You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East - Latest
(10 Nov 2014, 12:57 pm)Dan wrote 5321 now back at Deptford following repaint. 5322 should therefore go to Saltmeadows tomorrow morning for repaint.

I seen a silver arrows heading down felling bypass at around 12pm today towards Saltmeadows, potentially 5322??
Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(10 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm)dodsy wrote I seen a silver arrows heading down felling bypass at around 12pm today towards Saltmeadows, potentially 5322??

This was 5324 - heading to Saltmeadows for repairs. Deptford may well wait for 5324 to be done before sending 5322 so they're only one Merc down instead of two.
(10 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote This was 5324 - heading to Saltmeadows for repairs. Deptford may well wait for 5324 to be done before sending 5322 so they're only one Merc down instead of two.

Speaking of Silver Arrows Mercs, 5323 was having Door Issues at Dinner Time on the 2A, The Driver tried the Button on the Dashboard, then got out the Cab and pressed the Button above then Door, and finally attempted to open them with his Bare Hands but to no avail, said 2A was also running more than 10 Minutes Late as a Result, no idea if the driver got the doors fixed though as I got on 5320 on the 2C which pulled in Behind.

And it took 4 Attempts of me Shouting and giving Various Hand Signals to explain what was wrong with 5323, before the Driver of 5320 would open the Doors to let myself and a few others Passengers on Board, as he kept on pointing for me to go back onto the Stand until 5323 pulled away and then gave me a bit of lip as I showed my Pass, someone must of pissed in his Cornflakes this Morning as he was quite grumpy with other Passengers also.
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm)Dan wrote There are currently three vehicles on loan to Stanley to alleviate vehicle shortages, including:
  • Chester-le-Street's Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3868 (W178 SCU)
  • Chester-le-Street's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6026 (V226 LGC)
  • Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6032 (V332 LGC)

6032 has returned to service at Washington, though Chester-le-Street's vehicles are still on loan to Stanley.
Go North East - Latest
(09 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm)G-CPTN wrote Probably the unused section of a return ticket. Big Grin

He's more prominent than you think. Dr Dennison is an MBE, used to be a head lecturer at Newcastle University, was golfing friends with the former CEO of Arriva, before he passed away, and I believe he's actually quite a local figure in politics. He also chairs the governors of another school, besides mine. Smile
(10 Nov 2014, 7:59 pm)Marcus wrote He's more prominent than you think. Dr Dennison is an MBE, used to be a head lecturer at Newcastle University, was golfing friends with the former CEO of Arriva, before he passed away, and I believe he's actually quite a local figure in politics. He also chairs the governors of another school, besides mine. Smile

There is no requirement to be a prominent person to own Go-Ahead shares while I don't have an MBE I still hold my shares albeit in a nominee account.
I'm sure there are some other members of this forum who have a share holding in Go-Ahead or membership of the company share save plan.
Site Administrator
(10 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote This was 5324 - heading to Saltmeadows for repairs. Deptford may well wait for 5324 to be done before sending 5322 so they're only one Merc down instead of two.

5324 will indeed be repainted whilst at Saltmeadows and Deptford has therefore kept 5322 in service until 5324 returns.
Go North East - Latest
A Red decker broke down just before Flint Hill this morning. It was replaced by 4904 which has a problem with its ticket machines and as a result service 825 30 minutes late but arrived at St Bedes at 9:00. just 15 minutes late.
Also as another small piece of news, as he had hoped to, Paul Stephenson has returned to the company. he qas the driver of scholars service 824 tonight.
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 5:09 pm)Robert wrote A Red decker broke down just before Flint Hill this morning. It was replaced by 4904 which has a problem with its ticket machines and as a result service 825 30 minutes late but arrived at St Bedes at 9:00. just 15 minutes late.
Also as another small piece of news, as he had hoped to, Paul Stephenson has returned to the company. he qas the driver of scholars service 824 tonight.

Did he get a welcome back? Wink
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 8:44 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote There is no requirement to be a prominent person to own Go-Ahead shares while I don't have an MBE I still hold my shares albeit in a nominee account.
I'm sure there are some other members of this forum who have a share holding in Go-Ahead or membership of the company share save plan.

Oh, I wasn't trying to put it like that, I was just listing some of his achievements.
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm)Marcus wrote Did he get a welcome back? Wink

unfortunately, i couldnt as i dont get on that bus. im sure the rest of the drivers gave him one though.
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote Christmas/New Year Service levels

http://www.simplygo.com/news/christmas2014/

**Even beat Michael to it**

I am somewhat disappointed that there isn't an earlier service on the 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle, and the morning runs all start from Concord instead. I had the misfortune of having to endure the first 56 of the day last year towards Newcastle and it was packed right from the second stop into the route... Whilst I understand it'd be a commercial risk taking on earlier services (as the company's costs are significantly higher than usual), the data from last year could perhaps have showed it may have been worth it. That said, the double decked vehicles which will be allocated to the service will undoubtedly help with easing loadings.
Not sure what the other services were like on the first couple of runs - could be a similar story, not sure.

Mind, beating Michael to posting a link to the website was an achievement like. Wink 

(11 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm)Michael wrote GNE need to sort the app out,according to them the 56 is currently good...

I honestly don't think that part is updated, unless it's exceptional circumstances. I've certainly not seen it updated once and I touched upon this in another post elsewhere on the forum recently. I do hope that AVL/Real Time Information will assist with keeping this updated though.
Fencehouses has a bus on Boxing Day!
Never been known!

At last, a common sense decision.

Hopefully people see a service is running and can break.the habit of a lifetime (in that they have never had a Boxing Day service ever) and use the bus!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Fencehouses has a bus on Boxing Day!
Never been known!

Hopefully people see a service is running and can break.the habit of a lifetime (in that they have never had a Boxing Day service ever) and use the bus!

No doubt the entire FPF party will show up to send her on her way!

I can just imagine it, the entire dominion of Fencehouses showing up, the vehicle sits on Avenue Vivian, and then the bottle is swung across to her hull and she slowly drifts away.....

Only to be then blown up by the Bournmoor Bad Boys as it drives towards the city centre! Tongue
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Fencehouses has a bus on Boxing Day!
Never been known!

Aye... Hopefully so - otherwise you can guarantee these journeys won't be making a re-appearance next year!
Wonder if intu are funding the late X66 runs again....just so people can connect to non existent buses which all ceased ops 2 hours ago
(11 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Although linked elsewhere (http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=521&pid=70886#pid70886), Tom Dodds from GNE made an appearance on Radio Newcastle this morning, to make comment about GNE and their provision/offer - following on from the court case involving First.

Didn't catch it? Do you know roughly what time, so I can dig out a recording on iPlayer?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote Christmas/New Year Service levels

http://www.simplygo.com/news/christmas2014/

**Even beat Michael to it**

I'll break the habit of a lifetime, and make an extremely positive post. It's a cracking service for Boxing Day, and as far as I can see, nearly everybody is going to have at least an hourly service, with most having either half hourly or better. I'll certainly be having a trip out and making the most of it.

In contrast, Arriva are running approximately sod all where I live in Durham. Dodgy
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm)aureolin wrote I'll break the habit of a lifetime, and make an extremely positive post. It's a cracking service for Boxing Day, and as far as I can see, nearly everybody is going to have at least an hourly service, with most having either half hourly or better. I'll certainly be having a trip out and making the most of it.

In contrast, Arriva are running approximately sod all where I live in Durham. Dodgy

I was always under the impression you lived over in Washington? Tongue
(11 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm)Marcus wrote I was always under the impression you lived over in Washington? Tongue

I think his posts complaining about the X1 suggest otherwise Wink
(11 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm)Marcus wrote I was always under the impression you lived over in Washington? Tongue

Once upon a time. I'll be living there on Boxing Day though, seeing as I can't face two days in a row stuck in the house! (thanks Arriva!) Big Grin
Go North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm)aureolin wrote Once upon a time. I'll be living there on Boxing Day though, seeing as I can't face two days in a row stuck in the house! (thanks Arriva!) Big Grin

Oh, I absolutely hate the double days. Thing is, on Christmas Day, I'm bored by 10am! Tongue

I get up at 7am, go downstairs, raid the presents, (I like to open a few of my sisters as well, because I'm just a lovely big brother!) and by 8am I tend to put one of my new DVDs on. That tends to take me up until about 10am, and then I just want dinner to come! Tongue
@aureolin

Not too exact, but would have been beyond 0900 if I remember correctly.
It was the main topic of conversation and then Tom came on.

@Fozz
Sunderland at home this year. Fourth time in five years and anyone living beyond Seaham have to find another way of getting to the game, other than via bus from the East Durham area.
Appreciate football isn't the be all, end all nor the reason everyone will be heading into Sunderland on Boxing Day - but it is the reason for a significant number of those people.
Obviously in the other direction (and closer for home to you), you have the biggest outlet site between Royal Quays and McCarthur Glen in York, not having a service, on what is a traditionally busy day for sales.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Nov 2014, 8:16 pm)Marcus wrote Thing is, on Christmas Day, I'm bored by 10am! Tongue

I get up at 7am, go downstairs, raid the presents,
That tends to take me up until about 10am, and then I just want dinner to come! Tongue

That used to be how it was when I was a youngster - but even earlier finish.

Then we decided to behave like a family and open presents in turn, with nibbles and drinks, stopping for mince pies etc etc

That stretches things out (and you get to see what others have got so you can either gloat or complain).

BTW, it's gonna be a poor old Christmas this year . . .Santa Claus died last month:- Santa Claus is dead
(11 Nov 2014, 8:16 pm)Marcus wrote Oh, I absolutely hate the double days. Thing is, on Christmas Day, I'm bored by 10am! Tongue

I get up at 7am, go downstairs, raid the presents, (I like to open a few of my sisters as well, because I'm just a lovely big brother!) and by 8am I tend to put one of my new DVDs on. That tends to take me up until about 10am, and then I just want dinner to come! Tongue

I normally get up about 8ish but this year i think it will be earlier, as i have a feeling my mam will be working all day so i'll get up before she goes to work.

Christmas dinner is defiantly my favorite part of Christmas day now since i'm 23... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.