You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Migrants caught storming Calais Port

Marxista Fozzski
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/i...amera.html

How can this be stopped, seems like Calais has had a problem with this for years now.

I will never forget seeing a couple of guys get the shit kicked out of them at a Petrol Station on the French/Belgian Border trying to get on our bus, they tried getting in the luggage hold underneath the bus, when that did not work, they tried to get through the Emergency Exit, if I remember rightly, they started to put up a fight.

Personally I think the French should turn into a complete exclusion/no-go area to immigrants, with the punishment being detained in some kind of camp away from the french coast
RE: Migrants caught storming Calais Port
(04 Sep 2014, 9:39 pm)marxistafozzski wrote http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/i...amera.html

How can this be stopped, seems like Calais has had a problem with this for years now.

I will never forget seeing a couple of guys get the shit kicked out of them at a Petrol Station on the French/Belgian Border trying to get on our bus, they tried getting in the luggage hold underneath the bus, when that did not work, they tried to get through the Emergency Exit, if I remember rightly, they started to put up a fight.

Personally I think the French should turn into a complete exclusion/no-go area to immigrants, with the punishment being detained in some kind of camp away from the french coast

The French want British assistance in Calais.
Maybe they need to look at the other side and ask for help with reducing the flow into their country...
The people heading to Calais don't just magically appear at Calais.

It is a mess over there.
Shutting Sangate hasn't helped at all
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Migrants caught storming Calais Port
(04 Sep 2014, 9:45 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The French want British assistance in Calais.
Maybe they need to look at the other side and ask for help with reducing the flow into their country...
The people heading to Calais don't just magically appear at Calais.

It is a mess over there.
Shutting Sangate hasn't helped at all
Is it our problem though, yes, they are trying to come over here, but what can we do, I'm sure we already have Border Agency Staff based in Calais, at the Ferry Terminal and at Coquelles for the Tunnel...

I am guessing they are coming into France from places like Italy, Turkey, Spain, Greece and The Balkans. I dont really know much about International Asylum Laws, but I am sure some UN Charter say something like, dont quote me here...
People fleeing from there home country can seek asylum in the nearest safe country...

And France is not the nearest safe country, there is a lot in between, so I think France should be reaching to the EU countries as you suggest to try reduce the flow over there own borders
(04 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Is it our problem though, yes, they are trying to come over here, but what can we do, I'm sure we already have Border Agency Staff based in Calais, at the Ferry Terminal and at Coquelles for the Tunnel...

I am guessing they are coming into France from places like Italy, Turkey, Spain, Greece and The Balkans. I dont really know much about International Asylum Laws, but I am sure some UN Charter say something like, dont quote me here...
People fleeing from there home country can seek asylum in the nearest safe country...

And France is not the nearest safe country, there is a lot in between, so I think France should be reaching to the EU countries as you suggest to try reduce the flow over there own borders

Exactly.
As much as I feel sorry for refugees fleeing persecution in their own country - France isn't usually the first country they arrive in.

The other issue is the Schengen agreement, which saw the end to border controls in mainland Europe.
People can cross Europe on foot, bike or in a motor vehicle and not get asked for a passport or show identity once.

Another interesting development in recent years, is the amount of people with Indian heritage coming into the UK from Poland, with Polish papers.
Bearing in mind Poland only opened its borders fairly recently and there isn't any economic, cultural or historic links between India and Poland - it has baffled me as to why and how people in India decided to move to Poland in the first place.

I will make it clear from the outset, that none of these comments are intended to be interpreted as being racist, bigoted or discriminatory whatsoever.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Exactly.
As much as I feel sorry for refugees fleeing persecution in their own country - France isn't usually the first country they arrive in.

The other issue is the Schengen agreement, which saw the end to border controls in mainland Europe.
People can cross Europe on foot, bike or in a motor vehicle and not get asked for a passport or show identity once.

Another interesting development in recent years, is the amount of people with Indian heritage coming into the UK from Poland, with Polish papers.
Bearing in mind Poland only opened its borders fairly recently and there isn't any economic, cultural or historic links between India and Poland - it has baffled me as to why and how people in India decided to move to Poland in the first place.

I will make it clear from the outset, that none of these comments are intended to be interpreted as being racist, bigoted or discriminatory whatsoever.

It boils my piss when people are branded racist, bigoted and xenophobic just because we have an opinion on immigration.

I am all for a multi-cultural society...I wonder what state the NHS would be in without doctors and nurses from the Sub-Continent and Far East. Indo-Polish, thats a new one, lol.

As for Schengen, what happens if our Scottish Brothers vote for Independence, would they be forced into Schengen as a condition of EU membership and where would that leave the UK, I heard a government official a few months ago saying if Scotland signed up to the Schengen Agreement then there may no choice in having to erect border posts along the Scottish Borders.

Back to Calais, I really dont think it is our problem, it is more problem for France and there EU neighbours
Just to follow up on the Indian/Polish thing.

Spoke to a guy who was brought up in Poland, but born in India, to Indian parents.

Apparently, when the Polish borders came down, the Polish Government agreed a deal with the Indian Government, that encouraged people from India, to Poland.
The idea being, that they could study and work, sharing knowledge and gaining new skills.

As the guy was born in Poland (as others were), he is entitled to a Polish passport and all the perks it brings.
Hence being in the UK.
A lot of restaurants and takeaways have cottoned on to the idea - especially as they have found recruiting the traditional way, stopped by UK Government legislation.  
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Migrants caught storming Calais Port
Is the Polish naturalising Indians in a bid to help them get Polish Citizenship so that they can eventually come over here?

What can be done, my opinion

1. Get the Schengen Agreement axed and get border posts back up
2. Make Western Europe's Coastal Areas exclusion zones and ban immigrants from said areas without a good reason
3. Any non-EU citizen who is naturalised in EU countries should be given a restricted passport, to restrict them coming here...

I am not really sure how to deal with it tbh, I dont understand much about immigration laws and stuff like that
I think the initial idea, was that the Indians would stay in Poland and share their knowledge/expertise, with the Poles.

However, EU law and the open borders policy, has meant that people (who are EU citizens) are free to travel/work wherever they like essentially.
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Oct 2014, 7:18 am)Andreos1 wrote I think the initial idea, was that the Indians would stay in Poland and share their knowledge/expertise, with the Poles.

However, EU law and the open borders policy, has meant that people (who are EU citizens) are free to travel/work wherever they like essentially.

So the problem is essentially the Schengen Agreement and naturalisation laws, it sounds like the Poles are quite naïve, they invite Indians to come to supplement the workforce and once they are naturalised they can go where they want after so many years
I think the Schengen Agreement and the adoption of it by the EU (sure they were independent of each other initially), is flawed and those who agreed to it, were very short sighted.

As a bigger picture, it shows the ambitions some have, to create the United States of Europe.

As for the Poland thing, I have no idea when the tie in with India was introduced. It can't have been too long ago though.