You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(06 Apr 2014, 12:42 pm)mrnut85 wrote Forgive me if this has been asked already but are South Shields getting any new buses?

Sorry but they aren't getting any this year Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Apr 2014, 12:42 pm)mrnut85 wrote Forgive me if this has been asked already but are South Shields getting any new buses?

yeah there's an ALX200 been withdrawn mate number 33492 if that helps Wink
(06 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm)glen123 wrote Stagecoach on Teesside are getting 25 e300s not e200s is that rigth someone say e200.

Opp's sorry must of being a typo!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(06 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Yes it is 25 E300s Glen, Michael & I have been driven round the twist today, so it is easily done.

The Fleet Numbers are somewhere in the range between 27101 & 27186. 27141 & 27142 are supposedly allocated to Stagecoach in Cumbria.

I'm I right in saying 27141/27142 are provisionally allocated to Cumbria
(06 Apr 2014, 4:52 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Is 35187 or 35188 ever coming back to south shields as 33492 has now been withdrawn with a broken Chassis. Also 35189 to replace 33492 if so. Regards Robin

33492 doesn't need replacing directly as it is a spare bus, if another bus was to replace it, it would be another spare bus from the reserve fleet
(07 Apr 2014, 4:56 pm)mrnut85 wrote Can I just clarify what new buses are expected for the North East in the coming months Wink

Oooh you tease...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(07 Apr 2014, 5:12 pm)AIG20 wrote From what I've read from previous posts, the 23 Gas Buses for Sunderland are due in May, the 2 ADL Enviro 200s for Shields may be due in July, and I guess the 25 ADL Enviro 300s for Stockton will be due sometime between July and December. However, I wonder what the "Mystery Vehicle" will be?

All of the Information is on Page 177 of this thread here. Smile

I think he was joking as a few people have ask everyday about the order but thanks for the update

Least we know a few people who won't ask every day for an update on the order
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Apr 2014, 8:10 pm)Richard Smiles wrote For anyone that may be interested, The Stagecoach Bus Handbook 2014, Published by British Bus Publishing is now available to order online at www.britishbuspublishing.co.uk at a cost of £18.75 (inc. VAT).

From the list of Categories, on the left hand side you need to click on Latest Editions or Stagecoach Buses.

This book contains every vehicle in the Stagecoach Fleet, Including Fleet Number, Registration Number & Depot Allocation.

It also includes details of The New Vehicle Orders for 2014/2015, though many of the Registration Marks (Plates) are not known now until shortly before delivery, owing to manufactures registering the vehicles, rather than operators Pre-ordering/reserving blocks of registration marks (plates) for vehicles well before delivery.

I havent got the money atm Sad
Might buy it some other time
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Apr 2014, 3:49 pm)Richard Smiles wrote In reply to AIG20's posting from late last night, which was subsequently deleted, & of which I too deleted a post, I can confirm that the New Vehicles for Stagecoach on Teesside are, as he suggested Dennis Enviro E300s with ADL Enviro 300 bodywork, the same as the vehicles allocated to South Shields (277xx) for use on the E services & are therefore NOT built on either MAN or Scania Chassis.

There are a total of 86 E300s on order for Stagecoach UK Bus in the announced 2014/2015 orders & these are numbered from 27101-27186 inclusive.

Vehicles carrying Fleet Numbers 27141 & 27142 are provisionally allocated to go to Stagecoach in Cumbria for use on the 685 service.

Vehicles carrying Fleet Numbers 27157 - 27181 (inclusive) are provisionally allocated to go to Stagecoach on Teesside.

All of the Teesside Vehicles, as I understand it will be fitted/equipped with Stagecoach WiFi.

Also "Slightly Off Topic", 41 x Enviro 200s are currently in build at Plaxton's Scarborough for Stagecoach in Cumbria, which are expected to be delivered during next month to upgrade the Carlisle Network.

These have provisionally been allocated Fleet Numbers 37086 - 37126

The Scania chassis are a ft longer and 2" wider than the 27s at Shields, little additional fact for you :p
Green Terrace roadworks – affecting Services 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 16 and 20

Due to traffic congestion caused by the ongoing roadworks along Green Terrace, westbound trips on these services are currently operating a diversionary route.

Last Updated: 08 April 2014 4:51 PM

Services 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 16, 20 from Sunderland City Centre towards Chester Road and Silksworth Row are currently diverting via Stockton Road, Mary Street and St Michaels Way.

As a result, these services are not observing the northbound bus stop on Green Terrace.

Customers seeking to access Services 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 16, 20 are therefore recommended to use the westbound bus stops on Holmeside, as these stops will always be served.

We are advised that these roadworks are expected to be completed by 14 April 2014, at which point services will revert to their normal routes.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

Services Affected: 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 16, 20

Originally Posted: 08 April 2014 4:46 PM
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The training dude on the 4, is saying how bad it gets at the bus stops near wilkinsons since they moved the 8 and 20 there..

He said they should move the 8 and 20 the 3/13 stand and move the 3/13 up to one of the stops near the post office until the work on st marys is done.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any sign of 33492 it has not been seen for a while now. the only one I have seen is 33101. Regards Robin

Going by your own post from 6.4.14

(06 Apr 2014, 4:52 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Is 35187 or 35188 ever coming back to south shields as 33492 has now been withdrawn with a broken Chassis. Also 35189 to replace 33492 if so. Regards Robin

So if it's being withdrawn... why ask again......
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any sign of 33492 it has not been seen for a while now. the only one I have seen is 33101. Regards Robin

I saw it at the depot gathering dust Tongue
22022 has been sounding terrible for a while now whilst in motion. Without knowing how serious the problem is, I can see this example being cascaded elsewhere when the new E200 arrive.
Temporary closure of Dundas Street ‘end’, affecting Services 18, 23, E1 and E6

During Wednesday 23 April 2014, the western end of Dundas Street wil be temporarily closed to allow for the safe removal of a pedestrian island.

Last Updated: 10 April 2014 4:11 PM

It is anticipated the road closure will be in place on Wednesday 23 April 2014, and remain in place overnight until the morning of Thursday 24 April 2014. During the closure period Services 18, 23, E1 and E6 will be unable to serve their normal westbound stops along Dundas Street.

During the closure period, southbound Services 18, 23, E1 and E6 will be diverted from Roker Avenue to operate via Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, observing all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Northbound services from Sunderland City Centre should be unaffected by these works. Buses running southbound along the length of North Bridge Street should also be unaffected by these works, although no traffic will be able to enter/ egress Dundas Street.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate these services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, due to the additional mileage which is required by this diversion, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to delays and disruption.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these necessary highways improvement works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

Services Affected: 18, 23

Originally Posted: 10 April 2014 4:07 PM
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2014, 4:52 pm)Half Pint wrote Just to let you know 33492 will NOT be getting repaired

If only we could pin this to the top of the forum window Tongue
(10 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Looks like 33101 will be last to survive as 33491's PSV is due to expire in July & then its for withdrawal. Though it is actually taxed until December this year.

PSV?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(10 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Looks like 33101 will be last to survive as 33491's PSV is due to expire in July & then its for withdrawal. Though it is actually taxed until December this year.

Now you say that, 33101 will go up in flames or something!
(10 Apr 2014, 5:44 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Call it the Bus Version of a Car MOT Annual Test Michael.

Public Service Vehicle (Test)

Ah should of known that, cheers!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
This news might give hints as to when Stockton will start receiving their E300s - but Stagecoach's newsletter has allowed drivers and other member of Stockton's staff to confirm the date for the Open Day at Stockton depot as Sunday 28th September 2014
(10 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm)AIG20 wrote So they may start arriving from early to mid September; since fleet numbers, interior notice boards, tax discs and so on will have to be applied and sorted out before they can carry passengers.

BIB: Paper Tax Discs are being phased out this year, in fact I'd be surprised if the E300s aren't the first SNE vehicles not to have them.
(10 Apr 2014, 8:51 pm)AIG20 wrote Well, at least the Stockton staff, and the Stagecoach on Teesside passengers really have something to look forward to. As most of those "old bangers" (once said by an angry passenger on the SNE twitter page), will be biting the dust.

Everyone loves a new bus, but you do tend to miss the old ones once they've gone.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(10 Apr 2014, 9:36 pm)AIG20 wrote Yeah, I absolutely hated the Volvo B10BLEs when they worked on the "E" services, but I was delighted to see them back during Summer 2012 when the Enviro 300s were on their "summer holiday" in London.

I agree. With the E's being my local route, I never really thought much of the B10BLEs, B10Ms or even the Olympians when they were on the routes. However, like AIG20, I did enjoy having the B10BLE's back in Shields during the Olympic period.

I wasn't really into buses as such until after the Olympics, so I made the great error of thinking that the MAN ALX300s (that had arrived during the Summer of 2011) were simply refurbished versions of the B10BLEs that I had previously rode on :').

Indeed it was great to have a few rides on 21156 and 33492 (speak of the devil) last summer when they strayed onto the E's for various reasons.

My greatest experience on the Economics in recent times however, was when I managed to catch a ride on one of the E400's whilst it was on the E6 (around December 2012). The views were superb from the top deck as I looked over Whitburn Golf Course towards the coast (bringing a real nostalgic feel).

Now after that short life story, I'd better call it a night...