You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(11 Apr 2014, 6:43 am)Richard Smiles wrote It is interesting to note that Reading Transport has recently received its latest batch of GAS Buses or at least Scania's which carry body numbers D318/01 etc.

This is of interest to me, as I understand the Body Numbers for the
next batch of GAS buses for Stagecoach in Sunderland 28018 - 28040 are D319/01 etc. up to D319/23, i.e next on the Production line and no doubt currently in build, given the expected delivery next month.

=D, that's good, wonder if they will arrive in 2's or 3s etc
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Apr 2014, 6:48 am)Michael wrote =D, that's good, wonder if they will arrive in 2's or 3s etc

Knowing how ADL work it's generally 5 a week

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(10 Apr 2014, 5:43 pm)AIG20 wrote I actually very much doubt 33101 will be heading to the scrap yard when it is withdrawn since so many people, including me, would like to see it preserved - mainly because it was the "first" low floor vehicle that entered service with Stagecoach Busways.

Not promising anything but watch this space, all I'm saying Wink
(11 Apr 2014, 10:23 am)AIG20 wrote Very regularly, the X34 ends up being delayed. Usually it is because of traffic or a mechanical failure; however this time it was delayed due to an "incident with a pigeon!" (according to the SNE twitter page).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dexQhvczVeM
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Apr 2014, 10:23 am)AIG20 wrote Very regularly, the X34 ends up being delayed. Usually it is because of traffic or a mechanical failure; however this time it was delayed due to an "incident with a pigeon!" (according to the SNE twitter page).

19196 windscreen got smashed by a pigeon
Site Administrator
(11 Apr 2014, 12:06 pm)Half Pint wrote 19196 windscreen got smashed by a pigeon

You've gotta laugh...
(11 Apr 2014, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote You've gotta laugh...

Not really, that's a bus off the road we need at a depot which may have 1 or 2 buses spare, it's caused people and the service to be late, the 11:40 service cancelled and that = lost mileage which is never good.

So no not really...
(11 Apr 2014, 11:03 pm)benambro wrote you never know, thats what the mystery vehicle could be Wink

(07 Apr 2014, 5:40 pm)Richard Smiles wrote I don't want to go into a long winded explanation & the reasons behind it, but the Mystery Vehicle is a possible third E200 for South Shields.

Shows people don't look back - what the mystery 51st vehicle is has already been posted here.

As for E400s for Shields, I would hesitate to say Slatyford weren't too happy to be losing 3 E400s never mind adding another 2 to that (then on top of 3 more later moving back to Walkergate to assist in converting the last remaining of their services serving the city centre (X63) to decker operation).
people get so wound up so easily! I think the 'Wink' would hint to it being a cheeky comment from what has recently being happening... oh and why we are here do people know if South Shields are getting any ALX200's/ALX300's?
TaBig Grin
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(11 Apr 2014, 9:38 pm)Half Pint wrote Not really, that's a bus off the road we need at a depot which may have 1 or 2 buses spare, it's caused people and the service to be late, the 11:40 service cancelled and that = lost mileage which is never good.

So no not really...

Lighten up, my friend. It's not something which is reported every day - step out of the bus scene bubble and laugh.
Site Administrator
To answer someone from a few days ago - 10000 is still at Newcastle and on 38s today.
(11 Apr 2014, 9:38 pm)Half Pint wrote Not really, that's a bus off the road we need at a depot which may have 1 or 2 buses spare, it's caused people and the service to be late, the 11:40 service cancelled and that = lost mileage which is never good.

So no not really...

If it had been an Arriva COO Dart now that would have been funny....
(12 Apr 2014, 9:21 am)AIG20 wrote Everyone knows, including me, that South Shields are getting three Euro 5 engined ADL Enviro 200s that are expected to be delivered in July - which are expected to replace three existing MAN ALX300s.

The thing about the E400s was just a thought, not something repetitive by the way. Wink

I apologise if I have upset anybody, as I would never mean to upset anyone.

How do you know they are Euro 5 spec Big Grin
(12 Apr 2014, 6:24 am)Richard Smiles wrote Actually, I & Tony are correct, it is likely to be a third E200 for South Shields. It is reaching the point now whereby, I will just Privately Email certain members to keep them up to date rather than let the entire Forum know.

Email sounds like a good plan Wink
Site Administrator
(12 Apr 2014, 4:02 pm)mrnut85 wrote Email sounds like a good plan Wink

Why encourage the option of private e-mailing? It is not the best option of the two... Huh
Some of your friends may be against this website because it's moderated by such a "splendid" soul as myself, but you needn't stoop so low.

Richard - everyone does appreciate the information you give out on the forum. On this occasion, benambro was joking. As well as others, I suspect he knew exactly what the current plan was (i.e. 3x E200s). There are some members of the forum who mightn't have seen that post or haven't quite understood what you've said. As frustrating as repeating things is; there are reasons why people mightn't understand, might ask questions continuously, or something similar.
(12 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Does anyone know how the Newcastle 32/32As work since the withdrawal of the 33? Does the 32 just wait 24 mins on Market Street then run onto 32A, or is something more efficient in place?

i have seen the 32/32A been rather average since Kingsley took over on 33 canny good company by the way
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(12 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Does anyone know how the Newcastle 32/32As work since the withdrawal of the 33? Does the 32 just wait 24 mins on Market Street then run onto 32A, or is something more efficient in place?

They interwork with the 35.

So for example,
32A City Centre - Four Lane Ends - Kenton Bar - Benwell - City Centre (08:58-10:31)
35: City Centre - Red House Farm - City Centre (10:35-1127)
32: City Centre - Benwell - Kenton Bar - Four Lane Ends - City Centre (11:31-13:04)
35: City Centre - Red House Farm - City Centre (13:05-1357)
Then back onto the 32A's.
It's the 32A that runs onto the 35 (as in the first part of your example), rather than the 32. So the 13:05 35 departure would be worked by the 11:28 32A that arrives 13:01 at Pilgrim Street.

(12 Apr 2014, 10:24 pm)Tom wrote They interwork with the 35.

So for example,
32A City Centre - Four Lane Ends - Kenton Bar - Benwell - City Centre (08:58-10:31)
35: City Centre - Red House Farm - City Centre (10:35-1127)
32: City Centre - Benwell - Kenton Bar - Four Lane Ends - City Centre (11:31-13:04)
35: City Centre - Red House Farm - City Centre (13:05-1357)
Then back onto the 32A's.
(13 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote When are these 3 new E400's coming to South Shields. Regards Robin

Where's the facepalm smiles when you need it Angry

South Shields are due to receive 2 E200s (37143/4) in July to replace 2 of their MAN ALX300s. A third one may be joining them (might be one of the as-yet unconfirmed allocated 37236-79 or even receive 37145 reallocated from its currently bound home of Barnsley with them receiving one of 37236-79). All the ADL E400s on this year's order outside of London are for Manchester's Shareton depot.
(13 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Where's the facepalm smiles when you need it Angry

South Shields are due to receive 2 E200s (37143/4) in July to replace 2 of their MAN ALX300s. A third one may be joining them (might be one of the as-yet unconfirmed allocated 37236-79 or even receive 37145 reallocated from its currently bound home of Barnsley with them receiving one of 37236-79). All the ADL E400s on this year's order outside of London are for Manchester's Shareton depot.

Due to a potential increase in PVR they may not replace any buses
(13 Apr 2014, 7:45 pm)mrnut85 wrote Due to a potential increase in PVR they may not replace any buses

Could the potential increase in PVR be based on the tendering for the evening 88/88A service?
It would be good to see Stagecoach in South Shields extend their footprint in to Hebburn giving them a presence in all parts of South Tyneside.
(14 Apr 2014, 7:18 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Could the potential increase in PVR be based on the tendering for the evening 88/88A service?
It would be good to see Stagecoach in South Shields extend their footprint in to Hebburn giving them a presence in all parts of South Tyneside.

I think last time, it was Jarrow to South Shields only... however, the service was numbered 18A, I think? Not sure if that's changed though, and the route will continue to Hebburn and Lukes Lane Estate.
Twitter Photo Competition

Spot an Easter chick on one of our buses and tweet your photo for a chance to win 7 days free travel...find details here

Last Updated: 14 April 2014 12:17 PM

Competition Rules:

To take part in the Stagecoach Chick Photo Twitter competition, all entrants should follow @stagecoachNE and have tweeted their photo, with a mention of @stagecoachNE, by midday on Wednesday 23rd April 2014.
The winners will be notified by Wednesday 30th April 2014, by direct message (DM) on Twitter and winners must reply via DM to claim their prize.
The promoter is Stagecoach North East and queries should be directed to: northeast.enquiries@stagecoachbus.com or posted to Twitter chick photo competition, Stagecoach North East, Wheatsheaf, Sunderland SR5 1AQ
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
Winners will be selected by the Stagecoach marketing and Communications Team, who will choose their favourites. The winners’ names will be available from the Marketing Department at the above address on receipt of a stamped self-addressed envelope.
We reserve the right to feature any photographs and the name and home district of the prize winners on buses, in company publications/websites or releases to the media.
Winners will be supplied with their chosen 7-week Stagecoach North East megarider ticket on a smartcard.
The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This competition is not open to employees of Stagecoach and their families, associated agents or anyone connected to the competition.
No cash alternative is available and the prizes are not exchangeable or refundable.
Standard Stagecoach terms and conditions apply to use of the megarider tickets.
Entry into the prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.

Originally Posted: 14 April 2014 12:16 PM

Its the same on all the pages so iv'e removed the services affected
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Apr 2014, 7:18 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Could the potential increase in PVR be based on the tendering for the evening 88/88A service?

Simple answer is no lol
(14 Apr 2014, 7:25 pm)AIG20 wrote South Shields MAN E200 39705 sounds absolutely awful. Its belt is squeaking like mad when it accelerates; and it certainly does not sound like a healthy MAN E200 at all. I've got a feeling that if it does not get sorted very soon, the engineers may have a major VOR on their hands!

It's a slipping belt, nothing major