You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
22033 and 22735 have gained rear advertisments for Newcastle MRI Scanner reading: Your Body
Your MRI
Your Choice
Today the X34 went over the Tyne Bridge going into Gateshead this is unusual as it normally goes via the High Level Bridge.
(26 Jul 2014, 8:31 pm)Andy wrote Today the X34 went over the Tyne Bridge going into Gateshead this is unusual as it normally goes via the High Level Bridge.

I've seen one do that before, it will have then gone round the back of Tesco and up to Gateshead Interchange. Probably six and two threes from Pilgrim Street. It is, however, much more common to see it operate via the High Level Bridge towards Horsley Hill.
(26 Jul 2014, 8:31 pm)Andy wrote Today the X34 went over the Tyne Bridge going into Gateshead this is unusual as it normally goes via the High Level Bridge.

There's no set route aslong as you get to Gateshead in 9mins
Yeh it went across the Tyne Bridge down Hills Street(near the Station Hotel)and up past Wilkinson's in 7 minutes
Site Administrator
22079-82 and 22214 are all operating the Airshow shuttles today, and about 20 minutes ago, all appeared at the airshow at once... after none turning up for a good 20-30 minutes!

Thankfully was allowed to jump off at the Stadium of Light Metro Wink
(27 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm)Dan wrote 22079-82 and 22214 are all operating the Airshow shuttles today, and about 20 minutes ago, all appeared at the airshow at once... after none turning up for a good 20-30 minutes!

Thankfully was allowed to jump off at the Stadium of Light Metro Wink

22672 out on the Airshow shuttles as well today!
(27 Jul 2014, 10:01 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote No News about the new orders coming yet to south shields ie 37143/144. Regards Robin

As said earlier, possibly next week but no set date.
I think they should order some buses for the 30/31 because I get that service to newcastle college and it seems that the buses they have on are starting to sound a bit nackered
Out of interest, does anyone know why children are not allowed to sit in the single 'loner' seats at the front of the Scania Gas/E300s?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(28 Jul 2014, 11:57 am)Simmy wrote Out of interest, does anyone know why children are not allowed to sit in the single 'loner' seats at the front of the Scania Gas/E300s?
'Tis the same with the front seats on the MANs too.
'Health and safety gone mad' seems to be a recurring phrase seeing use at present...
(28 Jul 2014, 11:58 am)Dan wrote 'Tis the same with the front seats on the MANs too.
'Health and safety gone mad' seems to be a recurring phrase seeing use at present...

Ahh right, cheers. Wasn't sure if it would be due to Health and safety or some form of child protection law. Been bugging me for quite some time.
Site Administrator
39731 on 19s running circa 15m late...

One on the 18s was running about 5m late too.
(28 Jul 2014, 12:12 pm)Dan wrote 39731 on 19s running circa 15m late...

One on the 18s was running about 5m late too.

18/19 running late =0
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jul 2014, 12:02 pm)Simmy wrote Ahh right, cheers. Wasn't sure if it would be due to Health and safety or some form of child protection law. Been bugging me for quite some time.

Because if the bus has to brake sharply and the (unattended) child gets injured, then they could be at fault. After telling people not to do this, I assume that is a good enough defence. It's been around since I worked for them, so a good 2 to 2.5 years.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(28 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm)Michael wrote 18/19 running late =0
Sarcasm? Haha...
Used to always be late five years ago when I lived over that way, but I seem to recall service changes a few years back where timings were shifted by 5m or so...
(28 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm)Dan wrote Sarcasm? Haha...
Used to always be late five years ago when I lived over that way, but I seem to recall service changes a few years back where timings were shifted by 5m or so...

they're normally early haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Re Gas Buses...

Good Afternoon Dan 

Thank you very much for your question in regards to the Gas buses. 

The Gas Buses are filled by a similar method as the remaining diesel buses in our fleet and we receive delivers three times a week of LNG. As the fleet of gas buses has grown the current facility we have for gas storage been left at minimal levels on a Monday morning before the first delivery of the week. To reduce the risk of fully depleting our gas facility we have decided as a temporary measure to withdraw them from Sunday services. 

The Company has invested in a new fuelling system for the Gas buses in order to be able to connect a pump directly to the main gas supply, once this is complete we will no longer need delivers of gas each week and you will then see Gas buses on the road each day again. The system is currently being set up and due to be completed by the end of August. 

I hope this answers your question and if you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Kind Regards,
xxx
(28 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm)Dan wrote Re Gas Buses...

Ah so that's why theres being workmen last few times iv'e walked past!

Thanks for posting your reply
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jul 2014, 12:31 pm)Michael wrote Ah so that's why theres being workmen last few times iv'e walked past!

Thanks for posting your reply

Makes sense as that's what Arriva were having to do before the mains supply got upgraded

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(29 Jul 2014, 3:26 pm)Michael wrote They have being here a few hours now, Tongue

Nothing was said above though, hence why I mentioned it.