Classic!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(19 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm)Dan wrote Allocation: 23/03/14

7469 Blyth - Jesmond (PVR reduction)
2503 Classic - Arriva Jesmond (PVR increase)
7458 Classic - Arriva Jesmond (PVR increase)
1302 Darlington - Durham
1654 Durham - Redcar via Paintshop

Further movements identified on Richard Smiles' personal Arriva fleetlist. See attached.
.png Screenshot_2014-03-20-07-46-02.png
(20 Mar 2014, 7:47 am)Dan wrote Further movements identified on Richard Smiles' personal Arriva fleetlist. See attached.

Just spotted a Typo on the Fleet Movements which I have now corrected on my own list.

Last four vehicles should read to Under Repair (NOT Under Repar).
Apologies. Couple of keys are sticking on my Keyboard including (i)
7485 now identified as LJ51DJD, former VLW39 in London. Sorry for the mistake before!

PB0002717/261 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington Hospital and Durham Hospital given service number H1/H2 effective from 01-May-2014.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
What's this I've heard about them fitting Prestige 4080 out with coach seats ready for the new season on the 93? Maybe give it a coat of paint and the logos as well.-
(20 Mar 2014, 7:49 pm)robisdave wrote What's this I've heard about them fitting Prestige 4080 out with coach seats ready for the new season on the 93? Maybe give it a coat of paint and the logos as well.-

Love to know who told you that! It's a good one...
Funny considering the Prestiges are all going!

And thank heaven's for that! They've all being good servants over the years and perhaps one should be kept for prosperity? My question now of course is just what is going to run the X93's given that the 7BTL'S are confined to Dormanstown, the E400's have a job making it out of town and the Temsas (well most of them) are going? Watch this space for 1743 being given the kiss of life!
(20 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm)robisdave wrote And thank heaven's for that! They've all being good servants over the years and perhaps one should be kept for prosperity? My question now of course is just what is going to run the X93's given that the 7BTL'S are confined to Dormanstown, the E400's have a job making it out of town and the Temsas (well most of them) are going? Watch this space for 1743 being given the kiss of life!

B7TL should be trialled on X93 soon, as soon as Redcar can get one on the road.... Hopefully at the weekend?!
No denying the E400s have struggled but as I posted the other day they've done a lot to solve that issue. Temsas and Omnicities fill the gaps but there will be a permanent solution found by the time the summer timetable starts in May I am confident.

(20 Mar 2014, 9:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote B7TL should be trialled on X93 soon, as soon as Redcar can get one on the road.... Hopefully at the weekend?!
No denying the E400s have struggled but as I posted the other day they've done a lot to solve that issue. Temsas and Omnicities fill the gaps but there will be a permanent solution found by the time the summer timetable starts in May I am confident.

I'm interested to see how long these B7TLs last up in the North East. Some of the examples I've used in London (Arriva or otherwise) are quite hammered already, and that's with their less 'demanding' routes.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Doesn't that strike fear into your heart? The Geminis are beat up before they hit the hills of the 93 route and Redcar are "hopeful" of getting one on the road by the weekend. A long term solution? How's that? Another operator taking over?
(20 Mar 2014, 9:52 pm)robisdave wrote Doesn't that strike fear into your heart? The Geminis are beat up before they hit the hills of the 93 route and Redcar are "hopeful" of getting one on the road by the weekend. A long term solution? How's that? Another operator taking over?

It's called 'a trial'! If it doesn't work then expect the Geminis from Blyth to be used - all they can do is test things to see what is most suitable. As tyresmoke has said, there might be a future new vehicle order for the X93 but until then they can only do what they can.
Another season of breakdowns and unreliability then coupled with the fact that those living in Guisborough and along the route of the X93 to Guisborough no longer have the back up of service 5 to Whitby and will be dependent on an hourly, subject to breakdowns etc, on the X93; even better on a Sunday! And before we have the "change buses at Loftus" argument, why should we and who wants to hang around in Loftus for these "connections?" Minimum 20 minutes weekdays, twice that on a Sunday!
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(20 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm)robisdave wrote Another season of breakdowns and unreliability then coupled with the fact that those living in Guisborough and along the route of the X93 to Guisborough no longer have the back up of service 5 to Whitby and will be dependent on an hourly, subject to breakdowns etc, on the X93; even better on a Sunday! And before we have the "change buses at Loftus" argument, why should we and who wants to hang around in Loftus for these "connections?" Minimum 20 minutes weekdays, twice that on a Sunday!

Try every two hours on a Sunday. If more people near you (and me) used their bus services, then the companies would increase and invest in services for that demand.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(20 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm)robisdave wrote Another season of breakdowns and unreliability then coupled with the fact that those living in Guisborough and along the route of the X93 to Guisborough no longer have the back up of service 5 to Whitby and will be dependent on an hourly, subject to breakdowns etc, on the X93; even better on a Sunday! And before we have the "change buses at Loftus" argument, why should we and who wants to hang around in Loftus for these "connections?" Minimum 20 minutes weekdays, twice that on a Sunday!

If these B7TLs don't work on the X93 (let's face it I'm not expecting miracles!) then other options will have to be looked at for the summer season. That's why we've been doing these trials over the winter...

(20 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm)robisdave wrote perhaps one should be kept for prosperity?
Did you mean kept for posterity (which means keeping for future generations)? - or did you truly mean prosperity which would mean keeping for happiness, good fortune, wealth and prosperity?
Regarding "prosperity" I did get it wrong! Should be posterity. To 'tyresmoke', sorry if I speak with a touch of scepticism and why will no pick up on what I say about the issue of connections between the 4 and 5 ? People have lost employment arising from this and Arriva won't respond.
(20 Mar 2014, 10:35 pm)robisdave wrote Regarding "prosperity" I did get it wrong! Should be posterity.

Although the idiom 'keeping for posterity' is the popular phrase the alternative prosperity isn't too far away.