You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East - Latest
(19 Nov 2014, 1:40 pm)palatine3833 wrote One of Belmont's Sapphires is off for MOT this week, hence why we have 1521.

1522 was in Stockton today on test day
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
Just a quick one about allocations. Jesmond are exactly the same as Blyth when it comes to allocating the streetlites. More than often I've seen the new streetlites (which are specifically for 306) on the 55, 54 and more recently I've been seeing them creep onto the 43 as well. It's just a bit strange that they can't keep the streetlites on the 306
Just a quick one about allocations. Jesmond are exactly the same as Blyth when it comes to allocating the streetlites. More than often I've seen the new streetlites (which are specifically for 306) on the 55, 54 and more recently I've been seeing them creep onto the 43 as well. It's just a bit strange that they can't keep the streetlites on the 306
Belmont are currently still doing driver familiarization hence why one example is not being used on service 23 at the moment. I think a Pulsar was allocated to service U1 yesterday but was later replaced with 1576.

I think Jesmond Streetlite's are often on other services because the 306 runs on some some school contract where the Streetlite's are not suitable for that contract or something like that.
(20 Nov 2014, 11:06 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Ok doyou no whats on 21 today

Pvr of 21/X21 is 4 and today it is made up of 4812/3/4 and another unidentified example 
Arriva NE Facebook Page:
"Arriva is launching their MAX brand on services X14, X15 and X18 with Titan the Robot at Morpeth Market place from 11.30am on Friday 28th NOvember"
Will they start branding them soon then?
(20 Nov 2014, 9:07 pm)Jimmi wrote Trying to plan a day out on Arriva's website to Morpeth and other places for next Friday to head to the MAX launch, although it is incredibly difficult when every route in the Arriva network pops up!

Give me a shout if you want any times as I have most of the timetables.
(20 Nov 2014, 9:07 pm)Jimmi wrote Trying to plan a day out on Arriva's website to Morpeth and other places for next Friday to head to the MAX launch, although it is incredibly difficult when every route in the Arriva network pops up!

I'd thought about it when I seen their tweet, but I really can't be arsed rushing up there on a half day from work. Considering the gear they used at the last launch, I'm surprised it's not done after dusk?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Give me a shout if you want any times as I have most of the timetables.
I have most of the timetables, I'm just not sure where.

I'd thought about it when I seen their tweet, but I really can't be arsed rushing up there on a half day from work. Considering the gear they used at the last launch, I'm surprised it's not done after dusk?
Yeah they had lots of blue lights, probably should have gone that night, although it would probably been a waste of time as my camera doesn't seem to do night shots.

They also launched them in Blyth around lunchtime too.

I imagine pretty much the same sort of set up for MAX launches in Darlington and Stockton soon.
Oh right! You could maybe catch a 35 into Ashington, for a chance to ride a new Streetlite, then a 34 into Bedlington which could be a Spectra, and a 2 back to Morpeth?
However, I wouldn't rely on the X18 as it is a awful service.
(20 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm)mb134 wrote Arriva NE Facebook Page:
"Arriva is launching their MAX brand on services X14, X15 and X18 with Titan the Robot at Morpeth Market place from 11.30am on Friday 28th NOvember"
Will they start branding them soon then?

It's about time... Though launching the service at a time of day when all the buses bar the spares should be in service and most fare paying passengers probably have somewhere more important to be seems a little odd. Not really going to create MAXimum impact is it?
It's about time... Though launching the service at a time of day when all the buses bar the spares should be in service and most fare paying passengers probably have somewhere more important to be seems a little odd. Not really going to create MAXimum impact is it?
Yeah, although launching during the daytime will get the OAPS and anyone out shopping, not sure a night launch would be a good thing as many people who have been to work won't be fussed about seeing buses that will be on their services the next day anyway and the only people you are likely to attract is chavs on BMX's who may vandalize the buses.
Oh right! You could maybe catch a 35 into Ashington, for a chance to ride a new Streetlite, then a 34 into Bedlington which could be a Spectra, and a 2 back to Morpeth?

However, I wouldn't rely on the X18 as it is a awful service.
Could do that, still have to wait and see if I anything else crops up next Friday first which always seems to happen when these launches happen for some reason.

I've seen a few posts on here about the X18's reliability, I imagine it is like the reliability of the X93 is, terrible.
(20 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm)Jimmi wrote Could do that, still have to wait and see if I anything else crops up next Friday first which always seems to happen when these launches happen for some reason.

I've seen a few posts on here about the X18's reliability, I imagine it is like the reliability of the X93 is, terrible.
X15 might be a better bet, normally on time when I use it, however during the middle of a weekday I can't see there being too many problems with the X18. At least, when I had to get it to Alnwick a couple of days in the holidays it was only a couple of minutes late each time Smile
(20 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm)Jimmi wrote Could do that, still have to wait and see if I anything else crops up next Friday first which always seems to happen when these launches happen for some reason.

To be fair to Arriva. The X93 this year was a massive improvement over 2013. The timetable seems to be fine, it's the passenger loadings that hurt it.

Now the timetable is in winter operation, they seem to be quite reliable from ones I've seen in Middlesbrough.

I suggest you give it a try. It will be even better with the B9's when they arrive!
To be fair to Arriva. The X93 this year was a massive improvement over 2013. The timetable seems to be fine, it's the passenger loadings that hurt it.

Now the timetable is in winter operation, they seem to be quite reliable from ones I've seen in Middlesbrough.
 I suggest you give it a try. It will be even better with the B9's when they arrive!
The X93 does seem more reliable now, it helps that they have altered the timetable and hopefully things will improve further when the B9TL's enter service.
(20 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm)Jimmi wrote I have most of the timetables, I'm just not sure where.

Yeah they had lots of blue lights, probably should have gone that night, although it would probably been a waste of time as my camera doesn't seem to do night shots.

They also launched them in Blyth around lunchtime too.

I imagine pretty much the same sort of set up for MAX launches in Darlington and Stockton soon.
(21 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm)Cock Robin wrote Not that soon!

They shouldn't be far off. Just need the buses back from Blackburn...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Arriva - make the live app available for Windows Phone users, tried using it on the normal mobile site and was a complete waste of time as everything was all over the place, couldn't zoom in or out and once you've clicked a service it won't let you pick another one. It's useless!

The 1552 23 and 1607 24 both left Park Lane with decent amount of passengers onboard although both left late. The 1615 X21 arrived with one passenger departing and has left with 2 (I'm one of them!)