You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Procters Group
(11 Nov 2014, 4:36 pm)Cock Robin wrote Odd. They have a contract to run half hourly to Teesside Park don't they? So if A66 is cancelled the H66 or something else must be increased!

Yes they do, and as the 6 was increased to half hourly in Hartburn I wouldn't bet against the H66 going half hourly to compensate. I always thought they missed a trick in not extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough, especially given half of them run light down to do the 492 anyway?!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(11 Nov 2014, 5:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes they do, and as the 6 was increased to half hourly in Hartburn I wouldn't bet against the H66 going half hourly to compensate. I always thought they missed a trick in not extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough, especially given half of them run light down to do the 492 anyway?!

Absolutely.
Compass Royston's website still includes details of all these golden oldies!-
Service
Number
Destination

66/X66
Stockton High Street - Teesdale - Teesside Park - Teesdale -
Stockton High Street

Stockton High Street - Albany Estate - Norton Red Lion -
Billingham Town Centre - Port Clarence

Stockton High Street - Albany Estate - Norton Red Lion - Norton Grange - Norton Green - Billingham Town Centre - Port Clarence

Port Clarence - Portrack - Stockton - Hardwick - North Tees Hospital - Stockton - Portrack - Port Clarence

588/589
Port Clarence - Cowpen Lane - Billingham - Wolviston - Billingham - Crooksbarn - Roseworth - North Tees Hospital - Hardwick - Fairfield - Hartburn - Stockton

Middlesbrough - Middlehaven - Middlesbrough (Shuttle Bus)

Nunthorpe - Thornton Village - Nunthorpe (Timetable says A1 Coaches but this service is now being run by Compass Royston)

Middlesbrough - North Ormesby - Eston - Guisborough - Lingdale - Moorsholm (Circular)

751/752
Easington - Loftus - Westfield Estate - Skinningrove - Carlin How -
East Cleveland Hospital

PR1
Cannon Park - Teesside University (Free Park & Ride)
(29 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm)Kuyoyo wrote To follow on, a second vehicle has entered the paintshop for a repaint into the revised plain yellow livery - this being MPD MX05ENE.

Now fully complete - sadly the white background to which the legals are applied to does ruin the appeal somewhat

.jpg LVL-076-MX05ENE.JPG

(29 Oct 2014, 9:46 pm)tyresmoke wrote In addition Dart W365ABD has a full yellow front following the completion of accident repairs.

As does W793VMV

.jpg LVL-093-W793VMV.JPG
I've been looking at the Dales and District 72 from Darlington to Northallerton timetable and it states that it arrives at Darlington, Tubwell Row at 01 minute past the hour but timetable also states that it leaves Tubwell Row at 00 minutes past the hour, does anyone know what time this service leaves Darlington and Northallerton because this timetable has me puzzled and has done for a while. Also does anyone know why the timetable is like this.
(16 Nov 2014, 7:34 pm)Jimmi wrote I've been looking at the Dales and District 72 from Darlington to Northallerton timetable and it states that it arrives at Darlington, Tubwell Row at 01 minute past the hour but timetable also states that it leaves Tubwell Row at 00 minutes past the hour, does anyone know what time this service leaves Darlington and Northallerton because this timetable has me puzzled and has done for a while. Also does anyone know why the timetable is like this.

It'll likely leave as soon as it gets in. Usually uses the MCV Evolution MAN AE60GRX

It'll likely leave as soon as it gets in. Usually uses the MCV Evolution MAN AE60GRX
It's pretty poor really, I tried waiting for the 1300 journey once and gave up (wether it was because it was running late or the bus had broke down I don't know) Don't think I'll use this service as I'm don't feel relaxed with that timetable and I don't want to get the time in Northallerton wrong as I'd be pretty much stuck there for two hours.
(16 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm)Jimmi wrote It's pretty poor really, I tried waiting for the 1300 journey once and gave up (wether it was because it was running late or the bus had broke down I don't know) Don't think I'll use this service as I'm don't feel relaxed with that timetable and I don't want to get the time in Northallerton wrong as I'd be pretty much stuck there for two hours.

D&D usually run a pretty tight ship in North Yorkshire, most buses wait for late running connections as the drivers call the office to see where they are before they leave. Me and a mate did a great day out using their Explorer ticket in the spring, from Darlington to Darlington via Northallerton, Thirsk, Ripon, Masham, Leyburn, Bedale and Richmond, great value.
Photos from said day here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/61391443@N...144981164/

(20 Nov 2014, 9:26 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Will these oporate the rail replacement on sunday morning or will it be someone like jhcoaches on it

Rail replacement between Darlo and Bishop is done by Lees of Durham
Another Dart repainted yellow at Leven is SN06BRX, minus any logos or anything when it was out last night operating the 1642 and 1802 45s

(27 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote Another Dart repainted yellow at Leven is SN06BRX, minus any logos or anything when it was out last night operating the 1642 and 1802 45s

Next one to be done is Lothian Dart Y178CFS spotted now in yellow

(04 Dec 2014, 7:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Looking on Traveline it would appear that from January 2nd service A66 is being withdrawn and this will mean that only service H66 will operate to Teesside Park which means that there will only be one bus an hour to Teesside Park.

That is correct, which is odd as they're contracted to provide 2 buses an hour to Teesside Park (I believe) ... I always thought they missed a trick in not running them through to Middlesbrough though, half of them run light to go onto 492s anyway so it wouldn't cost a lot to do.

(04 Dec 2014, 7:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Looking on Traveline it would appear that from January 2nd service A66 is being withdrawn and this will mean that only service H66 will operate to Teesside Park which means that there will only be one bus an hour to Teesside Park.

Where do you find this Traveline info?
At the Stockton Bus Forum the Council said the Connect Tees Valley Forthcoming Changes list would be up and running by Monday or Tuesday of this week, but all they have put up is a notice saying its coming back soon!
I said that to the new MD at the Forum and he said hadn't someone tried to runm a service there before. They have, but like you say if they are running there anyway they might as well carry passengers. Arriva's main reason for pulling out was traffic congestion. Don't know if that has improved with access changes, but the Leven services seem to manage ok.
Went to Plan a Journey page, typed in Stockton High Street and Teesside Park Toys R Us and the only results showing were the H66 and Stagecoach services.

Wonder if the forthcoming timetable changes page will actually be updated this time, as before you would be looking at service changes that happened months ago.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Procters Group
(07 Dec 2014, 10:21 am)Kuyoyo wrote As mentioned on the previous page Dan :p
Wooops.. Wondered why Jimmi didn't mention it, and it's because it already had been! Tongue
Driver on A66 today took over 5 minutes to work out how to ring my ticket out. Muttered "what a f ing job, you get one days training"!

Hope no-one was waiting at the Cinema as he asked if anyone wanted dropping there and as they didn't missed it out! Even though he was then parked up in the bus station waiting his time to do 45!
(13 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm)Cock Robin wrote Driver on A66 today took over 5 minutes to work out how to ring my ticket out. Muttered "what a f ing job, you get one days training"!

Hope no-one was waiting at the Cinema as he asked if anyone wanted dropping there and as they didn't missed it out! Even though he was then parked up in the bus station waiting his time to do 45!

The A66/H66 usually drop off the passengers at Teesside Park then run light to Middlesbrough Bus Station to pick up another service.

Another will be running around Teesside Park at around the same time to pick up passengers heading to Stockton and beyond which will probably have run dead from Middlesbrough.

This is incredibly annoying for passengers as those who aren't aware of this usually starting shouting stuff like "why is he out of service" "why has he gone down to the cinema, he didn't on the way here" "why is there another bus going down now" until you end up having to explain the interworking to passengers who don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

When I have been on before they have asked if people wanted to be off at the cinema and if no-one replies they just U-turn at the roundabout by Morrisons, which really they probably shouldn't be doing.
(13 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm)Cock Robin wrote Driver on A66 today took over 5 minutes to work out how to ring my ticket out. Muttered "what a f   ing job, you get one days training"!

If it's the lad I am thinking of, he only started with them about a week ago. Was at Stagecoach when I was there but left not long after I started, can't remember what for (too many left!) - he was working for CMC a few weeks ago then appeared on Leven about a week ago. Passed him on the 66s earlier today so quite likely.
Ticketer machines can't take that much to get used to though, they're pretty simple to operate!