You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 is the next "South Tyne" Cadet to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.
(06 May 2014, 9:01 pm)Tom wrote Does anyone know if there will be major North Tyneside changes this year? Never been any for a while, and there are some improvements that could be made, notably the North Tyne Links.

not sure, Possible they will be, when was the last of changes?

(07 May 2014, 6:47 am)Dan wrote DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 is the next "South Tyne" Cadet to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.

Thanks for the update
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 May 2014, 6:47 am)Dan wrote DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 is the next "South Tyne" Cadet to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.

When I walked past Saltmeadows on Sunday afternoon, there was one parked against the fence with its bonnet open - no idea if it was the same one.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
The last Dennis SPD in the fleet, 8228: X228 FBB, has been withdrawn from service at Hexham.

HORAY NO MORE SPDs let's party
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Just an advert being posted on the GNE page for the X36 which also mentions the X66

Fast Cats X36
Do you live in Southwick, Witherwack or Hylton Red House and travel to Newcastle? There's no need to change services at Sunderland - you can catch the X36 direct to Eldon Square. During the day the X36 operates every half an hour - see the full timetable at www.simplygo.com/fastcats

If you're travelling to Metrocentre, simply change buses at Gateshead Interchange. Our X66 operates up to every 7 minutes between Gateshead and Metrocentre, so you'll never have to wait very long for your connecting bus.
We've also got some great deals and offers to help you get the best value for money on your bus travel. Visit http://ow.ly/wzNJk for more info.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 May 2014, 3:13 pm)Michael wrote A post by Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service on facebook, shows a ToonLink B7RLE, which has crashed in to a car (no fleet number), this morning at Delta Bank Rd, Whickham , pic below

https://www.facebook.com/twfrs/photos/a....12/?type=1&theater

I hope all involved are ok

Is that at the bottom of the Bridge over to the Metrocentre bus station where 3826 had its crash?
On VOSA today:

PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 Sunderland City Shuttle effective from 28-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.
(07 May 2014, 5:03 pm)Robert wrote Is that at the bottom of the Bridge over to the Metrocentre bus station where 3826 had its crash?

There have been a few smashes there.
Saw a nasty one with a Stagecoach 100 a few years back.

There was mention of it happening on the traffic alerts this morning too.
(07 May 2014, 5:04 pm)Jimmi wrote On VOSA today:

PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 Sunderland City Shuttle effective from 28-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

That will be the Summer timetable when it goes to Roker instead of ??? (can't remember where it doesn't go on the Summer timetable) haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 May 2014, 6:16 pm)Michael wrote That will be the Summer timetable when it goes to Roker instead of ??? (can't remember where it doesn't go on the Summer timetable) haha

St. Peter's... Ha'way Michael - how could you forget that place?! Tongue
(07 May 2014, 6:20 pm)Dan wrote St. Peter's... Ha'way Michael - how could you forget that place?! Tongue

XD!, had a blank moment there, just couldn't remember where it didn't go during the summer

I also think it should run to Seaburn on the Saturday of the airshow and run it on the Sunday of the airshow - using bigger buses of course

I know its owned by the Uni but imagine all the paying customer's?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 May 2014, 6:23 pm)Michael wrote XD!, had a blank moment there, just couldn't remember where it didn't go during the summer

I also think it should run to Seaburn on the Saturday of the airshow and run it on the Sunday of the airshow - using bigger buses of course

I know its owned by the Uni but imagine all the paying customer's?

Don't GNE already run special services to the Airshow from different areas, Washington, Peterlee, Houghton Confused
(07 May 2014, 6:40 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Don't GNE already run special services to the Airshow from different areas, Washington, Peterlee, Houghton Confused

Ye along with the one from Stagecoach but just a extra bus, from chester road etc

Also think SC Sunderland should run the 18 and 19 on the Sunday for the airshow!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(08 May 2014, 6:55 pm)benambro wrote 5230 has now turned up

A "Tynedalexpress" Scania? A vehicle which isn't fitted with a tachograph?

Speaking of Scanias, 5274 has now been returned to Percy Main in a fresh coat of red paint.
(08 May 2014, 6:59 pm)Dan wrote A "Tynedalexpress" Scania? A vehicle which isn't fitted with a tachograph?

Speaking of Scanias, 5274 has now been returned to Percy Main in a fresh coat of red paint.
I meant 5320, Citaro crusader, didn't go into service, just give the renown something and hey presto it left
Site Administrator
(08 May 2014, 8:30 pm)benambro wrote I meant 5320, Citaro crusader, didn't go into service, just give the renown something and hey presto it left

Try again - that one is a Silver Arrows! Wink
5330, perhaps?
(08 May 2014, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote Try again - that one is a Silver Arrows! Wink
5330, perhaps?

5330 is a Crusader bus i should know i know all the Crusader 5310-5319, 5328-5330, 5332
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(08 May 2014, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote Try again - that one is a Silver Arrows! Wink
5330, perhaps?

Getting warmer lol, oh how embarrassing, in my defence i was looking out my bedroom window which is a fair distance away from the bus! Wink
I think I'll stick to Stagecoach and Arriva from now on Tongue
Site Administrator
(09 May 2014, 3:41 pm)benambro wrote Getting warmer lol, oh how embarrassing, in my defence i was looking out my bedroom window which is a fair distance away from the bus! Wink
I think I'll stick to Stagecoach and Arriva from now on Tongue

Haha, I think you were right with 5330 from what I've been told today. The B10BLE limped back to the depot too.
(09 May 2014, 3:47 pm)Michael wrote All the fab 56's are running late due to effects from the A19 crash

The 8's probably would be too - heck of a diversion via Penshaw, Shiney Row and Teal Farm.
(09 May 2014, 3:43 pm)Dan wrote Haha, I think you were right with 5330 from what I've been told today. The B10BLE limped back to the depot too.

You would have thought GNE would have learnt from the X7 that the renowns can't always run an express service! There again I'd rather have that trying then having them gemini 1's shouting to the roof tops all day!