Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
(18 Jul 2013, 4:12 pm)aureolin wrote "Saltwell Park" Versa 8295 was broken down in Heworth Interchange at approx 11.30 this morning. Although it was later seen working the 51/52 Orbit routes.

That'll be the one I noted this morning I bet! If it wasn't and there were two Parks on... oops!

Been a hard day for the buses again today - don't cope well with the heat at all (I bet AdamY and Michael coped better in the heat today, in fact!):

- "Wear Tees Xpress" 4909 expired at Peterlee Bus Station today while working service X7. IIRC, 4908 replaced her.
- "East Durham" MPD 573 was also feeling unwell. She couldn't perform the 202 service to Seaham as she should have, and passengers were left stranded for an hour until the next service arrived. Depot said they couldn't do anything because they were short of vehicles. Deptford brought along "Northern" MPD 547 to cover its upcoming runs afterwards though.
- "Northern" Cadet 8267 expired outside of Southmoor School, Sunderland, today too. Was there about an hour ago, with the driver managing to sunbathe whilst waiting for an engineer! Assuming an engineer can't fix it on the spot, I expect 8267 will be another Bradley job as was the case with 4909.
4989 prince bishop bus was on the 60 today. There was a green drifter on the 60 expired at seaham grange at just before 4pm, passengers were busy transferring to the 60 behind it

Been a hard day for the buses again today - don't cope well with the heat at all (I bet AdamY and Michael coped better in the heat today, in fact!):

I have, my hayfever hasn't started yet, probley's start when it starts to get dark had a long day at work... we have no air in the rooms... =(

How are the numbers on the X7, its being a while since it was lanuched, i always seem to miss it when im passing though the city centre (Sunderland)?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Reporter
(18 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm)cbma06 wrote 4989 prince bishop bus was on the 60 today. There was a green drifter on the 60 expired at seaham grange at just before 4pm, passengers were busy transferring to the 60 behind it

i saw 4989 getting put on at Park Lane good thing i got a photo on my flickr but due to copyright reasons i cannot show it as it will have the copyright licence on
Site Administrator
(18 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm)Cosminaut wrote
(18 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm)cbma06 wrote 4989 prince bishop bus was on the 60 today. There was a green drifter on the 60 expired at seaham grange at just before 4pm, passengers were busy transferring to the 60 behind it

i saw 4989 getting put on at Park Lane good thing i got a photo on my flickr but due to copyright reasons i cannot show it as it will have the copyright licence on

Bazza (it is Bazza, isn't it?), you're more than welcome to insert the photograph as an attachment (with or without your copyright watermarks) or give us a link to your Flickr photo when it is uploaded. Smile
Site Administrator
(19 Jul 2013, 7:42 am)Wellsey18 wrote Why have the north Tyne links had their side route branding taken away? I'm on 505 and the seats in side have all been re cushioned

To make way for advertisement boards. One side on the Centurion has had the same done to it.
Site Administrator
Green MPD 506 is out on normal 39s today (not shorts), presumably covering for 547 which was reported to be at Peterlee again today on X7s - though looking like she would be replaced by 8259.
At Royal Hospital now heading up towards Pennywell for anyone wanting a photo of her.
Site Administrator
SimpliCity 8327 is being utilised on 700s today. At Park Lane heading to Roker Beach now.

(EDIT - 10:07): East Durham MPD 540 on short 39s today. Approaching Park Lane now.
Site Administrator
President 6023 is at Saltmeadows, presumably for general maintenance rather than for anything serious.
Lolyne W859 is also at Saltmeadows. She presumably has had racks fitted and is waiting to be sent back to her depot. The other Lolyne which I mentioned yesterday (W862) is still having racks fitted.
Blaydon Racers Citaro 5276 is also at Meadows. I can't see any damage so would assume it's for general maintenance.
Likewise, Toon Link 5147 is also at Meadows.
The next Coaster (KJZ) has arrived and is waiting to be prepped before repaint.
3964 is sitting in the paintshop having just received a fresh coat of yellow. This is said to be for a promotional livery.
Also on the OK1 is Crook's 'Northern' B7TL 6039.'

EDIT (1122): TTX B7 3963 is on the X10, so we either have a poorly B9 or Gateshead have allocated one onto the wrong service.
Site Administrator
Something to do with the upper back window of 6023. It has been replaced now anyway - quick job :p

3964 is being branded now.
(19 Jul 2013, 8:52 am)Daniel wrote Green MPD 506 is out on normal 39s today (not shorts), presumably covering for 547 which was reported to be at Peterlee again today on X7s - though looking like she would be replaced by 8259.
At Royal Hospital now heading up towards Pennywell for anyone wanting a photo of her.

8259 is indeed now on X7.
(19 Jul 2013, 10:23 am)Daniel wrote Something to do with the upper back window of 6023. It has been replaced now anyway - quick job :p

Got a photo of it in a completely yellow base without any decals. Randomly pulled in to Heworth for a few mins on an engineer test blind and sharply cleared off.

Edit: photo now below.

[Image: 9322071038_b363a8b5d5.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Jul 2013, 11:07 am)Kuyoyo wrote
(19 Jul 2013, 8:52 am)Daniel wrote Green MPD 506 is out on normal 39s today (not shorts), presumably covering for 547 which was reported to be at Peterlee again today on X7s - though looking like she would be replaced by 8259.

8259 is indeed now on X7.

Now replaced with B10BLE 4908 seen in Stockton 1445
(19 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm)aureolin wrote
(19 Jul 2013, 10:23 am)Daniel wrote Something to do with the upper back window of 6023. It has been replaced now anyway - quick job :p

Got a photo of it in a completely yellow base without any decals. Randomly pulled in to Heworth for a few mins on an engineer test blind and sharply cleared off.

Edit: photo now below.

[Image: 9322071038_b363a8b5d5.jpg]

Some sort of Metrolink service? A low floor Yellow Bus?

On a seperate note, 2 of the OK Scanias have been accounted for - one on the 34 and another on road test from Picktree, heading off towards Birtley.

The 71 has its usual gruesome twosome back on, so I'm assuming the OK mpd is back on Bishop duties.
Site Administrator
They had the ladders there and were washing parts of the bus - sure I saw some vinyls being prepared too, but they must have realised that they had a Coaster there to strip, sand and repaint instead! Well caught though - she looks much better out in the sun than she did stuck in Saltmeadows! Wink
Site Administrator
3964 is out on 98s now. Just crossed the bridge that leads to the Metrocentre on the TEN route. I haven't got a clue on names! :L
(19 Jul 2013, 9:02 am)Daniel wrote SimpliCity 8327 is being utilised on 700s today. At Park Lane heading to Roker Beach now.

(EDIT - 10:07): East Durham MPD 540 on short 39s today. Approaching Park Lane now.

There was a Simplicity on the 73 as well, didn't get a photo as I was getting on the 2C with a load of shopping, plus I didn't my camera on me either unfortunately.
legend
Unregistered
Been on work experience all week and every day I have noticed Lambton Worm 4862 (or 4?62) on service 94... anyone wanting to catch it... I would go to Maingate Team Valley for about 08:15... it will be coming but its been later than others on some days....
Yeah it's just a short working, but from the Valley, it does a loop of Urpeth Grange NIS (following an in service Lambton Worm around the estate), to get to Ouston - before doing the loop of Urpeth again and working its way onto Pelton etc.
Site Administrator
Think it's a worm that performs the first short working of the day, and then a Waggonway that performs the second - isn't it?
I know that the worm performs Team Valley service 937 before doing said run on the 94 though!
Site Administrator
SimpliCity 8321 out on 73s today.

Also, major delays to services that use Victoria Road, Gateshead. Driver has just told me that the road was closed in both directions because someone was knocked over and killed. Few fire engines and ambulances attended. Thoughts go out to that person today, and if anyone can provide a news article if/when one is put out, that would be great.

The pride parade thing is causing some delays too, and there have been one or two other accidents too causing some delays apparently.