You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(30 May 2014, 1:39 pm)Dan wrote I guess that's what the engineers at Riverside will be finding out over the next few days! Tongue

Just thinking out loud, but if they were comparing performance/output etc., would it have been better to compare a similar sized/spec vehicle to one they already have?

What may perform well in one sized vehicle, may not be the same in another sized vehicle.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 1:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just thinking out loud, but if they were comparing performance/output etc., would it have been better to compare a similar sized/spec vehicle to one they already have?

What may perform well in one sized vehicle, may not be the same in another sized vehicle.

I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

I think it is merely so Go North East's engineering department knows what the differences are between the Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines in the Mercedes vehicles, as all of the Euro 6 engines in Mercedes vehicles should be the same.

Should any Euro 6 Mercedes vehicles be purchased later this year, Go North East's engineering department would have already had a bit of experience with it.
(30 May 2014, 1:49 pm)Dan wrote I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

I think it is merely so Go North East's engineering department knows what the differences are between the Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines in the Mercedes vehicles, as all of the Euro 6 engines in Mercedes vehicles should be the same.

Should any Euro 6 Mercedes vehicles be purchased later this year, Go North East's engineering department would have already had a bit of experience with it.

How many seats has it got?

Hopefully it does go out and about, if so, wonder which route it will end up on Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 1:52 pm)Michael wrote How many seats has it got?

Hopefully it does go out and about, if so, wonder which route it will end up on Tongue

The prototype had just 30 seats plus one tip-up, so clearly unsuitable as a Volvo B10BLE replacement. However, the full sized version will have a few more seats..!
Dan wrotethis is the only Citaro which has been manufactured in single door configuration.
This seems to be a puzzling statement.
(30 May 2014, 1:49 pm)Dan wrote I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

Ah right.

I am guessing they won't be allowed to strip this vehicle down or make too many adjustments to it, so hopefully this is followed up by some Merc workshops/training - as well as this evaluation exercise.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:04 pm)G-CPTN wrote This seems to be a puzzling statement.

As far as I know, the Mercedes Citaro K is not available in dual door configuration.
The Citaro K's predecessors have all been available in dual door configuration.
Go North East - Latest
I wonder if these short versions could go on the 2a/2c and the silver arrows citarios could go onto the 8/78. When is the silver arrows due for a repaint?.

Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:09 pm)cbma06 wrote I wonder if these short versions could go on the 2a/2c and the silver arrows citarios could go onto the 8/78. When is the silver arrows due for a repaint?.

The "Silver Arrows" branded Citaros are next due for repaint in 2016.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:14 pm)G-CPTN wrote Ah - you mean only in single-door configuration, yet the brochure shows it with two . . .
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/medi...taro_K.pdf

The information I got on the vehicle's specs were from this article, admittedly published in November 2012.

No dual-door configuration Citaro Ks have yet been manufactured, though?
(30 May 2014, 2:11 pm)Dan wrote The "Silver Arrows" branded Citaros are next due for repaint in 2016.

Whats up next for a repaint after the Lime B10's and the original batch of "Fast Cats" branded L94s (just to freshen up the paint on the bus, will be re-branded Fast Cats)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:26 pm)Michael wrote Whats up next for a repaint after the Lime B10's and the original batch of "Fast Cats" branded L94s (just to freshen up the paint on the bus, will be re-branded Fast Cats)

You were the one who predicted the "Fast Cats" Scanias would be repainted because they were looking tatty!
You not got any more predictions up your sleeve?! Wink
(30 May 2014, 2:20 pm)Dan wrote The information I got on the vehicle's specs were from this article, admittedly published in November 2012.

No dual-door configuration Citaro Ks have yet been manufactured, though?

There are left-hand drive two-door Citaro Ks in service:- Citaro K

What amazes me is that MB claim 77 standees for a total of 105 pax!
see:- http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/..._data.html

though this might be for the 12 metre variant - the information is not that clear.

I see the standee figures for the K version are 56 for a total of 85 pax.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:34 pm)G-CPTN wrote There are left-hand drive two-door Citaro Ks in service:-
Citaro K

I note that these aren't UK versions and do not carry the updated bodywork... Likewise, I believe they aren't powered by Euro 6 engines?

I assume the article was written in regards to the new Citaro K available in the UK now.
(30 May 2014, 2:33 pm)Dan wrote You were the one who predicted the "Fast Cats" Scanias would be repainted because they were looking tatty!
You not got any more predictions up your sleeve?! Wink

Wink, haha, i can't remember that!

My next prediction would be North Tyne Links or ToonLink
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2014, 2:42 pm)Michael wrote Wink, haha, i can't remember that!

I guess we'll have to wait and see then!

I doubt we'll see any different buses repainted for the next few weeks though. Including the driver trainer coaches, there are already three repaints per week (the maximum per week).
(30 May 2014, 2:42 pm)Michael wrote Wink, haha, i can't remember that!

Am thinking the same some need spruced up while others do not need it the former Washington street shuttle ones my mate anth hated 566 it gave him a headache on M2/M3 I like the the new style Citaro looks nice could trail it on a Scania route like 97/98/98A as that service will probs get upgraded in the future but not yet anyways Toon Link and Lime 1st though
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(30 May 2014, 2:46 pm)Dan wrote I guess we'll have to wait and see then!

I doubt we'll see any different buses repainted for the next few weeks though. Including the driver trainer coaches, there are already three repaints per week (the maximum per week).

With it being Friday, i can see them wanting a early finish Wink
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2014, 2:49 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Am thinking the same some need spruced up while others do not need it the former Washington street shuttle ones my mate anth hated 566 it gave him a headache on M2/M3 I like the the new style Citaro looks nice could trail it on a Scania route like 97/98/98A as that service will probs get upgraded in the future but not yet anyways Toon Link and Lime 1st though

Lime should get new buses this year, not sure what else will

I do hope they trail the Citaro on some routes, however it seems unlikely
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2014, 3:59 pm)Marcus wrote I think the blind stands out as well; goes nicely with the red and black.

I like the fonts used and that, but hate the blind itself. To bright for my liking.
(30 May 2014, 4:02 pm)Marcus wrote All down to personal opinion Wink

I love the desti's on 5389 and 5390.

Yeah I do like the one on 5390 like - really smart.