You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
(24 Oct 2014, 9:26 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I hope it wasn't Morning Glory mind Bazza

Lol Adam Big Grin

Nahhh I Think Bazza just needed a little time to wake up wake up to be honest Fozz.
(24 Oct 2014, 9:34 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Nahhh I Think Bazza just needed a little time to wake up wake up to be honest Fozz.

Nowt wrong with fantasising and anyways could have a lass by Thursday but I am a typical bloke
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(24 Oct 2014, 9:27 pm)Marcus wrote I'm sure you've used that one before Adam!

It was similar one, Bazza said something about how he likes his cat Bella licking his fingers, I pretended to be confused and asked who he had been fingering, he fell into the trap and explained it was his cat he'd been fingering and not a Women, still rather funny though, tonight's remark is quote taken from The Inbetweeners Movie, when Carley is shagging the Event Organizer on Holiday and the Lad says what I said to Bazza in my Previous Post to Jay I think.
Whats made you happy today?
(24 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote It was similar one, Bazza said something about how he likes his cat Bella licking his fingers, I pretended to be confused and asked who he had been fingering, he fell into the trap and explained it was his cat he'd been fingering and not a Women, still rather funny though, tonight's remark is quote taken from The Inbetweeners Movie, when Carley is shagging the Event Organizer on Holiday and the Lad says what I said to Bazza in my Previous Post to Jay I think.

I remember that, he threatened to shove a glass in his throat or something and none of his mates laughed when he said about the cat.
(24 Oct 2014, 9:39 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Nowt wrong with fantasising and anyways could have a lass by Thursday but I am a typical bloke

Does she have a Guide Dog?
(24 Oct 2014, 9:44 pm)Marcus wrote I remember that, he threatened to shove a glass in his throat or something and none of his mates laughed when he said about the cat.

Yeah that's the one Haha.
Site Administrator
Two "happy" posts today... 'Cor blimey, where's all my negativity gone?!

Was nice to return to Riverside again today, after my daily trip there back in August. Caught up with a few folks last week and went back again today - I think everyone is just getting used to seeing me there now and don't think of it as odd at all! Go North East decided to make Riverside look a little bit prettier from the inside last week, and they asked me if I'd send them some of my photos of the newer buses and brands in the Gateshead/Newcastle areas. I was more than happy to send the photos over that they'd selected, and I had the chance to look at them in the flesh today.

There's about twenty photos in total - two of which are in A1 frames - and almost everyone has commented on how good the photos are and how it's really brightened the place up. Smile
First uni assignment set, a whole 2,000 word PESTLE external analysis report on any business we want as long as there's a load of information about it. I've decided to do it on Go North East.

Only problem is though, we were shown an example of a good one about H&M which was 45 pages long (the word count excludes references, contents pages, appendices, any graphs/charts, any information that's in tables etc), and I've only got until November 10th to do it. At least it's about a business which I am genuinely interested in, otherwise it would be absolutely tediously boring.
Whats made you happy today?
(27 Oct 2014, 9:04 pm)Adam wrote First uni assignment set, a whole 2,000 word PESTLE external analysis report on any business we want as long as there's a load of information about it. I've decided to do it on Go North East.

Only problem is though, we were shown an example of a good one about H&M which was 45 pages long (the word count excludes references, contents pages, appendices, any graphs/charts, any information that's in tables etc), and I've only got until November 10th to do it. At least it's about a business which I am genuinely interested in, otherwise it would be absolutely tediously boring.

You lucky guy! Tongue

At least you got to pick, while I am only in secondary school and get tiny homework's a compared to you, we rarely get to pick what we get to do them on.
(27 Oct 2014, 9:04 pm)Adam wrote First uni assignment set, a whole 2,000 word PESTLE external analysis report on any business we want as long as there's a load of information about it. I've decided to do it on Go North East.

Plenty of QCS stuff you can throw in as a start! Big Grin
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(27 Oct 2014, 10:17 pm)Andreos1 wrote Plenty of QCS stuff you can throw in as a start! Big Grin

Exactly. I mentioned precisely that to my lecturer today and he said I could easily write 2000 words on it haha.
(29 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm)AdamY wrote Petrol prices going down (currently 120.9p at ASDA Metrocentre) and I've managed to negotiate a 12 month half-price reduction on my Internet connection.

Which ISP? I'm with Plus at the moment, and I can't say I've ever had a problem with it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm)aureolin wrote Which ISP? I'm with Plus at the moment, and I can't say I've ever had a problem with it.

I'm with TalkTalk. I signed up when it was known as Tiscali. The numbers in my email address represent the date in which the contract commenced. I've been on a rolling contract now for about 6 or 7 years and, like yourself, have never encountered any major issues.

I threatened to go with PlusNet after I received an email this morning stating that the cost of my connection was to be increased by £5.00. This represented a price-hike of around 25%. After a lengthy online discussion with a TalkTalk representative, I managed to get my bill down to just £7.66 per month providing I signed 12 month contract.
I remember getting a Tiscali cd rom through the post getting on 17/18 years ago and using them on a 1p per minute dial up!

#blastfromthepast
#hashtagsonNEB
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 Oct 2014, 10:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote I remember getting a Tiscali cd rom through the post getting on 17/18 years ago and using them on a 1p per minute dial up!

#blastfromthepast
#hashtagsonNEB

I had Freeserve back in the days of dial-up. 
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Whats made you happy today?
(29 Oct 2014, 10:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote I remember getting a Tiscali cd rom through the post getting on 17/18 years ago and using them on a 1p per minute dial up!

#blastfromthepast
#hashtagsonNEB
I think Tiscali were the first ISP we signed up to back in 1999/2000...think we were on a pay as you go deal with them, for some reason we always had to reconnect after 2 hours...Those were the days, 56k Dial-Up Modems, I once downloaded a film years ago, it took a week to download...Got that down to about 24 hours on a basic broadband deal and now with fibre optic can get a film in minutes when I got a strong connection.

I miss those old days, before Facebook and Twitter, MSN Messenger was the thing to communicate, yahoo chat was at it's finest and ICQ was also huge Big Grin
I used to use mIRC back in the mid-to-late 90's.

There were some interesting chat-rooms relating to hacking. I learned how to do some entry-level stuff back in the day.
Marxista Fozzski
(29 Oct 2014, 10:47 pm)AdamY wrote I used to use mIRC back in the mid-to-late 90's.

There were some interesting chat-rooms relating to hacking. I learned how to do some entry-level stuff back in the day.
Would love to have learnt a bit hacking, but I could never get my head round it, the nearest I got to being a hacker was with some kind of programme that stole passwords and gave me some control remotely over peoples computers...I simply was never patient to be a serious hacker...

I used to knock about with a kid in Durham who was sent to jail for hacking, did quite some damage

Hackers jailed over global virus
I kinda wish I'd kept it up but I'm kinda of glad I didn't as I'd probably be viewing this forum from a shared computer in some jail somewhere.

I lost interest when people started to take internet security seriously. Whatever I learned is pretty much obsolete now.
Marxista Fozzski
(29 Oct 2014, 11:01 pm)AdamY wrote I kinda wish I'd kept it up but I'm kinda of glad I didn't as I'd probably be viewing this forum from a shared computer in some jail somewhere.

I lost interest when people started to take internet security seriously. Whatever I learned is pretty much obsolete now.

Probably the reason I could not get into it, I nearly got sent to jail once or twice, and probably didn't want to give the magistrate another reason to send me to jail...

Things like my acquaintance getting sent down and then the cases of people like Gary McKinnon put me off, I am probably the kind of person who would have gone too far and ended up with a one way ticket to an American Penetentiary or a 1 way ticket to Guantanamo Bay as I would be the type of person who would want to snoop on the Pentagon and DoD lol Big Grin
Anyone remember Madasafish as an ISP? I think I briefly used them, alongside Virgin, Freeware, and Pipex. First got broadband in about 98/99 I think, and that was through Pipex. Went to UK online after that, and then on to Sky. Plus all the way now.
(29 Oct 2014, 10:47 pm)AdamY wrote I used to use mIRC back in the mid-to-late 90's.

IRC was great back in the late 90s / early 00s, and then pretty much died off. I used to be an oper on a network of about 3000 users, which was interesting! Met some right characters, and learnt a lot from others.
Site Administrator
When did NTL come along? I remember us having them before the Virgin Media takeover - but can't really remember anything before then!
(29 Oct 2014, 11:37 pm)Dan wrote When did NTL come along? I remember us having them before the Virgin Media takeover - but can't really remember anything before then!

I think NTL was about 2003/04ish? Telewest and Blueyonder before that.
Site Administrator
(29 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm)aureolin wrote I think NTL was about 2003/04ish? Telewest and Blueyonder before that.
Telewest rings a bell actually!

Anyway, had a nice night tonight which made me quite happy. I've a story to tell in the morning relating to Nexus CAT tickets, GNE and GCT though...wasn't too happy about that!