You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(26 May 2014, 8:21 am)Marcus wrote And 13. Smile

13 doesn't operate on Sundays, and it's stand alone during weekdays/Saturdays.
(26 May 2014, 8:24 am)Marcus wrote Oh, I thought they swapped over at Langley Park. At least they used to. I forgot about the Sunday service! Tongue

13 works standalone and both have a two minute layover at Stringer Terrace before heading back out to Durham.
(25 May 2014, 9:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote Why would it be on the timetable when it does not run through the Village, cannot put every stop on it?
Because it appeared in the AD122 timetable last year (under Alba Travel) and also in the Stagecoach 685 timetable, for their only evening journey.

In the past with Arriva, they never used to list it for 685 but all of the buses came through the village anyway.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(26 May 2014, 1:23 pm)gtom wrote In relation to recent topic. 4908 is carrying fresh air on the X22 today

In relation to a past topic. If there was a decent Sunday/Bank Holiday network to feed into the x22 and 4908, I'd put my bottom dollar it would be carrying more than fresh air.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Not think its time for GNE to update the timetables on their site as:

5 - is now Northern
W5/W6 is now Northern
67/69 - is now Northern

Also updating the timetables to show what buses are used

Wear Tees XPRESS, Whey aye five-0 and the South Tyne
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(26 May 2014, 4:48 pm)Michael wrote Not think its time for GNE to update the timetables on their site as:

5 - is now Northern
W5/W6 is now Northern
67/69 - is now Northern

Also updating the timetables to show what buses are used

Wear Tees XPRESS, Whey aye five-0 and the South Tyne

If you drop an e-mail to customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk, they will forward it to the appropriate department and they should do something about it.
(26 May 2014, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote If you drop an e-mail to customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk, they will forward it to the appropriate department and they should do something about it.

I might do but i'm expecting changes to most services soon, so ill wait till next week!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The post on the GNE site for extra buses has being updated to show which services will have extra buses, here is the link:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/buses-durin...8-may-2014

Only services that have extra buses are;

Coaster 1 - operates between Wrekenton and Whitley Bay, calling at places such as Gateshead, Newcastle, Byker, Wallsend and North Shields.

The Crusader
Crusader 27 - operates between South Shields and Newcastle, calling at places such as Chichester, Jarrow, Hebburn, Heworth and Gateshead.

Fast Cats
Fast Cats X36 - operates between Sunderland and Newcastle, calling at places such as Southwick, Witherwack, Boldon, Heworth and Gateshead.

No timetables with extra buses added, so not sure if this just means that these will be double decker operated instead of single deckers!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 May 2014, 12:50 pm)Michael wrote The post on the GNE site for extra buses has being updated to show which services will have extra buses, here is the link:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/buses-durin...8-may-2014

Only services that have extra buses are;

Coaster 1 - operates between Wrekenton and Whitley Bay, calling at places such as Gateshead, Newcastle, Byker, Wallsend and North Shields.

The Crusader
Crusader 27 - operates between South Shields and Newcastle, calling at places such as Chichester, Jarrow, Hebburn, Heworth and Gateshead.

Fast Cats
Fast Cats X36 - operates between Sunderland and Newcastle, calling at places such as Southwick, Witherwack, Boldon, Heworth and Gateshead.

No timetables with extra buses added, so not sure if this just means that these will be double decker operated instead of single deckers!

Traveline is absolutely no use at all for this. Trains are still running every 12 minutes according to that. :s
(27 May 2014, 1:02 pm)Dan wrote Traveline is absolutely no use at all for this. Trains are still running every 12 minutes according to that. :s

They never will be, always behind!

be interesting see whats on the X36 due to interworking with the X35
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 May 2014, 1:03 pm)Michael wrote They never will be, always behind!

be interesting see whats on the X36 due to interworking with the X35

The Metro strike in 2012 saw service X3 operated by deckers, but Deptford did have more back then.
I shall get myself out tomorrow to provide an update! I'll see if I can get a pic of one of the Metros not stopping at Stadium of Light too.
(27 May 2014, 1:07 pm)Dan wrote The Metro strike in 2012 saw service X3 operated by deckers, but Deptford did have more back then.
I shall get myself out tomorrow to provide an update! I'll see if I can get a pic of one of the Metros not stopping at Stadium of Light too.

Wait for that, its just being posted:

Tomorrow's Metro strike has been called off

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/tomorr...een-called
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 1:42 pm)Dan wrote And the Stadium of Light stop will be operational too!

Eeeeeee Nexus moving up the world haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Who was it before on here asking when changes to the 40/41/80 will happen?

PB0003954/357 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wallsend, Metro and Wallsend, Metro given service number 40/41 effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/472 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between North Shields, Bedford Street and Wallsend METRO given service number 80 effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/580 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between WHITLEY BAY THE LINKS and WREKENTON HIGH STREET/KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 1/1A effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Wonder what the 1/1A changes are...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote Who was it before on here asking when changes to the 40/41/80 will happen?

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wallsend, Metro and Wallsend, Metro given service number 40/41 effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between North Shields, Bedford Street and Wallsend METRO given service number 80 effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between WHITLEY BAY THE LINKS and WREKENTON HIGH STREET/KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 1/1A effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

I was!
Looks like there will be some changes to the routes Big Grin
Not sure what?
(27 May 2014, 1:50 pm)Michael wrote Eeeeeee Nexus moving up the world haha

i thought Nexus had ran outta money last time i heard to be honest i cannot see them gain the quality contracts as they continue to waste money by upgrading stations and not giving people covers for there pass plus also it will cost a bomb repainting the vehicles which by the end of it will bankrupt nexus
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(27 May 2014, 4:04 pm)Tom wrote I was!
Looks like there will be some changes to the routes Big Grin
Not sure what?

Sorry Tom, i just couldn't remember!

Not sure of changes yet if there was massive changes i would of thought GNE would of done passenger consultation, Unless this has happened around the area's of the routes?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 4:06 pm)Racer_Experience wrote i thought Nexus had ran outta money last time i heard to be honest i cannot see them gain the quality contracts as they continue to waste money by upgrading stations and not giving people covers for there pass plus also it will cost a bomb repainting the vehicles which by the end of it will bankrupt nexus

Only thing i agree with them is the new style timetables, which is now along Washington road in Sunderland for the 56 (not sure if there is any else where) - here is a example - http://liners.nexus.org.uk/23808.pdf

It looks much more professional than the old ones... I'm hoping they update to that style when SC Sunderland change there services in June..

As for the re-painting of the buses, i think it was said that the companies would have to do it... not 100% sure on that though
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 4:07 pm)Michael wrote Sorry Tom, i just couldn't remember!

Not sure of changes yet if there was massive changes i would of thought GNE would of done passenger consultation, Unless this has happened around the area's of the routes?

I suppose. I haven't received anything so...
(27 May 2014, 4:15 pm)Tom wrote I suppose. I haven't received anything so...

Time will tell, let's hope their finally gonna drop the horrid North Tyne Links brand and make them Northern!

if there changing on 16th June, isn't it abit late for VOSA to put them on?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote Who was it before on here asking when changes to the 40/41/80 will happen?

Waterworks by Northumbrian Water in Howdon are the cause for the change
(27 May 2014, 8:03 pm)busman101 wrote Waterworks by Northumbrian Water in Howdon are the cause for the change

Thanks for the information Busman =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2014, 8:03 pm)busman101 wrote Waterworks by Northumbrian Water in Howdon are the cause for the change

What way will they be re-routed?
(25 May 2014, 9:34 pm)northern156 wrote Would have been nice if this was properly advertised on the timetable! Parking has always been an issue, but hell - the Arriva DAFs used to get through, even with outrageous parking, so I don't know how a Pointer can't?!

It was all done in an incredible hurry, so it wasn't an ideal process and this is something that's been fed back - the leaflet was written, designed, agreed and printed in 4 days so it was a bit fly by the seat of your pants. Lots of lessons to be learnt, but its up and running for the summer and we'll see how it does.
(27 May 2014, 8:05 pm)Tom wrote What way will they be re-routed?

Good question and I don't the answer, but all will be revealed a bit nearer the time
Hi
Hope no one minds a quick plug but I've got a few things on eBay might interest members, mainly timetables from Go North East's past networks;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271506642915?s...:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271506856070?s...:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271506640895?s...:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Should be postings few more in the next few days too
Thanks,
Rich