You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Yorkshire Bus Operations

RE: Yorkshire Bus Operations
(28 May 2014, 10:19 pm)Kuyoyo wrote It looks like it's not just Arriva North East gaining 'MAX'.....Yorkshire E400 1901/2 (YJ58FHB/C) are the first refurbished examples for the first Yorkshire route going MAX - the 268 between Dewsbury and Bradford.

And here is our first glimpse of MAX - 1901 (Photo @ David Clark)
384 (YX14 HDY) - one of 4 MCV Evolution-bodied Volvo B7RLEs joining the East Yorkshire fleet.

In full, they are receiving:

6 Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2
780-5 (YX14 HEJ/U/V/FA/B/C)

4 Volvo B7RLE/MCV Evolution
382-5 (YX14 HDU/V/Y/Z)

4 Alexander Dennis E20D/Alexander Dennis Enviro200
378-81 (YX14 RXD/F/G/H)

So far, 780/5 have entered service at Hull depot on the 121 with 378-80 destined for Scarborough (to replace 3 Excels) and 381 is heading to Hull (the first new example to be allocated to any depot but Scarborough since the initial 4 arrived in 2006) to replace the Wright Crusader-bodied Dart SLF 161.
(18 Jun 2014, 8:13 pm)aureolin wrote livery looks smart fully applied. what routes are these operating on?

All Wakefield local routes
(17 Jun 2014, 8:17 am)Scott wrote Excel 250 remains in service. 295 has been withdrawn from Scarborough.

Well, they all do for now - 378-80 are presently being used by Hull depot (in a deja-vu moment, as 373-7 were also used by Hull depot initially before reaching Scarborough, despite all 8 of these being built by Plaxton at Scarborough) so until they reach Scarborough, 252/4/95 can't be replaced.
Are all of the York Park and Ride services going Electric or is it just the 59? I really hope that it does go all electric as in theory, it would make sense rather than having diesel buses and electric and i quite like the livery of the Versas. Suppose it depends on what the council tells them to do??
Dors anyone know if First have anything on order for the Yorkshire Area, Bradford in particular as I photographed Olympian 31768 and Royale 30791 Yesterday
I'll just update the original list for this:

West Yorkshire
33873-33890 Enviro 400s - Leeds Bramley
47493-47500 Wright Streetlites - Huddersfield
49901-49912 (YJ14 BHA/D/E/F/K/L) Optare Versa EV - York

South Yorkshire
63119-63145 (SN14 DVM/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z/WC/D/E/F/G/J/K/L/M/O/P/U/V/W/X/Y) Wright Streetlite Max - Sheffield Olive Grove
47482-47492 Wright Streetlite - Doncaster
33858-33872 Enviro 400s - Sheffield Olive Grove
(01 Jul 2014, 8:06 am)Scott wrote Just 59. Some routes using ex London artics, and at least one uses Volvo single deckers.

I'm fairly sure the Citaro bendies were bought new for York Park and Ride services... the 58-plate ones were, at least?
(10 Jul 2014, 10:35 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I'm fairly sure the Citaro bendies were bought new for York Park and Ride services... the 58-plate ones were, at least?

They were
Re: RE: Yorkshire Bus Operations
(10 Jul 2014, 9:44 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I'll just update the original list for this:

West Yorkshire
33873-33890 Enviro 400s - Leeds Bramley
47493-47500 Wright Streetlites - Huddersfield
49901-49912 (YJ14 BHA/D/E/F/K/L) Optare Versa EV - York

South Yorkshire
63119-63145 (SN14 DVM/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z/WC/D/E/F/G/J/K/L/M/O/P/U/V/W/X/Y) Wright Streetlite Max - Sheffield Olive Grove
47482-47492 Wright Streetlite - Doncaster
33858-33872 Enviro 400s - Sheffield Olive Grove
Are the E400s for Leeds/Bramley going to be E400MMC's, shame Bradford are not getting anything.

As some of there Fleet Now were New when my Brother started university at Bradford in 2002, for example Optare Solos, obviously there are quite a few Renowns still kicking about, and as mentioned previously a Royale and a Olympian still in Service.

I would say Investment is needed as the Vehicles I saw were 09reg B9TLs.
(11 Jul 2014, 12:36 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Are the E400s for Leeds/Bramley going to be E400MMC's, shame Bradford are not getting anything.

As some of there Fleet Now were New when my Brother started university at Bradford in 2002, for example Optare Solos, obviously there are quite a few Renowns still kicking about, and as mentioned previously a Royale and a Olympian still in Service.

I would say Investment is needed as the Vehicles I saw were 09reg B9TLs.

All E400s for First Group are Euro5 engined so are the older design.

As for Bradford, they have just finally received the B7RLEs due there last year but of which were diverted to South Yorkshire and Manchester initially.
(11 Jul 2014, 8:59 am)Kuyoyo wrote All E400s for First Group are Euro5 engined so are the older design.

As for Bradford, they have just finally received the B7RLEs due there last year but of which were diverted to South Yorkshire and Manchester initially.
I didnt see any them New B7RLE's in the Hour I was in Bradford, Thanks for the info Kuyoyo.
To celebrate the 110th anniversary of West Riding Bus Company, Arriva Yorkshire have unveiled VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2 1508 in a 'Zip-effect' wrap similar to that used on North East's 7445.

Photo @ Jay Bee
Site Administrator
(13 Jul 2014, 10:49 pm)Kuyoyo wrote To celebrate the 110th anniversary of West Riding Bus Company, Arriva Yorkshire have unveiled VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2 1508 in a 'Zip-effect' wrap similar to that used on North East's 7445.

Photo @ Jay Bee

Suited 7445 better. I liked that Sapphire coming soon zippy one though.
(13 Jul 2014, 10:49 pm)Kuyoyo wrote To celebrate the 110th anniversary of West Riding Bus Company, Arriva Yorkshire have unveiled VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2 1508 in a 'Zip-effect' wrap similar to that used on North East's 7445.

Photo @ Jay Bee
Guttered I missed this, as I was only in Wakefield on Wednesday, might do another Trip around Yorkshire before the of the Year.
(14 Jul 2014, 10:42 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Guttered I missed this, as I was only in Wakefield on Wednesday, might do another Trip around Yorkshire before the of the Year.

How are you drunk? Tongue
Don't you mean gutted?
Hello. Does anybody have any information which can lead to newly acquired 645 in the East Yorkshire fleet as the bus doesnt have a profile on the 'fleet list' page as yet but does however get a mention on the August bus news page.

Also, a shame to see East Yorkshire go Excel free. Last few have been withdrawn and replaced with the newer buses.
(03 Aug 2014, 8:46 am)Robert wrote Hello. Does anybody have any information which can lead to newly acquired 645 in the East Yorkshire fleet as the bus doesnt have a profile on the 'fleet list' page as yet but does however get a mention on the August bus news page.

Also, a shame to see East Yorkshire go Excel free. Last few have been withdrawn and replaced with the newer buses.

Just realised I didn't see any in Scarborough on Friday! Knew the Prismas had gone.
(03 Aug 2014, 10:17 am)Roland Pratt wrote Just realised I didn't see any in Scarborough on Friday! Knew the Prismas had gone.

Its a shame. I loved getting them on the Old Park and Ride before the 2 new sites were built although i was treat to the same Excel there and back on the 165 once. Great vehicles and look stunning.
(03 Aug 2014, 11:12 am)Robert wrote Its a shame. I loved getting them on the Old Park and Ride before the 2 new sites were built although i was treat to the same Excel there and back on the 165 once. Great vehicles and look stunning.

Yes, same as the Deltas. There was one of them in Scarborough!
(03 Aug 2014, 8:46 am)Robert wrote Hello. Does anybody have any information which can lead to newly acquired 645 in the East Yorkshire fleet as the bus doesnt have a profile on the 'fleet list' page as yet but does however get a mention on the August bus news page.

Query over. I didnt realise it was a heritage vehicle. I can therefore assume that this is the reason why ALM 65B has been sold.