You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(16 Jun 2014, 8:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote As bad as the DAF's? Wink

Now I'm using them more as my 'home' bus, not quite! But I never get to ride one! Not had a Hybrid this week!

I've been cheating on them with Arriva's X2 Pulsars
(16 Jun 2014, 8:18 pm)gtom wrote Now I'm using them more as my 'home' bus, not quite! But I never get to ride one! Not had a Hybrid this week!

I didn't have any on that random board I use to get to school - here was what I had. (As of recently it's always allocated at Hybrid, but everything's been off this past week or two)

Last Mon - 3877
Last Tues - 3875
Last Wed - 3875
Last Thurs - 3965
Last Fri - 3965
Today - 3965
(16 Jun 2014, 8:18 pm)gtom wrote Now I'm using them more as my 'home' bus, not quite! But I never get to ride one! Not had a Hybrid this week!

Me too Big Grin Hardly anyone one uses it between Chester le Street and Newcastle, so it's pretty much non-stop!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Jun 2014, 8:34 pm)Marcus wrote Yeah - for me on the X2 it seems to be busy towards Durham/Middlesbrough. Possibly because of the interworking?

It's a strange route. The X1 element of it (Durham - Middlesborough) always has a good load, even later in the evening, and is heaving peak times. Durham to newcastle element (X2) barely does anything at all, bar a load to and from New College/Bus Station.

I'm surprised they don't vary it and send one an hour the current route to Newcastle, and another one per hour via a different route? fast to Washington, then express via Old Durham Road. Would fit into the timetable nicely.
(11 Jun 2014, 7:05 pm)G-CPTN wrote I've just noticed that the TEN buses now have a split rear blind with scrolling destination as well as '10'.

(12 Jun 2014, 7:40 pm)G-CPTN wrote Having seen two consecutive TEN buses with split rear blind yesterday, all those that I have seen today were not split - just showing '10'.
Maybe it was an experiment that has been abandoned?

No more TENs seen with split rear blind.
(16 Jun 2014, 8:33 pm)aureolin wrote Me too Big Grin Hardly anyone one uses it between Chester le Street and Newcastle, so it's pretty much non-stop!

I do miss Arriva's X21...there was a disaster in the making!
Are we starting the X3 would have been a success if......posts?

If so, I'll start. If the X3 ran between Durham and Newcastle it'd be a success
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(16 Jun 2014, 11:24 pm)Acky81 wrote X3 doomed no surprise there. Go north east what morons ruined that route starting it from Monkwearmouth
I'd say no one, other than the folk that didn't use the route, ruined it.
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 5:45 am)aureolin wrote I'd say no one, other than the folk that didn't use the route, ruined it.
Hear, hear!
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 8:03 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Any News on the Volvo B5TLand it's whereabouts,Or will I have to Hunt it down Today

It hasn't yet arrived.
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 8:06 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Cheers Dan

When it does, I'll update all of you on here to help you get some photographs! Smile
(17 Jun 2014, 8:07 am)Dan wrote When it does, I'll update all of you on here to help you get some photographs! Smile

I'll PM you my Number Dan, as I am out all day, so probs won't see the Post on here.
(17 Jun 2014, 8:07 am)Dan wrote When it does, I'll update all of you on here to help you get some photographs! Smile

Wonder which depot will get it first!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just spotted a fast cats bus at saltmeadows having east Durham saver applied to the back windows so I think it's safe to say this route won't be scrapped!! Wonder what savings are???
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 10:19 am)Acky81 wrote Just spotted a fast cats bus at saltmeadows having east Durham saver applied to the back windows so I think it's safe to say this route won't be scrapped!! Wonder what savings are???
4974 is there for repaint.
Volvo B10BLE 4842: R842 PRG has been transferred from Riverside to Deptford. To provide vehicles for temporary shuttle services MPD 542: NA52 AXG has been transferred from Deptford to Percy Main and 544: NA52 AXJ from Deptford to Washington.
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out

Do you have any idea when it will arrive? =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm)Michael wrote Do you have any idea when it will arrive? =)
I don't, I'm afraid.
I've not received any messages advising me that it has arrived yet, so I'm fairly positive it hasn't arrived.
(16 Jun 2014, 11:24 pm)Acky81 wrote X3 doomed no surprise there. Go north east what morons ruined that route starting it from Monkwearmouth

I'm not sure about that, because...

If you want Monkwearmouth to Sunderland, you can use the 9, 29, 35, 56 and X36 (amongst others), and Sunderland & Monkwearmouth towards Newcastle can be done on the X36.

If you want Sunderland to East & West Boldon, you could use the 9, or the 9 and 35 for Newcastle Road.

It was only really the link between Asda and Newcastle they took away, but that can be done on the X36, and Boldon Asda to East & West Boldon and Fulwell can be done on the 9.

While a change will be involved from 9 to X36 at Boldon Asda with the withdrawl of the X3, it's not like there's no link at all. I use the X3 regularly, albeit on the stretch of route shared with the X36, and there's never been any more than three people on it... not great for a vehicle operated by an MPD, never mind a double-decker!
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2014, 12:30 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Volvo B10BLE 4842: R842 PRG has been transferred from Riverside to Deptford. To provide vehicles for temporary shuttle services MPD 542: NA52 AXG has been transferred from Deptford to Percy Main and 544: NA52 AXJ from Deptford to Washington.

To provide further information on this:

4842 was operating "SimpliCity" service 61 today.

MPD 542 has transferred to Percy Main for the Howdon Shuttle Service, with MPD 544 transferring to Washington for the Hebburn Shuttle Service.

MPD 544 was unavailable for transfer yesterday, which is why MPD 543 saw use.
(17 Jun 2014, 7:57 pm)Dan wrote To provide further information on this:

4842 operating "SimpliCity" service 61 today.

MPD 542 has transferred to Percy Main for the Howdon Shuttle Service, with MPD 544 transferring to Washington for the Hebburn Shuttle Service.

MPD 544 was unavailable for transfer yesterday, which is why MPD 543 saw use.

Possibly the same vehicle spotted in and around Durham on Peterlee routes on Friday...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Haymarket / Eldon Square Congestion
I've noticed that the congestion os getting quite bad from both bus stations. Quite often, it can take buses 5 minutes to get from Haymarket to St Mary's Place / Barras Bridge. It mustn't be any better at Eldon Square.