You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Kingsleys
(14 Feb 2014, 9:40 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Is this Service 33 supposed be competition for the X40, As noticed Hollywood Avenue is in Gosforth, or is it a Nexus Contract and I must say it's Great to see Kingsley's operating a proper Bus Service rather than Scholars/Works Services and Coach Hire, Hopefully they will get some more Services.

It's the exact same as the current Stagecoach 33 - secured by Nexus. Stagecoach appear to have given it up to allow buses to be freed up; hence allowing further ALX200 withdrawal.
(14 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm)Dan wrote It's the exact same as the current Stagecoach 33 - secured by Nexus. Stagecoach appear to have given it up to allow buses to be freed up; hence allowing further ALX200 withdrawal.

It went up for tender some point in 2013 too but I assume Stagecoach suddenly decided it was viable again... Obviously they've now dropped it again. Various other parts of the "Newcastle Dart network" are up for tender too, along with a new evening service 71A.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(14 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote It went up for tender some point in 2013 too but I assume Stagecoach suddenly decided it was viable again... Obviously they've now dropped it again. Various other parts of the "Newcastle Dart network" are up for tender too, along with a new evening service 71A.

What's up for tender then? Hopefully some independent companies will get some Smile
(14 Feb 2014, 9:55 pm)Tom wrote What's up for tender then? Hopefully some independent companies will get some Smile

That Nexus list I posted in the tender discussion thread will give a lot of clues away. Anything with 6-12 months remaining in contract length you'd expect to be in the process.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Does anyone have a more definite idea of what Kingsley's will be using on the 33 and is there any likelihood that they will ever be in Nexus livery?
(18 Mar 2014, 8:20 pm)Mark1 wrote Does anyone have a more definite idea of what Kingsley's will be using on the 33 and is there any likelihood that they will ever be in Nexus livery?

Kingsleys are out on the 33 today with Evolutions 104 & 106.
Site Administrator
(24 Mar 2014, 11:57 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Kingsleys are out on the 33 today with Evolutions 104 & 106.

Will be interesting to see what's operating the scholars which 106 is usually allocated to! Will provide an update @ 4pm, providing I do see it.
Site Administrator
(24 Mar 2014, 1:00 pm)Dan wrote Will be interesting to see what's operating the scholars which 106 is usually allocated to! Will provide an update @ 4pm, providing I do see it.

First time I've seen it today. Was one of the recently purchased red and white deckers - didn't catch the reg as my E2 is packed.
(07 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)Dan wrote Former Lothian Dart 109 appeared on the 33 today - as shown here.

Wonder if they'll paint any vehicles in nexus battleship grey Livery or are nexus not really bothering to specify that buses need to be uniform?, if the latter is the case it makes me wonder about the finer points in the QCS case.
(07 Apr 2014, 9:37 pm)nk55 wrote Wonder if they'll paint any vehicles in nexus battleship grey Livery or are nexus not really bothering to specify that buses need to be uniform?, if the latter is the case it makes me wonder about the finer points in the QCS case.

Seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another.....
Site Administrator
(07 Apr 2014, 9:37 pm)nk55 wrote Wonder if they'll paint any vehicles in nexus battleship grey Livery or are nexus not really bothering to specify that buses need to be uniform?, if the latter is the case it makes me wonder about the finer points in the QCS case.

I'm guessing not! I don't think the Dart is even compliant with the Euro spec, but I'm sure Scott could remind us what it was?
(08 Apr 2014, 5:15 am)Dan wrote I'm guessing not! I don't think the Dart is even compliant with the Euro spec, but I'm sure Scott could remind us what it was?

Euro 3?
(08 Apr 2014, 5:14 am)citaro5284 wrote Seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another.....

Can just see it if, god forbid QCS come in, the "little operators" will run around in their livery & the big 3 (if stagecoach dont pack up & leave) will be required to paint all buses lol.
Re: RE: Kingsleys
(08 Apr 2014, 5:14 am)citaro5284 wrote Seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another.....

Yep. I think I'll put an FOI in later to see how many fines have been handed out for breach of contract, in each of the categories; I.e. Wrong vehicle type, wrong livery, blinds not working, etc.
(08 Apr 2014, 1:52 pm)aureolin wrote Yep. I think I'll put an FOI in later to see how many fines have been handed out for breach of contract, in each of the categories; I.e. Wrong vehicle type, wrong livery, blinds not working, etc.

Can tell you, GNE is pretty high for non compliance that is for sure....
Site Administrator
(08 Apr 2014, 3:07 pm)citaro5284 wrote Can tell you, GNE is pretty high for non compliance that is for sure....

Certainly is the case at Riverside...!

In other news, 250 is the first President to have been repainted into corporate livery.
Re: RE: Kingsleys
(26 Apr 2014, 10:39 pm)AIG20 wrote I know about that service, as I was a student at that school. Though, it seems confusing having two different services with the same number in the same area.

It's confusing that any two services in one traffic area should have the same number, as there's over 1000 different combinations that could be used. But that's another argument. Smile
There was talk about the ex-Lothian Darts and where they appear not too long ago (if I remember correctly) - one does a Biddick/St Roberts Scholars.

Saw it coming from the Herrington direction going towards the Washington Highway this morning.
Cant remember the number.

edit: After looking at both schools timetables, it appears to have been the 441.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote There was talk about the ex-Lothian Darts and where they appear not too long ago (if I remember correctly) - one does a Biddick/St Roberts Scholars.

Saw it coming from the Herrington direction going towards the Washington Highway this morning.
Cant remember the number.

edit: After looking at both schools timetables, it appears to have been the 441.

There's been a fairly recent change of allocations as a result of Kinglsey's gaining the service 33 contract.

Previously the two Evolutions were allocated to scholars 451 and Nexus-secured service 960. Scholars 451 is now operated by one of the (now not so) recently gained red and white deckers, while service 960 is operated by the ex-Lothian Dart.
I guess that the Lothian Dart must work service 441 after doing service 960.
(28 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm)Dan wrote There's been a fairly recent change of allocations as a result of Kinglsey's gaining the service 33 contract.

Previously the two Evolutions were allocated to scholars 451 and Nexus-secured service 960. Scholars 451 is now operated by one of the (now not so) recently gained red and white deckers, while service 960 is operated by the ex-Lothian Dart.
I guess that the Lothian Dart must work service 441 after doing service 960.

The 441 starts from Ryhope at 7.55, so as long as that fits in with the 960, then you could be right.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 5:09 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The 441 starts from Ryhope at 7.55, so as long as that fits in with the 960, then you could be right.

Timetable for service 960 here. Starts at South Shields at 06:56am and terminates at Waterview Park at 07:55am.
Same driver does it every day (or just about every day), and he regularly posts photographs on Facebook of the ex-Lothian Dart on it - he previously posted photographs of the Evolutions on it before Kingsleys took over service 33.
(28 Apr 2014, 5:12 pm)Dan wrote Timetable for service 960 here. Starts at South Shields at 06:56am and terminates at Waterview Park at 07:55am.
Same driver does it every day (or just about every day), and he regularly posts photographs on Facebook of the ex-Lothian Dart on it - he previously posted photographs of the Evolutions on it before Kingsleys took over service 33.

Well it cant be that then.
Here is the timetable for the 441.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 5:32 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Well it cant be that then.
Here is the timetable for the 441.

Guessing you caught a rare/odd working on service 441 then!

I don't know all of the scholars that Kingsley's operate to put together all of the allocations, but the ones I know for definite are given below:
  • Service 33 - Evolutions 104/106.
  • Service 451 - ALX400 252 (although 253 can pop up), previously allocated Evolution 106 and very rarely an ex-Lothian "Harlequin" liveried Trident.
  • Service 960 - Dart 109, previously allocated Evolution 104.
  • Unknown Scholar near Chester Rd - "Auto Panels" liveried ALX400
(28 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm)Dan wrote Guessing you caught a rare/odd working on service 441 then!

I don't know all of the scholars that Kingsley's operate to put together all of the allocations, but the ones I know for definite are given below:
  • Service 451 - ALX400 252 (although 253 can pop up), previously allocated Evolution 106 and very rarely an ex-Lothian "Harlequin" liveried Trident.

Doubt I will be along that way for a while at that time anyway - so may remain a mystery for now.

One of the green alx400s does a Lord Lawson scholars from Wrekenton and does a short run around Birtley before going back to the school.
An ex London (Metroline?) President and a Harlequin President do some Washington runs too, before heading back to the depot about 8.30.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm)Dan wrote Guessing you caught a rare/odd working on service 441 then!

And I managed to catch a rare/odd working on service 960 this evening!

[Image: 14312549803_01a4b925d5.jpg]
See full version here.

Ex-Lothian President 249 was allocated instead of the usual ex-Lothian Dart.
The A-line Marshall Dart is still on the scholars to St Roberts, which runs onto a scholars to Lord Lawson.

Saw it a few times this morning.