Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

RE: Go North East
PB0003954/565 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET
Finish Point: HEBBURN TOWN CENTRE
Via:
Service Number: 27X
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Effective Date: 02-JUN-2013
Other Details: Monday to Saturday ( except Public Holidays )
One more VOSA registration to add to the previous list:

PB0003954/565 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET
Finish Point: HEBBURN TOWN CENTRE
Via:
Service Number: 27X
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Other Details: Monday to Saturday ( except Public Holidays )

So, to sum everything up. The changes to the 99 appear to be going ahead. It looks as though GNE are persevering X3 and the 36 (not listed) although the route change on the X3 could mean that the proposed X36 service has been renumbered. And Hebburn are getting an express service into Newcastle, probably during peak times to improve the perceived sense of reliability.
(16 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote
'Cobalt Connect is a fast and frequent bus service running up to every 15 mins Monday to Friday daytimes, serving Cobalt Business Park, Silverlink Shopping Park, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate and Royal Quays.'

It seems either Go North East have given away a future frequency increase plan for the 19 or made a mistake, given it's only every 30 minutes at this current time.

Peak times it's every 15 mins though...
(16 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm)W179SCU wrote
(16 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote
'Cobalt Connect is a fast and frequent bus service running up to every 15 mins Monday to Friday daytimes, serving Cobalt Business Park, Silverlink Shopping Park, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate and Royal Quays.'

It seems either Go North East have given away a future frequency increase plan for the 19 or made a mistake, given it's only every 30 minutes at this current time.

Peak times it's every 15 mins though...

Between Northumberland Park and High Flatworth Sita (just after the Tyne Tunnel Trading Esate), not the stated destinations. Really, it's every 30 minutes all day between those points.
South Tyne 8245 making a rare appearance on Orbit this afternoon.
Sister 8242 was on the 64's.
Northern 3803 back out with its M-Ticket vinyl ad on the X25.
Odd Allocations

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
8326 on Laser 35

8289 SPD on the 9, if it still had it's now defunct Route19 branding this would of been an odd allocation.

8235 SPD on the Silver Arrows 2C

506 MPD on the Drifter 60

I've also seen an SPD on the 39 and a Street Shuttle on the M1 today.

Another update will be added later regarding what buses I have caught and have been added to GNE Buses via Brand Sets.
Site Administrator
(16 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Odd Allocations

8326 on Laser 35

8289 SPD on the 9, if it still had it's now defunct Route19 branding this would of been an odd allocation.

8235 SPD on the Silver Arrows 2C

506 MPD on the Drifter 60

I've also seen an SPD on the 39 and a Street Shuttle on the M1 today.

Another update will be added later regarding what buses I have caught and have been added to GNE Buses via Brand Sets.

Only odd allocation there is the SimpliCity Versa on the 35.
The SPD that was on the 9 was 8239 (not Chester-le-Street based 8289 as you suggested), and now that it's in "Northern" livery, it's a designated spare to be used on any service.
There is always at least one SPD on "Silver Arrows" service 2A/2C per day.
The green MPD isn't strictly speaking allocated to any service, despite it being the designated spare for the 238 service (I believe that's the case anyway). Since her resurrection, however, she has spent most of her time on the 60 - occasionally dropping in on the 39 and 238 service too.
SPD on the 39 is normal too.
GNE Buses via Brand

8325/6/7 have been added to Simplicity Set
8258/8272/8308 have been added to Drifter Set
8235/39 SPD's and 8270 Cadet and 4913 Renown have been added to Northern Set
6002 has been added to Red Arrows Set
4966 has been added to Metrolink Set
5217 has been added to Prince Bishops Set
4908 has been added to Wear Tees Xpress Set

For all other GNE Brands via Set view this link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...182824739/
Site Administrator
Ex "Route 19" Dart 8240 now reported to be in "Northern" livery.
"SimpliCity" Versa on the 1605 X3 departure from Sunderland, bound for Newcastle.
(17 Apr 2013, 3:09 pm)Daniel wrote Ex "Route 19" Dart 8240 now reported to be in "Northern" livery.
"SimpliCity" Versa on the 1605 X3 departure from Sunderland, bound for Newcastle.

8240 is indeed, turned up in Peterlee about 0915 on a "staff shuttle" as I was working the 0914 21A back to Middlesbrough Smile
Didn't have camera on me as I was going to the Jobsfare at St.James Park with a mate, but odd things I seen today were.

Nexus SR on QEH Shuttle
Pulse on Fab Fifty Seven - Very rare, must of been at Gateshead for repair work then thrown onto the 57 much like what Deptford do with East Durham MPD's
Also seen a DFDS Seaways ELC Loyne coming out of Gateshead Depot.
There was an Northern SPD/Renown on the 2A/2C which would I assume meaning a Silver Arrows Citaro on the X3 more than likely, if not elsewhere.

8240 is indeed, turned up in Peterlee about 0915 on a "staff shuttle" as I was working the 0914 21A back to Middlesbrough Smile
[/quote]

tyresmoke, what is the loadings like on the 21A Middlesbrough and Peterlee during the day and is there many tickets get issued for onward travel to Sunderland or is it all day tickets?, l live in Peterlee and the services from Arriva down here is awful.

Go North East are to brand another double-decker bus. This one is for the Festival of the North East. Below is a quote from their article:

"As part of the sponsorship deal, Go North East will bring the Festival’s visual identity - a Double Decker bus - to life. This bus, which will be in service on one of the company’s many routes, will also become an eye-catching mobile Festival venue from June".

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-company...north-east
VOSA today:

PB0002400/405 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Doxford, International, Admiral Way and Pennywell, Prestbury Road given service number 39 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/493 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: SUNDERLAND PARK INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: SUNDERLAND PARK INTERCHANGE
Via: TOWN END FARM
Service Number: 36
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Other Details

There is a coachbuilders/repairers just outside Lincoln.
I pass it regularly and although there haven't been any ex-GNE vehicles in recently, two of the ex-London Yellow Buses were in there when I last passed this week. Didnt catch reg numbers
(17 Apr 2013, 4:08 pm)cbma06 wrote
(17 Apr 2013, 3:34 pm)tyresmoke wrote

tyresmoke, what is the loadings like on the 21A Middlesbrough and Peterlee during the day and is there many tickets get issued for onward travel to Sunderland or is it all day tickets?, l live in Peterlee and the services from Arriva down here is awful.
[/quote]

There is a lot of day tickets and week tickets but the Peterlee end has definitely quietened off now the X7 goes through Wingate in front of us. Still pick up a fair few in Peterlee though for Shotton, Wingate, Deaf Hill and the Trimdons. Gets heavier usage from Trimdons, Fishburn and Sedgefield into Stockton and Middlesbrough though.
Does that mean the X7 is doing well?

Wonder what the route change is for the 39?

No details of the changes for the 36 has being posted.. wonder if they will still keep the idea of it going to Castletown etc?

Looking forward to seen the changes posted..

The 19 has being added on to changes for:

Cobalt Connect 19
Starting on Tuesday 7 May 2013, the Monday to Friday bus at 0730 from Ashington to North Shields will be retimed to leave Ashington Bus Station at 0720 and run to new times as far as Northumberland Park Metro, then to the existing times between Northumberland Park Metro and North Shields.

Timetable is the same but theres a note posted on of the change.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
I had thought that the 39 change might have had something to do with the conversion of Borough Road to two-way traffic. The roadworks are coming on really well and I think it's feasible that the works could be completed by the beginning of June. But the 42 variation yesterday is just a timetable change and that follows the same route as the 39 - so maybe not. Huh
(17 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm)Brandon wrote I had thought that the 39 change might have had something to do with the conversion of Borough Road to two-way traffic. The roadworks are coming on really well and I think it's feasible that the works could be completed by the beginning of June. But the 42 variation yesterday is just a timetable change and that follows the same route as the 39 - so maybe not. Huh

Didn't think about the road changes in Sunderland City Centre, its coming on great but the temp traffic lights don't help on peak times..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm)Adam wrote Go North East are to brand another double-decker bus. This one is for the Festival of the North East. Below is a quote from their article:

"As part of the sponsorship deal, Go North East will bring the Festival’s visual identity - a Double Decker bus - to life. This bus, which will be in service on one of the company’s many routes, will also become an eye-catching mobile Festival venue from June".

3964 I believe.
(17 Apr 2013, 8:58 pm)park5354 wrote
(17 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm)Adam wrote Go North East are to brand another double-decker bus. This one is for the Festival of the North East. Below is a quote from their article:

3964 I believe.

I haven't saw 3964 in a while mind. Should look good when the livery's applied.
If arriva is being badly affected from peterlee on 21A i'd give it another 2 months before a timetable change to run infront of the X7. Just look at the X1/OK1
(18 Apr 2013, 6:30 am)nk55 wrote If arriva is being badly affected from peterlee on 21A i'd give it another 2 months before a timetable change to run infront of the X7. Just look at the X1/OK1

There is a timetable change for the 21a due but not until July when the route at the southern end (Middlesbrough-Stockton) reverts to the original route. Could possiably re-time it then but re-time that and you also have to re-time their 21 as well.
(18 Apr 2013, 7:32 am)Kuyoyo wrote
(18 Apr 2013, 6:30 am)nk55 wrote If arriva is being badly affected from peterlee on 21A i'd give it another 2 months before a timetable change to run infront of the X7. Just look at the X1/OK1

There is a timetable change for the 21a due but not until July when the route at the southern end (Middlesbrough-Stockton) reverts to the original route. Could possiably re-time it then but re-time that and you also have to re-time their 21 as well.

The main problem with 21A is it's bad time keeping i live at Wingate it's time at my stop at 54 mins past the hour more often it doesn't land till arrive till on the hour or later or even turn up all.
The 21A if it late into Middlesbrough then it late back out.
The X7 has had it's problems with buses breaking down etc, but overall the time keeping is good and coupled with quickness in getting to Peterlee/Sunderland more people are using it.
(18 Apr 2013, 9:38 am)2bagstew wrote
(18 Apr 2013, 7:32 am)Kuyoyo wrote

The main problem with 21A is it's bad time keeping i live at Wingate it's time at my stop at 54 mins past the hour more often it doesn't land till arrive till on the hour or later or even turn up all.
The 21A if it late into Middlesbrough then it late back out.
The X7 has had it's problems with buses breaking down etc, but overall the time keeping is good and coupled with quickness in getting to Peterlee/Sunderland more people are using it.

There is definitely an issue with reliability I can't deny that, which is why investment is expected later this year, but punctuality isn't too bad, there will always be odd journeys that turn up late of course, I drove one the other day myself, but hopefully the change to the route and timings in July will help in this regard.
Site Administrator
(18 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 'Blaydon Racers' Citaro 5278 has just left Eldon Square on the 10B.

I believe it was a temporary replacement. There was a "TEN" Gemini that pulled into the Metrocentre at the same time of you posting, out of service. It stopped on the layover, and I left before it pulled out.