You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Scotland Bus Operations

RE: Lothian Buses
(05 Apr 2014, 6:35 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote First Leeds have proposed to Buy 200 of them under a New Bus for Leeds Concept to oppose suggested plans for West Yorkshires PTE Metros New Generation Transport Plan for a Rapid Transport Line using Trolleybuses. If you read this months copy of Buses Magazine you'll find this information.

Propose - that's all they're doing at present. I have read that article several times on-line (where it was first announced).
I've read that Lothian are getting new buses (I'm guessing to replace the Darts/Presidents), and am wondering if anyone has any specific details about the order?
Site Administrator
(15 Apr 2014, 8:53 am)Tom wrote I've read that Lothian are getting new buses (I'm guessing to replace the Darts/Presidents), and am wondering if anyone has any specific details about the order?

Due to enter service in around a month.

I don't have specific details, but I know the 49 is in-line for an upgrade to double deckers - obviously releasing the Volvo B7RLEs (to replace Darts?), hence why these vehicles are being de-branded out of Queen of Scots livery.
There are some single deck hybrid buses (grant from Scottish Green Bus Fund) coming in summer too, though I don't know which service these are for.
RE: Scotland Bus Operations
(15 Apr 2014, 9:08 am)Dan wrote Due to enter service in around a month.

I don't have specific details, but I know the 49 is in-line for an upgrade to double deckers - obviously releasing the Volvo B7RLEs (to replace Darts?), hence why these vehicles are being de-branded out of Queen of Scots livery.
There are some single deck hybrid buses (grant from Scottish Green Bus Fund) coming in summer too, though I don't know which service these are for.

20 more Volvo 7900H's which I think would replace the Darts on the 36 and other Dennis Dart SPD Routes, as for the Vehicles due to Arrive Next Month, I have no idea as it's the first I have read about it. i think the 49 will use whatever Deckers are Spare in the Depot, when I went over to Central, it looked like there was a lot of Geminis sitting spare in the Main Garage.
Site Administrator
(17 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 20 more Volvo 7900H's which I think would replace the Darts on the 36 and other Dennis Dart SPD Routes, as for the Vehicles due to Arrive Next Month, I have no idea as it's the first I have read about it. i think the 49 will use whatever Deckers are Spare in the Depot, when I went over to Central, it looked like there was a lot of Geminis sitting spare in the Main Garage.

You went on a Saturday, didn't you? A number of Lothian's services operate at a decreased frequency on Saturdays compared to Monday - Fridays. Go on a weekday and you'll find there's not as many buses still sat in the depot.
(18 Apr 2014, 7:45 am)Dan wrote You went on a Saturday, didn't you? A number of Lothian's services operate at a decreased frequency on Saturdays compared to Monday - Fridays. Go on a weekday and you'll find there's not as many buses still sat in the depot.

I went on Friday 4th April, but it still looked like there was quite a lot of Buses sitting in the Depot though from what I could see from the main road outside of Central Depot.
(30 Apr 2014, 9:46 pm)AIG20 wrote Stagecoach Fife E400 19543 has transferred to the coach company and independent operator "Rennies". More information is shown on the link below, which also shows the vehicle under refurbishment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_love...otostream/

Rennies is part of Stagecoach just it retains its own identity and livery.
(18 May 2014, 3:23 pm)Dan wrote Note:

Service 49 – Revised Timetable

A revised timetable is introduced with most journeys now being operated by double deck buses to increase capacity. An improved Sunday morning timetable is introduced.

I like how on most of the changes, they have added more buses to routes

What is currently used on the 49?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Scotland Bus Operations
(18 May 2014, 3:39 pm)Michael wrote I like how on most of the changes, they have added more buses to routes

What is currently used on the 49?

Volvo B7RLEs.
They have de-branded them out of Queen of Scots livery ready for their replacement.
(18 May 2014, 3:41 pm)Dan wrote Volvo B7RLEs.
They have de-branded them out of Queen of Scots livery ready for their replacement.

Thanks Dan, dont really know their buses, ill take a look on their site for routes etc so im not spamming with questions
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 May 2014, 1:57 pm)Scott wrote Most single decks are Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse Urban or 2, some Plaxton Pointers. A small number of Optare Solo SRs.

Double decks aminly Dennis Trident/Plaxton President or Volvo/Wright Gemini. Some Scania integrals.

Hybrid double deckers : Enviro 400H
Hybrid single deckers: are Volvo 7900

Thanks Scott, some reason, it didn't show that you replied. =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re: Scotland Bus Operations
Had an email from Lothian this morning regarding the open doors day for 2014.

"Saturday 27 September 11.45 until 16.00 are the details you need.  Look forward to seeing you here."
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
With Introduction of the Trams into Public Service on Saturday and Changes to the Lothian Buses Network on Sunday just gone, The Airlink Service 100 has been Reduced, which resulted in 2 Buses coming Available, which been Transferred to Longstone Depot, one of which is 938 which was seen on the X25 to Riccarton Yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59895433@N00/14337043151/
Photo By: Gordon Stirling Transport Photography

As for the Open Doors Event, I hopefully going go this year but i'll sort that out nearer the time of the Event.
(07 Jun 2014, 6:58 am)Dan wrote 918 has now been transformed out of its 50:50 guise and now sports a promotional livery for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/brucekitch...382375193/

Looks appealing for kids. I think it would look just that little bit nicer on a Gemini 2 rather than a Gemini 1. Smile
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2014, 11:31 am)Robert wrote Have Lothian placed an order in for 25 Gemini 3s? I have heard this but i dont know if its true.

Yes - see this post.
(31 May 2014, 5:54 pm)northern156 wrote Seems that the Carlisle to Edinburgh via Hawick and Galashiels X95/95 services now have branding - "The Ridings".

[Image: 14334062703_ea1f1a58ed.jpg]
First 67782 SN62AYJ by Northern156, on Flickr

When you didn't think the above could get any worse...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/east_lancs...otostream/

!!!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]