You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(14 Sep 2014, 11:07 am)Adam wrote Freshers started last night, so I ended up getting the 03:15 N56 home. I was genuinely surprised to see 12 passengers (including myself) on the bus in total. Always promising to see it being reasonably popular.

Were u in Sunderland, i was out to haha 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Sep 2014, 11:10 am)Michael wrote Were u in Sunderland, i was out to haha 

No, Newcastle (sorry)
(14 Sep 2014, 11:12 am)Adam wrote No, Newcastle (sorry)

Sad, sunderland was packed.. most were nob heads who were out.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Sep 2014, 11:17 am)Michael wrote Sad, sunderland was packed.. most were nob heads who were out.

haha. It was canny busy at Northumbria uni like. We had Scott Mills from Radio 1 DJ-ing.
(14 Sep 2014, 11:28 am)Dan wrote It's the vehicles Stagecoach used to allocate to the QuayLink before Go North East gained the contract... A "Designline".

Are they still on the go now in the country or have they been exported? Very interesting though, I never knew Stagecoach had the QuayLink before GNE!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Site Administrator
(14 Sep 2014, 2:17 pm)Marcus wrote Now resting underneath several other scrapped buses!! Tongue

They're long gone! Alpha is pretty much empty at the moment.
(14 Sep 2014, 2:17 pm)Marcus wrote Now resting underneath several other scrapped buses!! Tongue

The last time i saw them was last year (going back to April 2013) and they were at the back. Suprised that quite a few of them were parked up alongside eachother and only about 3-4 piled on top of another bus or another bus piled on top of it.
Has Go North East sent a Vehicle to Blackpool for Bus Driver of the Year 2014, Seen quite Photos on Flickr from Various Operators including Rosso, Various Arriva and Stagecoach Vehicles from Different Areas etc.
For driver of the year i voted for one my friends who at the time when i nominated her was at GNE she now works for a different operator next time i vote for next years vote now i will have to get her current company
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Was waiting at doxford technology park for the 20 back to Sunderland and the rotten driver came in on the wrong side and didn't come round so was stranded until a simplicity branded 39 came along
(14 Sep 2014, 7:33 pm)Andy wrote Was waiting at doxford technology park for the 20 back to Sunderland and the rotten driver came in on the wrong side and didn't come round so was stranded until a simplicity branded 39 came along

Are you sure it wasnt just you on the wrong side rather than the driver? If the 20 goes straight in 1 end then out the other (if thats possible) then it cant have been on the wrong side. If it loops round the park and then back out the same exit then i can only assume it goes 1 way round in each direction so it could easily be a case of the driver going round the wrong way. Dont think he should earn the title of 'rotten' though regardless of the situation.
(15 Sep 2014, 8:01 am)Michael wrote When did driver changes change from concord to the galls for the 4?

when am there they always change over at the galls or concord 
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(14 Sep 2014, 7:37 pm)aureolin wrote If that's your response looking at it, you should have experienced one going up hill on the Q1. Tongue 

"Anyone else smell smoke?" They certainly kept you warm in the winter when they would randomly burst in to flames! Tongue
(14 Sep 2014, 11:07 am)Adam wrote Freshers started last night, so I ended up getting the 03:15 N56 home. I was genuinely surprised to see 12 passengers (including myself) on the bus in total. Always promising to see it being reasonably popular.

The town was busy on Saturday night - but I wonder what sort of impact cutting back on the x1 has had on the n56.

The 2300 and 2330, used to get decent loads on a weekend, but with the 2330 x1 terminating at the Galleries these days, it will naturally see a reduction in the number of passengers on it (like the ones needing to be at points beyond Shiney Row).

If you are living anywhere between the town and Washington, the n56 is an ideal alternative and may attract passengers who would have gone for an earlier x1.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Sep 2014, 5:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote The town was busy on Saturday night - but I wonder what sort of impact cutting back on the x1 has had on the n56.

The 2300 and 2330, used to get decent loads on a weekend, but with the 2330 x1 terminating at the Galleries these days, it will naturally see a reduction in the number of passengers on it (like the ones needing to be at points beyond Shiney Row).

If you are living anywhere between the town and Washington, the n56 is an ideal alternative and may attract passengers who would have gone for an earlier x1.

and of course it's much cheaper than the taxi. And of course with everyone tightening their belts due to the cost of living crisis, the bus has an instant advantage. It's student law to be quite stingy and save money here, there and everywhere Tongue
(15 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm)Adam wrote and of course it's much cheaper than the taxi. And of course with everyone tightening their belts due to the cost of living crisis, the bus has an instant advantage. It's student law to be quite stingy and save money here, there and everywhere Tongue

Oh aye, i went out with £40 and come back home with £20 pounds, Passion was cheap as out and we were all buying each other drinks 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
M2/M2A/M3 Timetable has been Updated into Go North East Corporate, Picked it up in the Travel Office in Washington also noticed instead of a "Northern" Logo being over the Rear Wheel Arch, it is instead a "Go North East" one on the Picture of the Cadet displayed on the Front, could this mean the New Corporate Livery which is yet to be rolled out is no Different to the Northern Livery, As shown Below.

[attachment=5914]

Furthermore from just looking at Simplygo.com the "Washington Street Shuttle" Tab has finally been Removed.
(15 Sep 2014, 9:33 pm)Michael wrote Only took them ages,next for the Lime tab to go! 

9 to 10 Months give or take I would say, I think the M2/M2A/M3(82/82A/83) will get New Vehicles anyway, so in reality it was pointless even updating the Timetable to be Honest, Probably only 1 or 2 Minor Changes that nobody would notice Anyway.
(15 Sep 2014, 9:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 9 to 10 Months give or take I would say, I think the M2/M2A/M3(82/82A/83) will get New Vehicles anyway, so in reality it was pointless even updating the Timetable to be Honest, Probably only 1 or 2 Minor Changes that nobody would notice Anyway.

The W5/W6 timetable is still branded... its pointless like you said as they change on 2.11.14.... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Previously branded as "National Express", Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panthers 7092 (K2 VOY) and 7093 (K3 VOY) are currently at Saltmeadows to be repainted into a plain white base livery. These vehicles are now surplus to requirements following the changes to National Express work as detailed here; as such, have consequently been withdrawn and will be repainted prior to disposal to increase sale value.
(16 Sep 2014, 10:24 am)Dan wrote Previously branded as "National Express", Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panthers 7092 (K2 VOY) and 7093 (K3 VOY) are currently at Saltmeadows to be repainted into a plain white base livery. These vehicles are now surplus to requirements following the changes to National Express work as detailed here; as such, have consequently been withdrawn and will be repainted prior to disposal to increase sale value.

It is back then?

No idea what was up when I saw it Friday (see Nat Ex thread), but guessing it was the early hours of Saturday (at the very least), before it was returned.

Going from the timings it was due into Skeggy, the distance it still needed to do and the time I saw it (approx 3 hours after it should have arrived in Skeggy), it had been parked up on the hard shoulder for the majority of the day.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(16 Sep 2014, 10:24 am)Dan wrote Previously branded as "National Express", Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panthers 7092 (K2 VOY) and 7093 (K3 VOY) are currently at Saltmeadows to be repainted into a plain white base livery. These vehicles are now surplus to requirements following the changes to National Express work as detailed here; as such, have consequently been withdrawn and will be repainted prior to disposal to increase sale value.

Saw 7093 in plain white going to Hull on the 530(I think)
A few changes regarding the Olympians which are still yet to happen:

3814, 3828 and 3829 all still remain in service at Stanley despite a minimum of 2 supposed to be withdrawn 
3825 still remains at Stanley (it was yesterday at least) but 3824 and 3819 (as mentioned) have both transferred to Riverside.
Site Administrator
(16 Sep 2014, 5:01 pm)Andy wrote Saw 7093 in plain white going to Hull on the 530(I think)

Don't think so - 7092/93 are both at Saltmeadows, being sanded down etc prior to repaint.
Something I noticed a couple of weeks ago but forgot to ask. I have noticed on tickets (unsure if it is just key cards/concessionary passes) above the date area it states remaining £0.00. Does this information relate to key cards? The reason I ask is if a customer had a week's pass on there - for example a red zone pass - would it state the value of the ticket or so many days remaining?

Secondly, noticed yesterday on my ticket that when I scanned my pass, it states where I got on but not the end point. Any reason for this change? I know a while back GNE driver's used to ask where you were going (concessionary passes) before they printed a ticket but that ended at least a year ago. The only reason I could think would relate to concessionary fare reimbursement but unsure. Anyone know?