Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
Streetlite in service today: exterior shot, interior shot.

A "SimpliCity" branded Versa has been on the same board (16:05 departure from Park Lane) for the past two days now. Photos given below:
8320 - 18/04/13
8323 - 17/04/13

And finally, an update on the Go North East: Buses By Brand collection...
Nexus: 634 [R], MetroLINK: 4956, [A] and 4965 [R], Washington Street Shuttle: 570 [A], Northern: 3972 [A].

[A] - Added
[R] - Replaced.
VOSA today 19/4/13:

PB0002400/291 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle New Bridge Street given service number 56 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Durham University Hospital Of North Durham given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/307 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Parkside Heathway given service number 60 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/383 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Washington, Galleries Bus Station given service number 2A/2C effective from 07-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/436 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Hetton , Grasmere Terrace or Low Moorsley front street and South Shields Market given service number 35 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/442 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X3 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/386 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 78/78A/X78 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/505 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between North Shields Rudyard Street and Sunderland Park Lane interchange given service number 9 effective from 13-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

(19 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm)Liam wrote 3964 (NK06 JXC) now carries 'Festival of the North East' branding:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamrichard...otostream/

Damn enthusiasts haha!
Its been quietly kept quietly under wraps for a good week and shutters have been down quite a bit to hide it :L

Mixed bag around today. Most notable being:
Northern 4837 on Angel this afternoon http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamsonm...hotostream

Highwayman 5228 on 58 due to a Citylink being on X66
http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamsonm...otostream/
(19 Apr 2013, 6:29 pm)Liam wrote I have noticed they are keeping the shutters down lately. I assumed getting there earlier in the day would guarantee the shutters being up, but no, just one open to allow 4945 to leave. Once the engineer seen me, he called for the shutter to be closed again Undecided

Its very much like the old green and white Northern livery which is what sprung to mind of those who had seen it. It does look quite a chaotic livery in full, very smart though.
6038/6040 have been added to GNE Pronto X21 set as Duplicates - Note 6040 broke down in Chester le Street today. As can be seen below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
and 6038 was seen coming out of Chester le Street going into Chester le Street to operate Angel 21 to Newcastle.
I did try and get another photo in Chester but lighting conditions weren't great as the bus was in the shade.

4993 was also seen in Chester le Street Depot, it has since been moved from Saltmeadows, but remains withdrawn, no idea whether it'll be fixed or not.

3865 and 3874 have added to 100 years of Northern set. They were caught on Scholars Services which will lead to a new Set being made to accommodate any other Scholars photos.

I also seen a Northern Renown on the 21 which mistakenly thought was the 28 in Birtley whilst on my Bike, so didn't get a photo.
(19 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I also seen a Northern Renown on the 21 which mistakenly thought was the 28 in Birtley whilst on my Bike, so didn't get a photo.

Was that around 3ish?

I used to finish work in Birtley and there was always a random single decker appearing that used to go out of service at Gateshead and then get taken off at Chester. Always short working

Always assumed it was one of the dupes they have registered to support peak time.

Birtley traffic awful at the moment due to permanent cones on the A1 from Chester to Lobley Hill for overnight works
Further to the post I made about the two ex-GNE Yellow Buses just outside Lincoln. Although I havent been past the place again, I have been informed that the business in question, which I thought was a coachworks similar to Thorntons - is actually www.bhiuk.com/.
They retrofit seatbelts to buses.
After standing an hour and 15 mins at Heworth waiting for the streetlite, which didn't turn up, I spoke to 3 different drivers in that time to see where it was and also had abit of banter and apparently the 8 New Streetlites for Gateshead will be here in October for the Saltwell Park, I would guess it will be the same timeframe for the ones for Sunderland also as part of the Greenbus Fund.

Apparently this bid would been rejected if GNE didn't agree to trade in the Artics on the 58, so basically come October expect those to be gone, hence why there are demos being tested on the 58. Also once the Streetlite has gone there will be a Volvo Demo coming for trial. The make wasn't specified, but one would assume it will be either a Gemini2/Pulsar2 or the new 7900 which First Essex and Lothian have just bought respectively.

Can anyone else who actually works for GNE on this page actually confirm this information for me please, I've also posted this on Bazza Houstons Page also, so any info I get back, i'll post on here also.
I was told by 3 drivers I spoke to at Heworth whilst waiting at Heworth, it's been confirmed on Bazza Houstons Page that this rumour might be true as there has been a lot of talk among drivers etc apparently. according to Michael Kirsopp who commented on my post on that forum. So there 4 people who have said this. So therefore it can't be nonsense can it.
I thought the Streetlites And the Citaros were part of GreenBusFund Bid, I didn't say thats what the driver said although it may of came across that away. Apologies there, but other than that it isn't nonsense at all as 4 people have said that.
Once again I apologise Rob, just little misunderstanding with the way I had it typed out. The Volvo Demo might be a 7900 like what First and Lothian have according to those who have commented on the same post on a different forum. But the rumour does seem to be true. Question is what going to happen with the Saltwell Park Versas once the Streetlites come in October.

8216 on the M1, Thought this had been withdrawn at Washington also 4949 on the Orbit 52 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Site Administrator
(20 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm)Rob wrote
(20 Apr 2013, 8:01 pm)aureolin wrote Where's your source then Rob? Seeing as you're very quick to shoot anyone else down?

I am my own source, but as you seemingly do not want to know any details, I shall no longer provide any of my knowledge be it actual details or hints.

I would politely ask you do not make such an irrational decision, Rob. The majority of our members value your posts greatly as it's fairly common knowledge amongst us that you represent Go North East.
You have proven to be a committed member to the group, and it would be a shame to see you go over one or two small disagreements which are found in every community.

I hope you reconsider. Smile
I'm willing to bet "Rob" is involved at a higher level than most people on this forum so I suggest people take note of what he has to say... It is always good to have insiders on a forum and I would suggest that people do not risk losing such sources!
Regular
(20 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Once again I apologise Rob, just little misunderstanding with the way I had it typed out. The Volvo Demo might be a 7900 like what First and Lothian have according to those who have commented on the same post on a different forum. But the rumour does seem to be true. Question is what going to happen with the Saltwell Park Versas once the Streetlites come in October.

8216 on the M1, Thought this had been withdrawn at Washington also 4949 on the Orbit 52 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

8219 has been withdrawn from Washington not 8216 as this SPD came to replace it at Washington for spare/covers/breakdown/random/
(20 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm)Daniel wrote I would politely ask you do not make such an irrational decision, Rob. The majority of our members value your posts greatly as it's fairly common knowledge amongst us that you represent Go North East.
You have proven to be a committed member to the group, and it would be a shame to see you go over one or two small disagreements which are found in every community.

I wouldn't say it's a disagreement? and knowledge is not an excuse for bad manners.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(20 Apr 2013, 8:30 pm)aureolin wrote
(20 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm)Daniel wrote I would politely ask you do not make such an irrational decision, Rob. The majority of our members value your posts greatly as it's fairly common knowledge amongst us that you represent Go North East.

I wouldn't say it's a disagreement? and knowledge is not an excuse for bad manners.

Rob was not particularly bad mannered - he was blunt. I have a terrible habit of explaining things in far too much depth, and end up droaning on a tad. Rob's posting style is the complete opposite of that.
If Adam's post were worded differently, Rob would not have responded in such a blunt manner. This was previously established in Post 1800 and Post 1801.

He wasn't 'shooting anyone down' as suggested by yourself in Post 1802. Although unlikely, Adam's post could have tarnished the reputation of Go North East, and as our Go North East representative, I can understand completely why Rob sort of defended Go North East a little, and explained to us his knowledge to reflect this. He did it with the Optare attacks the other week. He explained what the problems were, opposed to just claiming that GNE won't buy Optare again.

I wasn't just referring to your comments with Rob as a 'disagreement', but Adam's too. If you weren't to call them a 'disagreement', what would you call them?
To be honest im not surprised Rob doesnt want to post on here anymore after reading the last few messages. This forum has several members who think they know more about Go North East than those who actually work for the company. It will be a shame if Rob doesnt post anymore info on this forum as he is one of the few members who works for GNE and posts relevent information regarding fleet movements/upgrades etc, which would otherwise just be speculation till it occured.
Site Administrator
We can only hope that Rob's departure from the site is not permanent.
The administration team have said from Day 1 that we do not have any strict posting regulations to encourage participation from all members as much as possible, but recently, the site has witnessed a lot of bitchiness between members - something we have also wanted to avoid from Day 1. Perhaps it would be better for some posting rules to be enforced? Somewhat hypocritical coming from me, I hear you all saying... I try my best to refrain from posting in such a manner which could be perceived as bitchy et cetera, et cetera - promise! Wink

If you have any suggestions, feel free to PM any of us (Liam, Brandon, W179SCU or I). Or even post 'em on the appropriate section on the forum!

Until then, I think we should get back on-topic. We've slowly drifted away from Go North East. Smile
Thing is I posted what I posted on bazzas forum also and the people who've commented had no problem understanding what I had posted, I apologised to Rob if I mislead him in want I meant twice and even said it could of been worded a little better.

Quotes of me apologising -I didn't say thats what the driver said although it may of came across that away. Apologies there, but other than that it isn't nonsense at all as 4 people have said that.

Once again I apologise Rob, just little misunderstanding with the way I had it typed out.

That's where it should've ended, I didn't have a problem with Rob said at all otherwise I would of said like I have been known to do so in the past.

Obviously Aureolin Comment has resulted in a valued member and also a GNE inside source being reluctant to make any further comments, I also would like to ask Rob to reconsider and also Aureolin to apologise for his comment so this situation can be solved and we can move on,

I think these users who constantly cause problems should be removed but that isn't my decision thats down to the Admin Team. When I first joined this Forum it had a nice friendly atmosphere to it, hence why I joined. But now it's morely in the past month has become unsettled by petty disputes over what for e.g. i've posted this evening. Just because they disagree.
Here I come on to say that a Simplicity Versa is working the N56 and there seems to be all out war.

People are entitled to post what they want. If they are given information, which isn't deemed to be true, it doesnt mean they need to be shot down and accused of posting 'nonsense'.
I have been accused of posting 'nonsense' by the same Rob recently, yet what I posted has yet to be disproven.

The whole point of a forum like this, is to provoke discussion and debate - not to be shot down, by someone 'in the know' who alegedly knows much more than anybody else.

If Adam is given information by a number of drivers and repeats it on here - what is wrong with that?
Grovelling up to an employee of GNE so that information is subsequently passed on is embaressing.

As for the Optare comments - if a member of the forum has been provided information by a member of the GNE Management Team on the Open Line, another member (myself)adds to that, regarding the build quality, yet is accused of posting 'nonsense' - what are we supposed to do? Not say anything incase we are accused of posting 'nonsense' and subsequently upset an insider of GNE staff?
Site Administrator
(20 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm)Daniel wrote Until then, I think we should get back on-topic. We've slowly drifted away from Go North East. Smile

Ends here. Adam summed it up in a nutshell - he apologised to Rob before for the misinterperation of what he said, and it should have ended there.

The other administrators have stayed out of this one and I've voiced the opinions of the ones I was speaking to at the time of the misunderstanding yesterday evening. I'll leave it to them to decide whether or not to delete these previous posts or not.

As for the N56, that must be pretty rare! I know I've heard folk in the past discuss that seeing a Versa on the N58 is not particularly uncommon, but I've not heard anything about the N56 before! I've only ever seen the N56 once and it was a Scania if my memory serves me.
Lord Adonis report incl. Integrated Transport via LA7:
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/files/28979

It seems the report from Lord Adonis is proposing a fully integrated and regulated transport system throughout the LA7 area (Nexus [Tyne & Wear] plus Northumberland and Durham council areas) This will include better Zonal pricing (examples given show GNE pricing as High! And even higher than Arriva or Stagecoach for similar length journeys in the North East) and smart cards to be of a standard higher than the Oyster card system used in London.

New payment technologies to be embraced with daily maximum fare limits should also be embraced eg. Visa Contactless Pay wave cards etc... - Greater Manchester area is given as a good example of a similar wider conurbation of smaller neighbouring councils coming together to boost the wider region.

Bus liveries would adopt a universal brand similar to London Transport Buses (but not Nexus, as this would be superseded by a new authority encompassing Tyne & Wear, County Durham & Northumberland Council areas [LA7], and would probably adopt a new brand.

Presumably if this goes ahead as recommended by Lord Adonis, GNE’s numerous branded routes would disappear, with the new “Nexus” contracting routes to the bus companies via competitive tendering linked to a Quality Service Contract. – In some respect this may be a good thing:

-Newer Buses
-Better Pricing
-Extended to County Durham & Northumberland
-Tickets valid on ALL Operators’’ buses, Local Trains, Metro, North Shields Ferry
-Less confusing for visitors to the region

Get rid of GNE Branded buses (+/-)
- Express Routes and some Key routes may be better remaining (-)
- Many branded buses recently are operating on other routes which can confuse users (+)

Is there anything to suggest this report and its effects are being taken into account by GNE and other operators etc...?
(21 Apr 2013, 8:47 am)Rob wrote After some discussion, I thought I would confirm what Adam was trying to say.

The Mercedes Citaro are being replaced next year. Strong relationships with Wrightbus already exist, with a vast batch of new vehicles from Wrightbus planned over the next 12 month. These vehicles are due to start arriving throughout autumn, continuing into next year. They will include Streetlite and Gemini-bodied vehicles. There will also be a flurry of other vehicles, including the sourced Citaro for Metrolink services, and further vehicles to replace 'School Bus' Olympians. Further demonstrations will continue to take place, to source alternative fuelled vehicles and vehicles of a Euro 6 specification.

We are also planning a number of minibus vehicles later in the year to begin the replacement of the vast volume of MPD vehicles current in the fleet.

Is that all the citaro's or just the artics on the 58?, missed most of the discussion as ive being to manchester?

Glad to see the mpds will be replaced a lot of them are rattly and rather horrid ride.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Apr 2013, 12:09 pm)Michael wrote Is that all the citaro's or just the artics on the 58?, missed most of the discussion as ive being to manchester?

Just the Arctics I would think, considering new Citaros are coming for the M1 later this year Smile
Rob, will we see the ex London B7s being replaced on the pronto and the old west durham swift routes with new vehicles?
I don't suppose anyone has an inkling for the Waggonway replacements yet?

Seen an interesting mix the past few days, assume some of the WW are poorly again.

I've yet to be on a bus that can cope with Long Bank in Eighton Banks