You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(03 Jul 2014, 7:22 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote There was a discussion on here a while back about that.
A Pulsar often gets spotted (myself and possibly Malarkey) at times and places well away from the 469 route you mention (morning and afternoon), so there may be at least 1 more ANE scholars in Washington.

I have seen a 6 branded Pulsar as well as ones in standard livery.

That Washington run is probably what comes off the 42, especially given that you've seen Service 6 branded Pulsars as the 6 used to interwork with the 42 until recently.
(03 Jul 2014, 7:31 pm)Jimmi wrote That Washington run is probably what comes off the 42, especially given that you've seen Service 6 branded Pulsars as the 6 used to interwork with the 42 until recently.

Jesmond did a Washington scholars using a decker in the not too distant past.
Wonder if Belmont have this run now?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure

Doesn't the X2 run off a school service around that area.

A short x2 starts in Low Fell after doing a run to Cardinal Hume in Wrekenton.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure

Doesn't the X2 run off a school service around that area.

On the allocation list it has Jesmond with a PVR of 3 on School duties.
1 Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 & 2 VDL SB200 Wright Pulsars.
Anybody know which schools these are contracted to?
Does every X15 go to Berwick rail station? Just the timetable says they do but the app says they terminate at Castlegate?
(03 Jul 2014, 9:05 pm)mb134 wrote Does every X15 go to Berwick rail station? Just the timetable says they do but the app says they terminate at Castlegate?

Yes.
(03 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm)buznut wrote On the allocation list it has Jesmond with a PVR of 3 on School duties.
1 Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 & 2 VDL SB200 Wright Pulsars.
Anybody know which schools these are contracted to?

I regularly see a Pulsar on the 887 (Charles Thorpe. Or Ryton Comp in old money) in Blaydon on a morning.
(05 Jul 2014, 8:14 am)G-CPTN wrote Whitby timetables:- http://www.aboutwhitby.co.uk/bustimes.html

Do you, perhaps, mean the steambus?

http://www.whitbysteambus.co.uk/operating.html

Think he means the Sainsburys MPD... I know it runs to different times/routes depending on the day of the week, will try and find a timetable later when I get home. If not I will make one and put it on here.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(05 Jul 2014, 8:14 am)G-CPTN wrote Whitby timetables:- http://www.aboutwhitby.co.uk/bustimes.html

Do you, perhaps, mean the steambus?

http://www.whitbysteambus.co.uk/operating.html

That page needs updating, still has the 56/X56 on there which was withdrawn years ago and the other timetables are all out of date.
When Arriva get the B9TL's for the X93, the best 2 reliable buses to meet the peak PVR requirements would either be 7445 & 7446 or the 2 working 57 reg lowlanders from Ashington.
(05 Jul 2014, 9:25 am)DaveyBowyer wrote When Arriva get the B9TL's for the X93, the best 2 reliable buses to meet the peak PVR requirements would either be 7445 & 7446 or the 2 working 57 reg lowlanders from Ashington.
When will the B9TL's start to arrive?
As Scott says the Sainsburys bus operates at different times on certain days of the week.
On a Monday Wednesday and Friday there is a 1455 from the bus station to the store with a return from the store at 1210 & 1415
On a Tuesday and Thursday there is a 1220 and 1450 from the bus station with return times at 1400 and 1615. There are others but those are the ones that fitted in with a trip from up here.
2 of us went there on Thursday and caught the 1120 from Middlesbrough using 4713!!! arrival in Whitby was about 10 late which left plenty time to photo the P & R solos then caught the 1330 service 94 to Eskdale Estate which takes about 7 minutes, walked to the store in plenty time for the 1400 back to bus station. We decided to forego the pleasures of a return on 4713
and returned on the 4/X4 with 1432.
If you ring the Whitby store up and ask for customer services they will tell you what times the other services run.
The indicator showed S3 and on leaving the bus station it was heading for Lythe

.jpg IMG_0722.JPG
(05 Jul 2014, 5:44 pm)Marcus wrote How's that for 'strongly worded letter' Tongue

She sounds so surprised that the 56 didn't turn up, its always running late and I feel sorry for passengers using Service 86 who have an hourly service and turns up late because the 56 reliability is so poor.
It will be interesting to read the Arriva response - ie whether the service ran late (or did the people stand and wait from one time to the other).
(05 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm)G-CPTN wrote It will be interesting to read the Arriva response - ie whether the service ran late (or did the people stand and wait from one time to the other).

We are sorry we have spoken to the depot and there was no report of problems with this service.
(05 Jul 2014, 9:23 pm)Philly rf wrote I wonder if the x14/57a bus will get new buses as they are going to convert the normal x14 bus to thropton to sapphire

It won't be Sapphire but it'll be Max. I don't know about the short workings though unless they cheekily renumber the short runs
Always thought the X14 had alot of potential to be honest,but never really gets a chance,last bus is around 7 and then X15 takes over,i know people will say it might get busier on other parts of its route but normally its empty or not very full
(06 Jul 2014, 9:45 am)jaimz13 wrote Does the 91 in Whitby

Arriva previously ran service 91 between Whitby and Castle Park until the 26th January where they (partially) replaced it with a revised service 95/new service 96 which left Castle Park without a bus service. As a result NYCC set up a replacement which is run by Coastal and Country Coaches Ltd. Additionally from the same date they reduced the frequency of the 94 to every half hour. Additionally, NYCC also fund a service 94A and 98 with in Whitby also run by Coastal and Country Coaches Ltd.