You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: General TV thread
(30 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm)aureolin wrote Home alone on channel 4. Never gets old. :p

I have the collection, haha, Marv is my favorite, his screams are class

It never gets old, seen it about 50 times haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 Mar 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote I have the collection, haha, Marv is my favorite, his screams are class

It never gets old, seen it about 50 times haha

Yep haha. Marv is funny. Especially the brick throwing bit. Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Discovered the Bonanza Bonanza channel.
There are some classics on there that I remember watching as a youngster (repeats obviously).
Flash Gordon - 1954 series. Is on at the mo.
Over the course of the last week, The Lucy Show, The Lone Ranger, The Beverley Hillbillies and Bonanza have been on.

They're dated as owt, but great.
If you don't like them, your folks or Grandparents will!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
The BBC has announced that the tenth series of Waterloo Road will be its last.

The broadcaster admitted that it is "incredibly proud of the show" but believes it has reached "the end of its lifecycle". Another 20 episodes will be aired before the show finishes in 2015.

Good decision, its starting to repeat old story lines and starting to get really boring.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm)Michael wrote The BBC has announced that the tenth series of Waterloo Road will be its last.

The broadcaster admitted that it is "incredibly proud of the show" but believes it has reached "the end of its lifecycle". Another 20 episodes will be aired before the show finishes in 2015.

Good decision, its starting to repeat old story lines and starting to get really boring.

Never really watched the show - but have seen bits when flicking about.
Did notice the actors who had North West accents appear when the school was located in that part of England.
When filming moved to Scotland, pupils and staff suddenly seemed to all have Scottish accents - even though it was supposed to be in the same school Wink
(02 Apr 2014, 4:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Never really watched the show - but have seen bits when flicking about.
Did notice the actors who had North West accents appear when the school was located in that part of England.
When filming moved to Scotland, pupils and staff suddenly seemed to all have Scottish accents - even though it was supposed to be in the same school Wink

Never watched it since the first few series. Chelsee Healey is amazing though.
Season 2 of Hannibal has been great so far.

It's now about half-way through its 13 episode run in the US (not sure if S2 has started in the UK yet!) and I can't wait to see how the series develops from here.
(06 Apr 2014, 8:54 am)AdamY wrote Season 2 of Hannibal has been great so far.

It's now about half-way through its 13 episode run in the US (not sure if S2 has started in the UK yet!) and I can't wait to see how the series develops from here.

Internet =)

I haven't got sky Atlantic cause its sky only channel, as i have Virgin media so its the internet for me
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Apr 2014, 8:57 am)Michael wrote Internet =)

It's been primary medium for watching the shows I like for quite some time.

It started off with downloading Smallville every Friday morning from Season 5 onwards, then it was Heroes; The Office (US); Parks and Recreation; The Big Bang Theory and so on...

Also, without the internet, I probably wouldn't have had the chance to watch shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad.
(06 Apr 2014, 9:10 am)AdamY wrote It's been primary medium for watching the shows I like for quite some time.

It started off with downloading Smallville every Friday morning from Season 5 onwards, then it was Heroes; The Office (US); Parks and Recreation; The Big Bang Theory and so on...

Also, without the internet, I probably wouldn't have had the chance to watch shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad.

I use the internet for most of my shows to, much better
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just eating my Good Friday Fish n Chips and found Benny Hill on ITV3.

It looks like there are a stack of old comedies on all weekend!
(18 Apr 2014, 11:15 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It looks like there are a stack of old comedies on all weekend!

I see one of my favourite comedies is on as well....George and Mildred
(18 Apr 2014, 11:28 am)citaro5284 wrote I see one of my favourite comedies is on as well....George and Mildred

Not just any George and Mildred though - it is the film!
On the Buses and The Likely Lads films are usually on over Bank Holiday weekends. Since I can't be arsed to look through the television schedule, does anyone know whether they're on or not?
(18 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm)AdamY wrote On the Buses and The Likely Lads films are usually on over Bank Holiday weekends. Since I can't be arsed to look through the television schedule, does anyone know whether they're on or not?

Had a look earlier and it seems not - not between now and Sunday anyway.

The Likely Lads film was only a few quid on the counter at HMV on Northumberland Street the other day like.
Site Administrator
Just had the chance to catch up with the last "The Michael McIntyre Chat Show". If you've watched any of the other episodes, you'll be familiar with the game "Send to All". Michael and James Corden swapped phones and sent a message to all of their phone contacts - absolutely brilliant.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: General TV thread
(21 Apr 2014, 9:49 am)Dan wrote Just had the chance to catch up with the last "The Michael McIntyre Chat Show". If you've watched any of the other episodes, you'll be familiar with the game "Send to All". Michael and James Corden swapped phones and sent a message to all of their phone contacts - absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, I saw that one, wqs quite funny McIntyres phone got in response to 'do you wanna hit a lapdancing bar' replies coming from Judy Murray, Roy Hodgson and his mother in law Wink
(28 Apr 2014, 7:11 pm)citaro5284 wrote Cracking tv tonight....Just watched Big Bang Theory about trains and now going to watch Panorama Bernie Ecclestone:Lies, Bribes and Formula One

Will be watching that later. Read this article in The Guardian earlier, so it should be a good watch.
Site Administrator
Anyone remember Worzel Gummidge? I watched every episode as a kid with my nana and I recently remembered it - currently watching Series 1 now. Up to Episode 3!
(03 May 2014, 8:44 pm)Dan wrote Anyone remember Worzel Gummidge? I watched every episode as a kid with my nana and I recently remembered it - currently watching Series 1 now. Up to Episode 3!

I am aware of Worzel Gummidge though I never really watched it as a kid. I remember it airing on Channel 4 at approximately 10:45 on a Sunday morning (just after Pob, IIRC) but it failed to spark my interest as I thought it looked boring.
Did anyone watch the 'When Corden met Barlow' documentary last night? I thought it was an interesting insight into his life!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Re: RE: General TV thread
(06 May 2014, 5:53 am)tyresmoke wrote Did anyone watch the 'When Corden met Barlow' documentary last night? I thought it was an interesting insight into his life!

Yeah I did. Thought it was really good.
I'm currently watching Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson had just interviewed Jonathan Ross. When I've watched The Jonathan Ross Show in the past I've often wondering what people mean by 'he has a lisp', but just watching the interview now I could barely understand a word he was saying. Really bizarre.