You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(25 Jul 2014, 12:46 pm)Marcus wrote Probably when the livery got changed (slightly) back in about 2009/2010?

Didn't the 8 used to go to Castleside?
(25 Jul 2014, 12:46 pm)Marcus wrote Probably when the livery got changed (slightly) back in about 2009/2010?

It was launched in 2007 and then had a brand update in 2009 and nothing since on brand changes.

I'm not sure what year the X2 was withdrawn and replaced Between Park Lane and Washington Galls?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm)Michael wrote i have a feeling it will be dropped because its being the same name since it was launched in 2007.

When was the last "big" changes to the Lime?

There was a lot of people that thought the same with the Fab Fifty Six (myself included!), although that was retained. Red Arrows for example has been round since the early days of branding - when the coaches were first put on I think?? Similar story with the Cobalt Clipper and the Diamond for example.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(25 Jul 2014, 12:55 pm)Marcus wrote I think the X8 used to be an express to Stanley, but the 8 used to keep going to Castleside. There was an 8A at some point as well.

Earliest timetable iv'e got is 26th October 2008, There was no X8 and the 8/8A were going to Castleside from Chester-Lee street.

Routes in 2008 were:

8: Chester-le-street to Castleside.
8A: Chester-le-street to Consett.
78: Sunderland to Consett via Craghead.
78A: Sunderland to Consett via Beamish.

October 2009 - Same routes as in 2008.

June 2010 -
8: Extended to Sunderland from Chester via Galleries etc... Runs between Chester-Le-street and Washington Galleries only on a Sunday and Evening.

78: Runs only between Sunderland and Consett, on a Sunday.. half hourly to Stanley, hourly to Consett and runs as 78A.

September 2013 -

8 - I have no timetable for some reason
78 - Same
78A - Same

January 2014 - Timings only.

I have way to many timetables!
-------------
Gonna sort all my timetables out in to services..

So all the lime together, the angel etc
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 1:01 pm)Michael wrote Earliest timetable iv'e got is 26th October 2008, There was no X8 and the 8/8A were going to Castleside from Chester-Lee street.

Routes in 2008 were:

8: Chester-le-street to Castleside.
8A: Chester-le-street to Consett.
78: Sunderland to Consett via Craghead.
78A: Sunderland to Consett via Beamish.

October 2009 - Same routes as in 2008.

June 2010 -
8: Extended to Sunderland from Chester via Galleries etc... Runs between Chester-Le-street and Washington Galleries only on a Sunday and Evening.

78: Runs only between Sunderland and Consett, on a Sunday.. half hourly to Stanley, hourly to Consett and runs as 78A.

September 2013 -

8 - I have no timetable for some reason
78 - Same
78A - Same

January 2014 - Timings only.

I have way to many timetables!
-------------
Gonna sort all my timetables out in to services..

So all the lime together, the angel etc

The X8 was previous to those changes, as it was one of the express services around the Galleries in the late 90s/early 00s. It was taken off for a while, and then the Lime returned to Washington in the form of the 8. X8 was definitely around at the time the Langley-Sunderland X6 was about.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(25 Jul 2014, 1:29 pm)aureolin wrote The X8 was previous to those changes, as it was one of the express services around the Galleries in the late 90s/early 00s. It was taken off for a while, and then the Lime returned to Washington in the form of the 8. X8 was definitely around at the time the Langley-Sunderland X6 was about.

The X8 would of been withdrawn in 2008 and replaced by the 73/74 which did Sunderland to Sunderland with a Loop around Washington, via Waterview Park - Sulgrave - Concord - Albany - Galleries - Lambton - Harraton and Fatfield
https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/4211502346/
2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(25 Jul 2014, 12:36 pm)aureolin wrote Maybe it'd work just listing the key stops? I personally think the ones on the 4 are too much and start to get irritating.

If you're on about next stop annoucements then they could be like the TEN B9's. They just display the next stop rather than having some person saying it along with some witty remark (seem to remember people talking about remarks on the 4s next stop announcements). The Red Arrows may be the same.
2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
638/186 replaced by 773/774 then got replaced by 73/74, 73/74 replaced by 2 series and 8, with short 73 being secured by nexus

(25 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm)cbma06 wrote 638/186 replaced by 773/774 then got replaced by 73/74, 73/74 replaced by 2 series and 8, with short 73 being secured by nexus

That's the one
Heard a few whispers that GNE have finally ordered this years buses, although its quite early, anyone else heard anything?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm)Michael wrote Heard a few whispers that GNE have finally ordered this years buses, although its quite early, anyone else heard anything?

Although I did expect them to have ordered the buses by now, I don't think they have... Watch this space...
(27 Jul 2014, 5:56 pm)Dan wrote Although I did expect them to have ordered the buses by now, I don't think they have... Watch this space...

A demo bus maybe or a list of orders, although we know a couple! Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Jul 2014, 5:56 pm)Dan wrote Although I did expect them to have ordered the buses by now, I don't think they have... Watch this space...

Going to be honest, I can't see that many Branded Services getting New Vehicles this year, I think we may see more New Red Spare Vehicles.

I think the following will be in line for New Vehicles, with around 25% of New Vehicles being Red Spares.

Lime
East Durham
Pronto
Toonlink
X66
(28 Jul 2014, 6:33 pm)Marcus wrote Just my predictions;

(There are 80 vehicles being ordered, aren't there?)

Lime --- PVR of 15 (2 Red Spares)
Pronto --- PVR of 8 (1 Red Spare)
X66 --- PVR of 5 (1 Red Spare)
Prince Bishops --- PVR of 14 (2 Red Spares)

Then the rest are just random spares etc

Prince Bishops won't be getting new buses considering they are Euro 5.
(28 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm)Tom wrote Prince Bishops won't be getting new buses considering they are Euro 5.

I agree with that about the Prince Bishops.

I would go for...

Lime --- PVR of 15 (2 Red Spares)
Pronto --- PVR of 8 (1 Red Spare)
X66 --- PVR of 5 (1 Red Spare)
ToonLink - PVR of 13 (1 spare)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I think, judging by the recent actions of Go North East we can fully confirm, without question some services which will be getting upgrades in this investment. We however can only speculate on what buses will be purchased:

Lime - following repaints of 4896-4902
Pronto - following trial of Gemini 3
Toonlink - Also following trial of Gemini 3
(28 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm)Tom wrote Prince Bishops won't be getting new buses considering they are Euro 5.

They need something doing to them - two broken down in Houghton on consecutive days last week and at least one missing every day for months now.
To think that the taxpayer has helped fund an upgrade for vehicles which can't last the day...

The lack of reliability is having an impact on the service.

Not saying the service is or will get new vehicles, but something needs to be done.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(28 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)Robert wrote I think, judging by the recent actions of Go North East we can fully confirm, without question some services which will be getting upgrades in this investment. We however can only speculate on what buses will be purchased:

Ye i would agree with that list.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)Robert wrote I think, judging by the recent actions of Go North East we can fully confirm, without question which services will be getting upgrades in this investment. We however can only speculate on what buses will be purchased:

I also think the East Durham will get upgraded to Versas on the busier routes (204/208/265). I also would like to see Crusader upgraded to Geminis and the Citaros cascaded to the Red Kite and Cobalt Connect and the Omnicities to the 17 and 14/X22.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(28 Jul 2014, 7:09 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote They need something doing to them - two broken down in Houghton on consecutive days last week and at least one missing every day for months now.
To think that the taxpayer has helped fund an upgrade for vehicles which can't last the day...

The lack of reliability is having an impact on the service.

Not saying the service is or will get new vehicles, but something needs to be done.
One is missing every day for Eminox modifications though, as we already know... The recent breakdowns are down to the heat. Even the best buses don't cope too well when it's in the 20s...
(28 Jul 2014, 7:26 pm)Dan wrote One is missing every day for Eminox modifications though, as we already know... The recent breakdowns are down to the heat. Even the best buses don't cope too well when it's in the 20s...

How long does it take to fit the Eminox thing, few hours, a full day?

Should be in the next few weeks we find out orders? Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jul 2014, 7:26 pm)Dan wrote One is missing every day for Eminox modifications though, as we already know... The recent breakdowns are down to the heat. Even the best buses don't cope too well when it's in the 20s...

One a day missing for Eminox, but sightings of odd workings reported/seen an almost daily basis - weeks and months before the fitting of the kit started...
Not sure a combination of Eminox, PSV testing (and prep) or regular servicing, accounts for all of those odd workings.

Indeed, the heat will account for breakdowns.
Temperatures certainly weren't smashing the mercury the other morning before 8am when I reported a breakdown on here.
Site Administrator
(28 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote One a day missing for Eminox, but sightings of odd workings reported/seen an almost daily basis - weeks and months before the fitting of the kit started...
Not sure a combination of Eminox, PSV testing (and prep) or regular servicing, accounts for all of those odd workings.

Indeed, the heat will account for breakdowns.
Temperatures certainly weren't smashing the mercury the other morning before 8am when I reported a breakdown on here.
Certainly aren't doing one a day, as they've been doing them for a while now... Before we've recently started to discuss the modifications being performed, that's for sure.

Only 14 in every 28 days should we see a full branded vehicle allocation, and that's down to GNE servicing the vehicles frequently (although Stagecoach does it even more frequently).

This is of course before we take into account other factors. Take the bus in Houghton the other day... It had to remain off the road the following day, due to the accident. Not anything to do with the lack of reliability. A window is smashed by local youths in Houghton - the bus has to be VOR for a day or two... The possibilities are endless (and most of these possibilities would be the same if newer stock was on the 20 too).

Mid-day changeovers (both removing and adding branded vehicles) are frequent. Vehicles can be removed if they are showing early signs of facing issues, and vehicles can be put back into service if engineering has fixed the issue. Your sightings, much like mine, are probably based at random times around the clock. You may find 4934 allocated at 8am on your journey, but who is to say that wasn't replaced by 5213 come 11o'clock?

Long story short: mechanically, the Solars on the 20 aren't in a bad condition. Although corporate liveried vehicles regularly creep up on the service, the same can be said about almost every branded service too.
(28 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm)Dan wrote Certainly aren't doing one a day, as they've been doing them for a while now... Before we've recently started to discuss the modifications being performed, that's for sure.

Only 14 in every 28 days should we see a full branded vehicle allocation, and that's down to GNE servicing the vehicles frequently (although Stagecoach does it even more frequently).

This is of course before we take into account other factors. Take the bus in Houghton the other day... It had to remain off the road the following day, due to the accident. Not anything to do with the lack of reliability. A window is smashed by local youths in Houghton - the bus has to be VOR for a day or two... The possibilities are endless (and most of these possibilities would be the same if newer stock was on the 20 too).

Mid-day changeovers (both removing and adding branded vehicles) are frequent. Vehicles can be removed if they are showing early signs of facing issues, and vehicles can be put back into service if engineering has fixed the issue. Your sightings, much like mine, are probably based at random times around the clock. You may find 4934 allocated at 8am on your journey, but who is to say that wasn't replaced by 5213 come 11o'clock?

Long story short: mechanically, the Solars on the 20 aren't in a bad condition. Although corporate liveried vehicles regularly creep up on the service, the same can be said about almost every branded service too.

Make your mind up man Wink
Are they fitting one a day or not - cos you said they were just a few moments ago... :p
Site Administrator
(28 Jul 2014, 7:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Make your mind up man Wink
It was you who said they were fitting one a day.
I'm tired, and I think I meant it in a different way to how you've interpreted it - my fault for writing it in a way which could be easily misinterpreted.

If the vehicle is off one day just for prep, and it is transferred the same day to Riverside, receives the Eminox mods the next day, and then transferred back to Deptford the following day - it is missing 'every day' for three days, entering service on the fourth, assuming it doesn't replace a corporate liveried vehicle mid-day (as it should).
(28 Jul 2014, 7:56 pm)Dan wrote I'm tired, and I think I meant it in a different way to how you've interpreted it - my fault for writing it in a way which could be easily misinterpreted.

If the vehicle is off one day just for prep, and it is transferred the same day to Riverside, receives the Eminox mods the next day, and then transferred back to Deptford the following day - it is missing 'every day' for three days, entering service on the fourth, assuming it doesn't replace a corporate liveried vehicle mid-day (as it should).

Fully understand the above, but surely there is no excuse for a Rare Working on a Sunday, As was the case Yesterday with 5208 on the 20, PVR is only 6 or 7 on a Sunday, meaning there should of been 6 or 7 PB Solars in the Depot, surely they weren't all VOR.