You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

Arriva North East - Latest
(28 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 1410 was transferred as part of the PVR increase for the 12/12a to release an EcoCity to make up the fourth vehicle on the 21/X21.

I had 1410 on the 1/5A yesterday and it drove absolutely faultless. Just needs a new paintjob and it'd be sorted!

ANE 1410, in Bishop Auckland on a working of the 1/5A.
http://flic.kr/p/pPxnB5
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(29 Oct 2014, 11:01 am)DaveyBowyer wrote Blimey! Was it a mechanical fault or an electrical fault?
Don't know as I'd got off well before then, however it sounded fine on the A1 when we were overtaking quite a lot of cars trying to make up time.
(29 Oct 2014, 6:29 pm)aureolin wrote "There will be no buses running on Christmas Day or Boxing Day"

Nice to see Arriva adapting to the market...

Think it's about time they provided a service on Boxing day
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I know this should be on GNE's page but I wonder whether or not GNE will continue to run the special boxing day service 309 to Blyth.
If you looked at Arriva operating on a commercial basis though for Northumbria, they could do something like this:

- X21 every hour between Ashington and Newcastle but operating via the Hartlands rather than via Nedderton
- X10 every hour between Blyth and Cramlington then via the 43 route to Newcastle
- X11 every hour between Blyth and Cramlington then via the 43 route to Newcastle
- 44 / 45 every hour on their respective routes.
- 54 every hour between Newcastle and Whitley Bay via Cobalt Business Park
- 306 every 30 minutes between Tynemouth and Newcastle
- 308 every 30 minutes between Blyth and Newcastle
- 55 every 30 minutes.
(29 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm)David McGloin wrote B10ble 4510 now at Redcar on 22/64

Still in old livery unfortunately. Would have made more sense to repaint this rather than the COO Darts and 1711 etc.
(29 Oct 2014, 8:51 am)tyresmoke wrote Neglected to mention that on Monday 4046 was removed from Stockton depot for scrap

Wondered which one had gone. Surprised at 4046 - was still a runner up to the day the Sapphires went on the road wasn't it? Yet some have been parked up there months!
Would it be possible for Arriva to brand 4653/9, 7511-17 and 7529-33 for all three services, 14/X14 X15 and X18, so it allows for some flexibility?
(29 Oct 2014, 7:52 pm)mb134 wrote Would it be possible for Arriva to brand 4653/9, 7511-17 and 7529-33 for all three services, 14/X14 X15 and X18, so it allows for some flexibility?

Would make sense. I hate seeing branding with either route numbers or destinations on the side. It instantly becomes misleading if you need to allocate that bus to another route.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Oct 2014, 2:29 pm)Jimmi wrote There was some people from Arriva on the 1315 X21 asking some of the passengers what they thought of the service and the bus. They videoed some of the passengers with these questions, sadly they didn't ask me.

I am told the commercial team (they're the ones who design these services!) were out and about on the X21s today

(29 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm)Cock Robin wrote Wondered which one had gone. Surprised at 4046 - was still a runner up to the day the Sapphires went on the road wasn't it? Yet some have been parked up there months!

Yeah 4046 was one of my favourites. 4063 and 4079 were shown as sold on the latest allocation so I would assume they'll be next to go. We've got rid of 4001/7 to Darlo too, would expect 4006 will also go to them shortly. Should free up some space in our yard at least!

(29 Oct 2014, 7:52 pm)mb134 wrote Would it be possible for Arriva to brand 4653/9, 7511-17 and 7529-33 for all three services, 14/X14 X15 and X18, so it allows for some flexibility?

The Sunday 418s are going to need some single deck vehicles, I would assume this will use 4653/9 so therefore they may brand the X15 and X18 together on the full set of vehicles. It would make sense to me.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

I am told the commercial team (they're the ones who design these services!) were out and about on the X21s today
Just gutted they didn't ask me to comment on the service as I had many positive things I could have said including connections between the 21/X21.
Will Arriva purchase another EcoCity for Darlington to give the 2/11/12/12a/21/X21 a full EcoCity working? Kind of makes sense as they are only one short. Then 1410 can be used elsewhere
(29 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm)JoshP wrote Will Arriva purchase another EcoCity for Darlington to give the 2/11/12/12a/21/X21 a full EcoCity working? Kind of makes sense as they are only one short. Then 1410 can be used elsewhere

Is there any more available?

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(29 Oct 2014, 10:49 pm)tyresmoke wrote Is there any more available?
It isn't a discontinued product yet, is it?

Imagine it would be diffcult to justify the purchase of one brand new EcoCity though.
It isn't a discontinued product yet, is it?

Imagine it would be diffcult to justify the purchase of one brand new EcoCity though.
No idea if it has been discontinued.

Highly doubt Arriva would buy one, if it is still available to buy unless they were maybe to buy some for different routes at Darlington depot but there isn't really any routes they could use them on, possibly the 1/5/5A at a push.
(29 Oct 2014, 11:50 pm)Jimmi wrote No idea if it has been discontinued.

Highly doubt Arriva would buy one, if it is still available to buy unless they were maybe to buy some for different routes at Darlington depot but there isn't really any routes they could use them on, possibly the 1/5/5A at a push.

The 1/5's are currently getting Pulsars fitted with next stop displays as part of the County Durham LSTF funding.

Trident 7432 has transferred to Yorkshire Tiger and is the first of 3 to go to them.

When did 7432 go?

Saw an alx400 heading south last night on the A1 near Catterick.
Couldn't get id cos of the dark setting in - but if it wasn't 7432, then another one has gone.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(30 Oct 2014, 9:01 am)Andreos1 wrote When did 7432 go?

Saw an alx400 heading south last night on the A1 near Catterick.
Couldn't get id cos of the dark setting in - but if it wasn't 7432, then another one has gone.

It was reported on another forum as being spotted at Waterloo (Huddersfield) Depot about 9pm.
I know it arrived yesterday but unsure what time

It would have been about 1630 I saw the alx400 heading south.
Even taking into account traffic, breaks etc it should probably mean it arrived before 2100
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(30 Oct 2014, 8:54 am)tyresmoke wrote The 1/5's are currently getting Pulsars fitted with next stop displays as part of the County Durham LSTF funding.

So Arriva not even paying for NSA's themselves.....