Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

RE: Go North East
(22 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 10:59 am)Michael wrote 5357 has being sold, according to the fleet allocation

It's odd that it was bought in the first place. I'm sure they only used it a few times around Christmas, then it's been stored at Ashington or somewhere like that?

I'm surprised they managed to sell it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Angel's heavily regulated today.

28A and X22 abandoned their timetables due to severe delays in Lamesley and on A1

Neither helped by the roadworks in Birtley itself either
legend
Unregistered
(22 Jul 2013, 10:59 am)Michael wrote 5357 has being sold, according to the fleet allocation

It's odd that it was bought in the first place. I'm sure they only used it a few times around Christmas, then it's been stored at Ashington or somewhere like that?

Brunswick, flew over it last night, it looked like they are still nicking parts from it even though it's been sold...
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm)aureolin wrote

I'm surprised they managed to sell it.

I imagine it was sold to the scrap man rather than for anyone else. As Adam has already said, butchered for parts that GNE required first. Probably was cheaper to do it that way than to buy them fresh in.

5357 has been stored at Gateshead depot for quite some time now. If I recall correctly, Liam made a note of it when it was first transferred from storage back to GNE.

EDIT: Indeed Liam did make a note of it. While "behind the scenes" updates are being performed, normal members cannot see posts from previous separated Go North East threads. I have therefore quoted the post below:
(16 May 2013, 3:44 pm)Liam wrote Ex-London Citaro 5357 (BX54 UCO) has now returned to Sunderland Road.
With these ex-London bendies - who were the people who inspected them prior to purchase, took them for a test drive etc.

Yes, the vehicles were bought reasonably discounted, but have they been value for money? Have GNE used the money wisely?
(22 Jul 2013, 5:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote With these ex-London bendies - who were the people who inspected them prior to purchase, took them for a test drive etc.

Yes, the vehicles were bought reasonably discounted, but have they been value for money? Have GNE used the money wisely?

They've had their positives and negatives. They've managed to reduce overcrowding on service 58, but service reliability has reduced compared to when the newer '08'-reg rigid Citaros previously used. I do think, however, that the service will be able to cope with single deckers, if and when they arrive, regardless of what kind they are - it works alright now with the 'Northern' Volvo B10BLEs used so frequently.
(22 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote Versa's are ordered for 58.

It makes you wonder why Versas are being purchased considering GNE seem to have relentless problems with the standard V1110 Versas. Surely wouldn't it have been better to buy StreetLites due to the better reliability?
(22 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm)ne14ne1 wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 6:07 pm)BJ10VUS wrote

Excellent! Smile

Nooooo! Sad

At least the engineering department will have fun trying to locate the various rattles that will appear almost straight away, and if that wasn't enough, they'll have Blackpool illuminations on the dashboard to deal with. Rolleyes
(22 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm)ne14ne1 wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 6:07 pm)BJ10VUS wrote

Excellent! Smile

Nooooo! Sad

Bad move by GNE by getting Versas for the 58, ... Edit Reason: Offensive comments removed.
(22 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Bad move by GNE by getting Versas for the 58, ... Edit Reason: Offensive comments removed.

That's is an extremely harsh (and in my opinion inaccurate) comment to make. The sort that could get the site into bother. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same MD who has brought in the Gemini 2's for the TTX and the TEN? and the Hybrids for the Angel... all quality buses without question.

I've got my reservations about Versas, like others will have. The batches for the Orbit, SimpliCity and Drifter were nothing but trouble, and apparently led the former MD to have crisis talks with Optare about the quality of vehicles they were getting. They did have it on demo for quite sometime, so they're obviously confident it works and provides benefits over the Streetlite demo they've got. They wouldn't be able to make a business case for the finance otherwise...
(22 Jul 2013, 6:37 pm)aureolin wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Bad move by GNE by getting Versas for the 58, ... Edit Reason: Offensive comments removed.

That's is an extremely harsh (and in my opinion inaccurate) comment to make. The sort that could get the site into bother. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same MD who has brought in the Gemini 2's for the TTX and the TEN? and the Hybrids for the Angel... all quality buses without question.

I've got my reservations about Versas, like others will have. The batches for the Orbit, SimpliCity and Drifter were nothing but trouble, and apparently led the former MD to have crisis talks with Optare about the quality of vehicles they were getting. They did have it on demo for quite sometime, so they're obviously confident it works and provides benefits over the Streetlite demo they've got. They wouldn't be able to make a business case for the finance otherwise...

I'm a fan of the ones on the 'Orbit', as they're very powerful on the hills. However, I was disappointed with the performance of the 'Saltwell Park' Versa I used when one strayed on to the 51. Hopefully they'll be ordering the Cummins engined ones Smile
(22 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 6:37 pm)aureolin wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Bad move by GNE by getting Versas for the 58 ,...Edit Reason: Offensive comments removed.

I'm a fan of the ones on the 'Orbit', as they're very powerful on the hills. However, I was disappointed with the performance of the 'Saltwell Park' Versa I used when one strayed on to the 51. Hopefully they'll be ordering the Cummins engined ones Smile

I agree there nothing wrong with the Geminis, My fave bus other than the Citaros on the Silver Arrows etc

That's basically the reason behind my comment as it seems to me to be a constant problems with the reliability of the Versas, I mean what is the point in buying a product again which has been problematic in the past, Even the Streetlites due to come in I have heard the Drivers don't like them. Thats despite having 3 demos in the Past 2 years.

Surely it would make sense testing out more than 2 Buses on the 58 before making a quick judgment.

I apologize if my comments came out a bit wrong, but everyone has there own opinion, i've been following GNE for 17 years and i'm now 20 so you can't really say I know nothing about the company, I would say I know more than most about the company.
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2013, 8:37 pm)aureolin wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm)Daniel wrote 3964 now carries her Real Radio advertisement. Looks rather grim indeed if you ask me.

Was it working the 24?

Highwayman duties again. 95 until this afternoon, when she was presumably branded and sent out quickly again.
(22 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's is an extremely harsh (and in my opinion inaccurate) comment to make. The sort that could get the site into bother. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same MD who has brought in the Gemini 2's for the TTX and the TEN? and the Hybrids for the Angel... all quality buses without question.

Hardly going to get the site in trouble by making a personal observation. If someone believes that, then it is their right to do so. Free speech and all.
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2013, 8:43 pm)gtomlinson wrote
(22 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's is an extremely harsh (and in my opinion inaccurate) comment to make. The sort that could get the site into bother. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same MD who has brought in the Gemini 2's for the TTX and the TEN? and the Hybrids for the Angel... all quality buses without question.

Hardly going to get the site in trouble by making a personal observation. If someone believes that, then it is their right to do so. Free speech and all.

Indeed, and it is also stated in our Terms of Use:
"The opinions contained in the forum are those of the author and do not represent those of North East Buses."

Indeed, and it is also stated in our Terms of Use:
"The opinions contained in the forum are those of the author and do not represent those of North East Buses."

Thanks Guys it's appreciated, And I agree and i'm sticking with my point of views despite what others may think.
(22 Jul 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson wrote Was hoping to get along to Chester today but stuck with a pile of work, anyone know of any interesting workings on the extra X21s?

Allocations for extra X21's this afternoon based on Chester le Street departures
15.13 departure, Northern Trident 3886.
15.43 departure, (Crook based) Pronto B7TL President 6040.
16.13 departure, (Crook based) Pronto B7TL President 6041.
Just in case anyone asks 6040 and 6041 were not late running normal X21's both came from Picktree Lane direction and left Coral's showing a destination of Newcastle Wilkinsons.
While checking the above I noted some odd workings such as Whey Aye Five O, 4929 arrived in Chester le Street on the 28 route at 16.00.
Whey Aye Five O, 4926 on 34A outside Chester le Street Red Lion at 16.10 assume this was covering for 4866 which was in the depot.
The 50 has 3873 and one of the red Vykings today and they had Yellow Olympian yesterday.
Due to the unfortunate incident at Fatfield today, it looks like services were put on diversion. Worm Hill Terrace and the section of Bonemill Lane that runs alongside the river were both closed off by emergency services.

Hopefully (although not likely) the girls will be found safe and well.
Bendies possibly leaving Citylink 58 around Novemeber, or so says this x66 driver. lol..
(not my videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82qJGPLzZmk

More bendy bus action in NewcastleGateshead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjgRHaoY3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5pXdulLP7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc9omGnw33o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7SFFeIT2E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOI7pANADI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUjeEUDoPZ0
(23 Jul 2013, 5:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Due to the unfortunate incident at Fatfield today, it looks like services were put on diversion. Worm Hill Terrace and the section of Bonemill Lane that runs alongside the river were both closed off by emergency services.

Hopefully (although not likely) the girls will be found safe and well.

One according to my sister has been rescued, not confirmed on the News, doing the rounds on Facebook.

But Yeah the Whole of Fatfield is closed off, M1/2A/2C will be using the old Diversion from when Fatfield Bridge was closed for repair