You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East Service Suggestions
(02 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm)Robert wrote Thats the 50 though. Is the 50A still busy between those points on the evenings and Sundays that it runs?

When I've used the 50A in the past, it seems to be the same and/or similar numbers. I think the fact that it's a reduced frequency on a Sunday can attribute to the amount of passenger numbers.
Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(02 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm)Marcus wrote So, only stops at the points you've listed?
Yes to ensure a faster journey time
RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
I'd say just under an hour is really optimistic. It'd probably take half an hour in the car, and that's doing 70 up the A690/A19. It's going to take at least that to do Durham to Washington, only stopping at Fram and Chester... Then you've got traffic on the A1231/A19 or past Nissan to contend with...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Aug 2014, 12:09 am)aureolin wrote I'd say just under an hour is really optimistic. It'd probably take half an hour in the car, and that's doing 70 up the A690/A19. It's going to take at least that to do Durham to Washington, only stopping at Fram and Chester... Then you've got traffic on the A1231/A19 or past Nissan to contend with...

The 50 in it's current form it takes 40 Minutes to go from Durham to Washington

Durham to Chester-le-Street via Framwellgate Moor - 14 Minutes
Chester le Street to Washington Galleries via (A1/A195/A182) - 10 Minutes
Washington Galleries to Boldon via (A231/A19) - 10 Minutes
Boldon to North Shields via Jarrow - 28 Minutes (Could be done in Less)
North Shields to Whitley Bay via Tynemouth - 29 Minutes

Total: 91 Minutes (1 Hour 31 Minutes)
New x3 service from Sunderland park lane interchange to silverlink shopping park. Much better quality shopping experience.
Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?
(04 Aug 2014, 8:47 am)Tom wrote Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?

There are a few journeys on the X25 that are packed, but like I say, a few Wink

Normally use it in the direction of Newcastle, so here's just a few runs that get decent loadings from my experience;

The 08:30 to Newcastle is always important because of the schoolkids that use it from Waldridge, and a lot of people going to work/college seem to use it at that time.

The 10:40 and 11:10 are always busy because of people heading back home after doing their shop, or whatever.

I'm sure there are more runs that are busy.
(04 Aug 2014, 8:47 am)Tom wrote Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?

The 13 goes the same way as the frequent 43 and 44 from Sacriston.
Would probably be more beneficial sending it via the 14 route (or a variation of it).

To replace the 13 between Witton Gilbert and Sacriston, maybe a 15 could be diverted.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I wonder if the AD122 could be taken on commercially next year?

It could connect with the X85 at Hexham, and be operated by two Solos to a similar timetable as present?
Only just noticed this, but what is the point of the W6 as a Service, From looking at the Timetable, The Layover time for the W5/W6 is as follows.

3 Minutes Layover at Concord - W5
10 Minutes Layover at Brady Square - W5
1 Minutes Layover at Barmston Court – W6
3 Minutes Layover at Concord - W6

The W5 has 13 Minutes Layover in Total, to accommodate a Service to Barmston Court which is only 2 Minutes from Brady Square in Washington, all the W5 would have to do is continue on from Brady Square via Oxclose Road/Oak Street and Brady Square Roundabout, to get to Barmston Court.

As can be seen in the Map Below

[attachment=5824]

So therefore why not do the following at a Frequency of Every 20 Minutes
W5 – Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord
Replaces Service W6/Service M2 would go via Glebe and Washington Village in Place of Service W6

#JobsAGoodun
#HashtagsOnNEB
(09 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Only just noticed this, but what is the point of the W6 as a Service, From looking at the Timetable, The Layover time for the W5/W6 is as follows.

3 Minutes Layover at Concord - W5
10 Minutes Layover at Brady Square - W5
1 Minutes Layover at Barmston Court – W6
3 Minutes Layover at Concord - W6

The W5 has 13 Minutes Layover in Total, to accommodate a Service to Barmston Court which is only 2 Minutes from Brady Square in Washington, all the W5 would have to do is continue on from Brady Square via Oxclose Road/Oak Street and Brady Square Roundabout, to get to Barmston Court.

As can be seen in the Map Below

So therefore why not do the following at a Frequency of Every 20 Minutes
W5 – Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord
Replaces Service W6/Service M2 would go via Glebe and Washington Village in Place of Service W6

#JobsAGoodun
#HashtagsOnNEB

That's not a bad idea.
The W5/W6 don't get many passengers anyway.
Where are your layover times coming from? Looking at the timetable for Monday - Friday daytime, the W5 leaves Concord at 23 past the hour, arriving Brady Square at 48 past the hour. It then leaves Brady Square at 53 past the hour, arriving back at Concord for 20 past the hour? Repeating that cycle.
(09 Aug 2014, 6:06 pm)Tom wrote That's not a bad idea.
The W5/W6 don't get many passengers anyway.

Precisely, and what is the point of the W5 waiting Around 13 Minutes on Every Journey to Accommodate it.

Plus Passengers in Washington Village Benefit also as they'll get the Following.

- Direct Link to Washington Comp, for those Lazy Kids who CBA to Walk through a Underpass and then 2 Minutes up the Road to School
- Faster link to Concord
- New Links to Usworth College and Heworth
(09 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)aureolin wrote Where are your layover times coming from? Looking at the timetable for Monday - Friday daytime, the W5 leaves Concord at 23 past the hour, arriving Brady Square at 48 past the hour. It then leaves Brady Square at 53 past the hour, arriving back at Concord for 20 past the hour? Repeating that cycle.

I used 0818 from Concord and then the W6 after that, didn't realise the time change though with the W5...My Bad, so there must an Extra 5 Minutes on that Morning Journey, but even so the W5 could still go from Brady Square to Barmston Court and back in 8 Minutes.
(09 Aug 2014, 6:27 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I used 0818 from Concord and then the W6 after that, didn't realise the time change though with the W5...My Bad, so there must an Extra 5 Minutes on that Morning Journey, but even so the W5 could still go from Brady Square to Barmston Court and back in 8 Minutes.

I think you'd be cutting it fine. It's often late coming into the Galleries heading towards Brady Square, so that layover comes in handy. The passenger numbers aren't great, but they aren't really bad from what I've seen. The biggest mistake was putting the W5 in place of the old W4 that done Waterview Park - Sulgrave. Even at night you'd get a decent load on the W4.
(09 Aug 2014, 6:30 pm)aureolin wrote I think you'd be cutting it fine. It's often late coming into the Galleries heading towards Brady Square, so that layover comes in handy. The passenger numbers aren't great, but they aren't really bad from what I've seen. The biggest mistake was putting the W5 in place of the old W4 that done Waterview Park - Sulgrave. Even at night you'd get a decent load on the W4.

I would agree that you'd be cutting it fine if it remained at Every 15 Minutes, But if cut down to Every 20 Minutes, then timings can be adjusted accordingly as you have more time to play with.
Service x11 Middlesbrough-Stockton-Norton-Billingham-A19-Peterlee slip Road- Dalton Park-Murton-Sherburn-Durham. 25 (Eveing Sunday and Bank Hollidays only) Hartlepool Interchange-Hartlepool Centre- Univeristy Hospital- Throston Grange- Bishop Cuthbert- Blackhall-Horden-Peterlee
(09 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)col87 wrote Service x11 Middlesbrough-Stockton-Norton-Billingham-A19-Peterlee slip Road- Dalton Park-Murton-Sherburn-Durham. 25 (Eveing Sunday and Bank Hollidays only) Hartlepool Interchange-Hartlepool Centre- Univeristy Hospital- Throston Grange- Bishop Cuthbert- Blackhall-Horden-Peterlee

Not sure many people from Middlesbrough and Stockton would go to Dalton Park and Dalton Park to Durham is mostly covered by the 265.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)col87 wrote Service x11 Middlesbrough-Stockton-Norton-Billingham-A19-Peterlee slip Road- Dalton Park-Murton-Sherburn-Durham. 25 (Eveing Sunday and Bank Hollidays only) Hartlepool Interchange-Hartlepool Centre- Univeristy Hospital- Throston Grange- Bishop Cuthbert- Blackhall-Horden-Peterlee

Middlesbrough to Peterlee is covered by the X9/X10, onward travel to Dalton park from Peterlee on service 202, or to Durham on service 208. Theirs already Arriva X1 between Middlesbrough and Durham.

Arriva service 22 runs between Hartlepool and Peterlee on bank holidays etc...

(09 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure many people from Middlesbrough and Stockton would go to Dalton Park and Dalton Park to Durham is mostly covered by the 265.

I'm not sure I quite understand the intended route, or if it's a Sunday/bank holiday only service? Agree with what you say about the 265 though. Boro-Durham is pretty well covered with the X1 too, although could do with a doubling in frequency for the X1 segment Mon-Fri daytime.

I'd love to see GNE go head to head with Arriva on the X1 route, but think the logistics of it would present a problem. Having the furthest (main) depot south as Chester le Street, to me, was always a sign of intent when it came to areas they were interested in serving.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:31 pm)aureolin wrote I'm not sure I quite understand the intended route, or if it's a Sunday/bank holiday only service? Agree with what you say about the 265 though. Boro-Durham is pretty well covered with the X1 too, although could do with a doubling in frequency for the X1 segment Mon-Fri daytime.

I'd love to see GNE go head to head with Arriva on the X1 route, but think the logistics of it would present a problem. Having the furthest (main) depot south as Chester le Street, to me, was always a sign of intent when it came to areas they were interested in serving.

A 20 minute frequency on the X1 would do, but if it ran every 15 minutes two could still continue to Newcastle as the X2.

Go North East competing with the X1 probably wouldn't work as the Uni pays for the X1 and the students to travel on there.

The difference between that suggestion between Dalton Park and Durham is his suggestion is via Sherburn while the 265 runs via Belmont.

I'd sooner just have the X7 run on a Sunday if that suggestion was for a Sunday.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm)cbma06 wrote Middlesbrough to Peterlee is covered by the X9/X10, onward travel to Dalton park from Peterlee on service 202, or to Durham on service 208. Theirs already Arriva X1 between Middlesbrough and Durham.

Arriva service 22 runs between Hartlepool and Peterlee on bank holidays etc...
I know the 22 does but am thinking of eveings the route i said gives people in them areas a eveing bus service since stagecoach number 1 stops after 6:30 The X11 will be quicker than the X1 so and serves different areas.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:31 pm)aureolin wrote I'm not sure I quite understand the intended route, or if it's a Sunday/bank holiday only service? Agree with what you say about the 265 though. Boro-Durham is pretty well covered with the X1 too, although could do with a doubling in frequency for the X1 segment Mon-Fri daytime.

I'd love to see that too - it could possibly be trailed with the B7RLE's from the Toon Link if that gets upgraded?

Here is a timetable I have came up with, along the lines of a suggestion Adam Y came up with.

University Hospital Nth Durham - 00
Durham Bus Station - 06
Dragon Lane Tesco - 15
Sherburn Village - 19
Thornley - 30
Wheatley Hill - 38
Castle Eden A19 - 43
Billingham Centre - 58
Billingham Stores - 04
Middlesbrough Bus Station - 13

Middlesbrough Bus Station - 27
Billingham Stores - 41
Billingham Centre - 47
Castle Eden A19 - 02
Wheatley Hill - 07
Thornley - 15
Sherburn Village - 26
Dragon Lane Tesco - 30
Durham Bus Station - 43
University Hospital Nth Durham - 47
(09 Aug 2014, 8:42 pm)col87 wrote I know the 22 does but am thinking of eveings the route i said gives people in them areas a eveing bus service since stagecoach number 1 stops after 6:30 The X11 will be quicker than the X1 so and serves different areas.

I think your suggestion would take around the same sort of time as the X1 or longer.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm)Tom wrote I'd love to see that too - it could possibly be trailed with the B7RLE's from the Toon Link if that gets upgraded?

Here is a timetable I have came up with, along the lines of a suggestion Adam Y came up with.

University Hospital Nth Durham - 00
Durham Bus Station - 06
Dragon Lane Tesco - 15
Sherburn Village - 19
Thornley - 30
Wheatley Hill - 38
Castle Eden A19 - 43
Billingham Centre - 58
Billingham Stores - 04
Middlesbrough Bus Station - 13

Middlesbrough Bus Station - 27
Billingham Stores - 41
Billingham Centre - 47
Castle Eden A19 - 02
Wheatley Hill - 07
Thornley - 15
Sherburn Village - 26
Dragon Lane Tesco - 30
Durham Bus Station - 43
University Hospital Nth Durham - 47

I like that suggestion, but I would extend it to Framwellgate Moor - Salutation Inn so it can pick up New College students.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:52 pm)Jimmi wrote I like that suggestion, but I would extend to Framwellgate Moor - Salutation Inn so it can pick up New College students.

Suppose that would be possible Smile
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(09 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure many people from Middlesbrough and Stockton would go to Dalton Park and Dalton Park to Durham is mostly covered by the 265.

Not this old chestnut...
Here we go again
[img]http://rehabforthefabulous.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/oh-boy.gif[/url]

Why would people from Teesside not goto Dalton Park, a lot of people already go there, it is absolutely heaving at times, any bus driver on the X9/X10 will testify to that, if a bus company can get more onto buses, then that has to be a good thing