You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
Following repaint, Mercedes Citaro 5322 has returned to service at Deptford and is operating the 1617 Silver Arrows service from Sunderland.

5323 due tomorrow.
Just asked GNE on facebook on their post about the Sunderland Consultation, if the proposed changes will be uploaded on to their site for people to see, if they can't make it.

Will let u know what answer i get
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Nov 2014, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote Just asked GNE on facebook on their post about the Sunderland Consultation, if the proposed changes will be uploaded on to their site for people to see, if they can't make it.

Will let u know what answer i get

Go North East 

The results will be posted yes once a decision has been made

So what about people who can't make it, don't they want our opinion?

Edit: Spelling mistake! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I was gonna have another little rant about these consultations, but the points have already been made previous by myself and others.

The comments in August 13 (?) relating to previous consultations', sum everything up.

Just glad it isn't taxpayer money they waste in the constant rejigging of services. Would hate to think how much money has been wasted over the years in associated costs. 
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Nov 2014, 5:32 pm)Michael wrote Go North East 

The results will be posted yes once a decision has been made

So what about people who can't make it, don't they want our opinion?

Edit: Spelling mistake! 

I can't see your post - did you get a reply?
(19 Nov 2014, 7:31 pm)idiot wrote I can't see your post - did you get a reply?

It was on their own post about the one at Park Lane

I replied again - 

When's that?, I would rather know your proposed changes so i can put my opinion on them than wait until changes have being decided.. any how are you planning on changing the 2A/2C as i use these regularly?

No answer... that was at 2 hours ago... 

Edit: Just spotted this on the post by someone else.... 

Can't make it - why can't u be there for a couple of days instead of only one day giving people a chance to see the proposed changes or post them online for comments - would make more sense or do u not want many people's opinions n have already made the decision on the changes already
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm)mb134 wrote Just wondering if anybody knows how much a single/ return from Newcastle to the MetroCentre is? 
Thanks in advance

Single is £2.70, return is £3.40. 
(19 Nov 2014, 8:03 pm)Tom wrote Single is £2.70, return is £3.40. 
Cheers Big Grin assuming this is on any service? Would have e-mailed GNE but I had no idea when I may have recieved a response  Undecided
(19 Nov 2014, 8:05 pm)mb134 wrote Cheers Big Grin assuming this is on any service? Would have e-mailed GNE but I had no idea when I may have recieved a response  Undecided

Yeah it is Smile
All services between Newcastle and Metrocentre, and on the X66.
(19 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm)Dan wrote It was a huge success this year - next season should be equally as successful, and I believe busman101 suggested that Go North East had a few things planned to make the service even better next year.

A Solo SR in place of the MPD would be a good move. Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm)Dan wrote It was a huge success this year - next season should be equally as successful, and I believe busman101 suggested that Go North East had a few things planned to make the service even better next year.

Good to hear!

I keep meaning to take a trip on it.
Site Administrator
(19 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm)aureolin wrote A Solo SR in place of the MPD would be a good move. Big Grin

Certainly would be nice, but I don't think the performance of service AD122 was that good! Tongue 

(19 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Hope 635 and 636 go on they need repainting soon

These vehicles entered service in January 2012 - they're not even three years old yet - so they won't be getting repainted for a while yet.

(19 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Will x35 get update soon with mercadies benz

Probably not.
The Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles on "Fast Cats" services X35/X36 were only repainted earlier this year, suggesting they'll be on there for another three years or so yet, though I imagine when the service does get upgraded, it will be in the form of Mercedes Citaros.
Site Administrator
(19 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm)Michael wrote When does the 700/701 contract come up for grabs?

September 2015.
NK62 FBA was showing a horizontally-scrolling rear destination blind earlier this evening (on TEN through Corbridge).
(19 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote September 2015.

Could be intresting then with the QC's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm)Michael wrote Could be intresting then with the QC's.

I'd imagine any Nexus contracts from now on will be short-term contracts which last until the planned implementation of Quality Contracts..?
Go North East - Latest
(19 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote These vehicles entered service in January 2012 - they're not even three years old yet - so they won't be getting repainted for a while yet.

Thought it was suggested that they were going to be repainted because they are no longer allocated to Nexus secured services?
Site Administrator
(19 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm)Robert wrote Thought it was suggested that they were going to be repainted because they are no longer allocated to Nexus secured services?

I've tried to look back but can't find any related posts, so I unfortunately can't confirm what I originally said.

I believe I suggested that I was doubtful that they would be repainted but I personally would have liked to see them repainted given that they were no longer being allocated to a Nexus-secured service.
Site Administrator
(19 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Is 38 nexus secured

The day time service is commercially operated, but is allocated "Nexus" branded Optare Solo SR vehicles. The evening service (numbered 38C) is secured by Nexus.