You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(22 May 2014, 6:40 pm)bcal3119 wrote Aren't the spare double deckers in Riverside need to be used in scholar services? If so, I don't think they can be used as extra buses.
Would there be some other coaches or buses working as extras like the tube strike in London?

schools are off next week
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(22 May 2014, 6:42 pm)danpick wrote schools are off next week

Most Workers services which run off double deck Scholars and are contracted by Nexus will still need to be operated by the double decks or a fine will be issued for non-compliance.
(22 May 2014, 7:51 pm)citaro5284 wrote Most Workers services which run off double deck Scholars and are contracted by Nexus will still need to be operated by the double decks or a fine will be issued for non-compliance.

Do they get fined for single decker usage? Chester throw quite a few single Deckers out on my scholars when they're at their most desperate.
(22 May 2014, 7:54 pm)Marcus wrote Do they get fined for single decker usage? Chester throw quite a few single Deckers out on my scholars when they're at their most desperate.

They will if it does not meet capacity for the contract.
(22 May 2014, 7:51 pm)citaro5284 wrote Most Workers services which run off double deck Scholars and are contracted by Nexus will still need to be operated by the double decks or a fine will be issued for non-compliance.

Would Nexus not look at the circumstances of why the non-compliance was and, for example in this case, the overall gain from GNE helping their own customers out is better than failing the double deck capacity on said services?
Or would they just see it as blatant profiteering?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(22 May 2014, 8:02 pm)tyresmoke wrote Would Nexus not look at the circumstances of why the non-compliance was and, for example in this case, the overall gain from GNE helping their own customers out is better than failing the double deck capacity on said services?
Or would they just see it as blatant profiteering?

Nexus would likely see it as -

We pay you to operate this contract. You fail to fulfill contract's obligations by showing preference to your commercial operations.
(22 May 2014, 7:57 pm)Marcus wrote Several people stand on the 887 on an evening (with a double decker) and one time, believe it or not, we had 571!

That's a lot, even on a double decker!
(22 May 2014, 11:30 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Haven't seen 5210 in days surely it's time now

It was on the Tynedalexpress yesterday.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(21 May 2014, 5:00 pm)G-CPTN wrote I heard that there was to be an extension of the AD122 Hadrian's Wall bus to include Greenhead and Gilsland (two destinations 'abandoned' by some Arriva 685 journeys).

This must be it.

Timetable:- http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...9.9/ad122/

Arriva news:- http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/gils...-1.1111478

Wow, excellent! Don't know whether to go on this on Saturday (the first GNE service bus to go through my village) or go to the open day on Saturday.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(22 May 2014, 8:20 pm)Marcus wrote You should see the other scholars! The 887 is the busiest, but some of them look like WW3 is taking place onboard.

School kids rarely sit down.
(22 May 2014, 11:30 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Haven't seen 5210 in days surely it's time now

FFS Bazza there is more to life than whether 5210 has been branded or not.

Also Yellow MPD 535 was head towards Cowgate on the Central Motorway at Lunchtime. No idea where it was heading.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
I can't help but be attracted to this photo of these 3 Nationals in the old Stanley Bus Station;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/57425719@N...D_w_IS_all

I know it's not exactly the latest news, but I think it would be really nice if someone (hint hint) could capture something similar but with Renowns as an alternative, just before they're all gone (I know the Lynx was the National's successor, but in my opinion the Renown is the next best thing to a National).

I also like how Asda can be seen in the background Tongue!

Edit: Also, you've gotta love this rainbow-like image;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/75698454@N...D_w_IS_all
(23 May 2014, 3:02 pm)westy3738 wrote It's all very well saying run extra this and run extra that to replace Metros.....you still need someone to drive them!

Yes quite a lot to cover on overtime! Some people seem to think drivers (and indeed vehicles) are endless when it comes to suggesting things!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(23 May 2014, 12:21 pm)GMitchelhill wrote FFS Bazza there is more to life than whether 5210 has been branded or not.

Also Yellow MPD 535 was head towards Cowgate on the Central Motorway at Lunchtime. No idea where it was heading.

Not really bothered if 5210 has been branded or not anymore anyways different matter have ya noticed ever since cadets 8242-46 when they got repainted red or are in the process of they have sinced used renowns on 5 (T reg and X reg) am gonna pass by within next half hour or so via 88 or 88A in the rain
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(23 May 2014, 4:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes quite a lot to cover on overtime! Some people seem to think drivers (and indeed vehicles) are endless when it comes to suggesting things!

& even better, some people think that operators who haven't got any services registered will just be running services due to the Metro strike - if only it where that simple eh !

It looks like there'll be a post concert bus replacement around the North Tyneside loop according to the latest information from Nexus - I wonder who'll be operating that then.................hmmmm
(23 May 2014, 9:19 pm)busman101 wrote & even better, some people think that operators who haven't got any services registered will just be running services due to the Metro strike - if only it where that simple eh !

It looks like there'll be a post concert bus replacement around the North Tyneside loop according to the latest information from Nexus - I wonder who'll be operating that then.................hmmmm

Compass. The Iveco van is warming up and the A4 paper route number being typed as we speak
Site Administrator
(23 May 2014, 4:12 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Not really bothered if 5210 has been branded or not anymore anyways different matter have ya noticed ever since cadets 8242-46 when they got repainted red or are in the process of they have sinced used renowns on 5 (T reg and X reg) am gonna pass by within next half hour or so via 88 or 88A in the rain

To confirm, 5210 is not yet branded.

8242-46 are to transfer to Riverside for use on services 67/69 (although no doubt they will be used on services 64/95/96 alongside the Merits too). This is to keep them closer to home, so to speak.

Service 5, now no longer part of the "South Tyne" brand, should be operated by Volvo B10BLEs 5160-64 - previously found on services 67/69.
Site Administrator
(23 May 2014, 10:08 pm)gtom wrote Compass. The Iveco van is warming up and the A4 paper route number being typed as we speak

Let's not get carried away, here... A typed paper route number?
(24 May 2014, 7:51 am)Dan wrote Let's not get carried away, here... A typed paper route number?

ok, coloured in with felt tip pens.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 May 2014, 8:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote ok, coloured in with felt tip pens.

Crayola (paid for by Nexus too)
Ten 6083 has Customcare 'Tyneside Toughened' etched (?) onto the side windows.

Would these not have been fitted at original build?

I can't imagine that a refit has been necessary - or has there been a massive fight onboard requiring replacement glass?

Do Wrightbus fit Tyneside glass?
(24 May 2014, 3:58 pm)G-CPTN wrote Ten 6083 has Customcare 'Tyneside Toughened' etched (?) onto the side windows.

Would these not have been fitted at original build?

I can't imagine that a refit has been necessary - or has there been a massive fight onboard requiring replacement glass?

Do Wrightbus fit Tyneside glass?

A number of Wright vehicles have them. The windows have been used for donkeys years.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'