You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
The trouble with attracting passengers through advertising - do they simply come from other services? - or are they new pax who, otherwise, wouldn't travel (by bus)?
(25 Jun 2014, 5:23 pm)Michael wrote Not sure why it has to go to Concord Bus station twice within 8 minutes, same goes to other parts of the routes.

It was a good idea from NEXUS to extend it to Washington Galleries, it might benefit from going through Southwick or past the Hospital in Sunderland to/from Park Lane, it will add more time on to route.

Thing is it goes back on itself to go through Castletown after going through Sunderland Enterprise Park, and then it serves Waterview Park - Peel Retail - Sulgrave and Concord twice which adds a load of time to the Timetable, from the Top of Washington Highway alone it takes 30 Minutes to get to Washington Galleries which is just Mental, Those Passenger Numbers would be a lot lower if it didn't serve most places twice, as would the Journey Time.
(25 Jun 2014, 6:30 pm)cbma06 wrote Join the 37 and 73 together so it's just one route.

Could work out well,

Sunderland – Teal Farm – Concord/Coach Road Estate – Washington – Herrington Burn – Doxford Park - ? maybe make it a loop?

The route atm if joined together would take 84 minutes (going by current times etc)

If it was merged and increased to Every 30 mins it would require a 3 PVR.

If Hourly - 2 PVR

------------

Also good to see GNE putting a new later journey on the X35 which will operate from Doxford International to Peterlee on Monday to Friday evenings, on a trial basis.

Journey is:
Doxford International Glanville Road leaves at 2108 and gets to Peterlee Bus Station for 2145.
---
It's good to see the X7 has avoided anymore cuts to the service, it must be doing well
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(25 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm)aureolin wrote And a bit of chipping away at the X36 already. Anyone know what journey(s) have been removed?
I don't, but it doesn't surprise me. I am surprised that a few of the evening journeys haven't been withdrawn too, because they certainly aren't making a profit either.

Volvo B7TL 3941 returned to Riverside following repaint last night. I'd imagine that Volvo B7TL 3963 will be the next in (but will confirm later) - prep should be done this week and the repaint itself will be done next Monday.
(25 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm)aureolin wrote And a bit of chipping away at the X36 already. Anyone know what journey(s) have been removed?

Website says "changes to some early saturday journeys", nowt about being withdrawn.
(26 Jun 2014, 6:07 am)nk55 wrote Website says "changes to some early saturday journeys", nowt about being withdrawn.

Still no timetable for it but i think they will run later

The earliest journeys on a Saturday is - 0809 0839 from Downhill Kingsway Road/Hylton Lane towards Sunderland - i think these 2 will be changed.

0737 0807 0837 is the first 3 runs from Park Lane on a Saturday - i also think these will be the ones changing.

I thought when i seen the X36 on VOSA we were gonna have big changes, most runs withdrawn during the week etc.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jun 2014, 11:45 am)Dan wrote GNE appear to have acquired a Peugeot Partner van, registered NV11LWP
That one was based at Saltmeadows.

Another is based at Percy Main in the form of 9824 (NX13OJC).
9131 running 12 mins late on the X21 departed Chester le Street at 10.40 on the 10.28 run. Not a good start and Durham County Council are out in Chester today surveying bus times.
I was on a "Work, Eat, Play" Lolyne on the X25 earlier, and I've noticed it still has "Sir Bobby Robson Foundation" interior branding!
Out of Curiosity what Vehicles do Go North East use on the 939 on a Morning, Thinking about Photographing the Works Services down Team Valley in The Morning.
Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2014, 6:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Out of Curiosity what Vehicles do Go North East use on the 939 on a Morning, Thinking about Photographing the Works Services down Team Valley in The Morning.

0610am from Concord is a Blaydon Racers Merc.
0640am from Sunderland is a Northern Volvo B7TL.
(26 Jun 2014, 6:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Out of Curiosity what Vehicles do Go North East use on the 939 on a Morning, Thinking about Photographing the Works Services down Team Valley in The Morning.

I'm going to get a shot of the Blaydon Races Merc one day next week. Would be a shame not to considering the lovely mornings we're having lately.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(26 Jun 2014, 6:58 pm)Dan wrote 0610am from Concord is a Blaydon Racers Merc.
0640am from Sunderland is a Northern Volvo B7TL.

Think get myself up and out to catch in the Morning, just have to find the Motivation.
Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2014, 7:04 pm)aureolin wrote I'm going to get a shot of the Blaydon Races Merc one day next week. Would be a shame not to considering the lovely mornings we're having lately.

I'm still gutted that they lost the 0610am from Concord to GCT, given that a Venture branded MPD operated it.
(26 Jun 2014, 7:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Think get myself up and out to catch in the Morning, just have to find the Motivation.

Give me a shout if you fancy doing it next Tuesday, as I think I'll probably fit it in then.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(26 Jun 2014, 7:16 pm)aureolin wrote Give me a shout if you fancy doing it next Tuesday, as I think I'll probably fit it in then.

I was going to do it Tomorrow as my Week Pass Runs out, and i'm meeting my Dad in Gateshead before he goes to Work so I can some Money off Him, so I can then book my trip to London on July 12th.
(26 Jun 2014, 7:39 pm)Marcus wrote Some of Chester's ex-Angel Presidents still have interior branding for the Red Angel!

Not great... especially since it looked pretty damp (probably from condensation) and falling out of the holders.
(26 Jun 2014, 7:41 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Not great... especially since it looked pretty damp (probably from condensation) and falling out of the holders.

Some of the Lolynes at Percy Main still have Showstopper, Sir Bobby Robson Foundation or Coaster branding.
Marxista Fozzski
(26 Jun 2014, 7:42 pm)Tom wrote Some of the Lolynes at Percy Main still have Showstopper, Sir Bobby Robson Foundation or Coaster branding.

And some Versas at Deptford still carry internal branding for the old 36
(26 Jun 2014, 6:37 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I was on a "Work, Eat, Play" Lolyne on the X25 earlier, and I've noticed it still has "Sir Bobby Robson Foundation" interior branding!

Is the smell of foist still lingering on your clothes?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(26 Jun 2014, 8:55 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Is the smell of foist still lingering on your clothes?

How did you know? It's the free souvenir you get when travelling on a Lolyne! Tongue
(26 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm)BJ10VUS wrote How did you know? It's the free souvenir you get when travelling on a Lolyne! Tongue

.jpg 51708332.jpg
(26 Jun 2014, 9:33 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Possible new interior branding for the X25? :p

Heck, if GNE were to introduce the 'MMMM.... Foist!' branding to the exterior of the Loylnes, it would win me over on the merits of branding!
(26 Jun 2014, 9:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Heck, if GNE were to introduce the 'MMMM.... Foist!' branding to the exterior of the Loylnes, it would win me over on the merits of branding!

"Foist your way to Chester-le-Street up to every 30 minutes". Wonder if Davey has anything snappier? Tongue